Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2014

Options
  • 03-12-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭

Two headliners announced so far

Arctic Monkeys on July 4th and unsurprisingly Metallica on the 3rd of July

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Amazing festival really, although a little pricey ticket-wise. Normally sells out fast now. Least you know plenty more variation is coming too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Pixies, Triggerfinger, Franz Ferdinand, Major Lazer and Skrillex added today.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

still hoping for pearl jam ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭rob w

Mushy wrote: »
    Amazing festival really, although a little pricey ticket-wise. Normally sells out fast now. Least you know plenty more variation is coming too.

How fast does it typically sell out? Its not one of thise gigs that sells out instantly is it? Thinking of going this year but not sure if Ill be able to pick up a ticket tomorrow.

rob w wrote: »
    How fast does it typically sell out? Its not one of thise gigs that sells out instantly is it? Thinking of going this year but not sure if Ill be able to pick up a ticket tomorrow.

It sells out faster than it did when I went, which will be 7 years ago next year. Not instantly, but ya May need it done by March. Hopefully later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

And Placebo, really thinking about going to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭rob w

It sells out faster than it did when I went, which will be 7 years ago next year. Not instantly, but ya May need it done by March. Hopefully later!

Ah cool thanks! Should def have them bought by March anyway!

Pearl Jam announced today!

Other day was Black keys and Jack Johnson!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Shaping up nicely now.

A very solid set of bands playing. Looks like I shall be attending!

• Advertisement

Got my ticket last night. Return flights to Charleoi are 67 quid now, hopefully it sticks!

Pearl Jam & Arctic Monkeys- excellent

Pixies & Metallica- great bands, not sure what they're like these days. Still legendary acts.

The Black Keys, Placebo & Franz Ferdinand- don't love them, but still very good bands. Triggerfinger are actually very good imo. Saw them (well, half their set) last time I was there.

Not mad about dance acts in general, but they do what they do. If someone like the Prodigy was announced that would be class.

Would love the likes of QotSA, the National, Kasabian, maybe Nick Cave, few others... don't know who's going to be on tour. But usually the lineup is very solid.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Pearl Jam & Arctic Monkeys- excellent

Pixies & Metallica- great bands, not sure what they're like these days. Still legendary acts.

The Black Keys, Placebo & Franz Ferdinand- don't love them, but still very good bands. Triggerfinger are actually very good imo. Saw them (well, half their set) last time I was there.

Not mad about dance acts in general, but they do what they do. If someone like the Prodigy was announced that would be class.

Would love the likes of QotSA, the National, Kasabian, maybe Nick Cave, few others... don't know who's going to be on tour. But usually the lineup is very solid.

They do normally have a dance/electronic headliner. Maybe Prodigy to play? Or Moby would be great!

Other bands I can see playing are Phoinex, Lumineers, Arcade Fire anyway. Shall wait and see now. It really is too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They do normally have a dance/electronic headliner. Maybe Prodigy to play? Or Moby would be great!

Other bands I can see playing are Phoinex, Lumineers, Arcade Fire anyway. Shall wait and see now. It really is too far away.

Would skrillex be perhaps playing the slot netsky played last year?

I would love to see 2 many djs in one of the tents. Been a few years since they were on the main stage and they are Belgian too.

Apparently Arcade Fire are touring Belgium mid-June, seems unlikely they'll go back a few weeks later.

Phoenix- possibly. Don't know about the Lumineers, not mad about them tbh.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Would skrillex be perhaps playing the slot netsky played last year?

I dunno what slot that was. I assume he'll play a tent, or maybe after metallica.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Apparently Arcade Fire are touring Belgium mid-June, seems unlikely they'll go back a few weeks later.

Phoenix- possibly. Don't know about the Lumineers, not mad about them tbh.

Im just basing it on bands touring round then. My main wish now is for a qotsa return, although I may be greedy there.

I dunno what slot that was. I assume he'll play a tent, or maybe after metallica.

It was after Green Days headline set, would be lovely to have him after metalllica, rather than a clash..

It was after Green Days headline set, would be lovely to have him after metalllica, rather than a clash..

I only wish he doesnt so theyd have another big headline act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

guys, are there any hotels close to werchter? does everybody camp.

zweton wrote: »
    guys, are there any hotels close to werchter? does everybody camp.

check Leuven for hotels, but its closer to nearly booking out fully and its very expensive. Majority camp really!

I hope to stay in Leuven. My camping days are long gone. There's a hostel (cheap) and a budget hotel (not as cheap) right beside the bus/train station

What odds on the Prodigy being added? Playing Cork on the 2nd and Sonisphere on the 4th so realistically that would leave the 5th or 6th for Rock Werchter

Im hoping Prodigy get booked alright.

Booked the xl camping tix today, booked the flights on Sunday. So all of it is paid off now, roll on July!

Tickets booked, delighted, hoping for the foos or the prodigy to be added :D
    few questions if anyone can shed some light?

When are you able to buy the food/Drink coupons online?
    and it says online that it's 12 cans per person.. is it possible to then go to leuven and buy more to bring into the campsite?..

Anyone have any idea of the prices in the carrefour there too or would it be cheaper to bring food with you?

Tickets booked, delighted, hoping for the foos or the prodigy to be added :D
    few questions if anyone can shed some light?

When are you able to buy the food/Drink coupons online?
    and it says online that it's 12 cans per person.. is it possible to then go to leuven and buy more to bring into the campsite?..

Anyone have any idea of the prices in the carrefour there too or would it be cheaper to bring food with you?

I'd say it'd be unlikely any of them will, but I am hoping as well.

You should be able to buy them online already? I know the option is there anyway. Unless its like the train ticket and it is activated in like June.

Yup there is the shuttle bus to Leuven the whole time. Also a shop or 2 in Werchter, but they sell out very fast.

Bring food with you is always going to be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mr.S wrote: »
    The 12 cans thing is a myth, not sure why they say it, probably insurance and to promote safe drinking - you'll see people bringing 10 crates in with them to the campsites, bring as much as you can carry! Just no glass, and they do be pretty strict with the searches, usually opening up your bag and having a look inside.

There is a pop up carrefour(s) on site which if I remember correctly was the same price as a normal one, deff not a rip off anyway. No alcohol or smokes sold there though. The queues are horrible in the morning.

Theres a shop in Werchter but that sells out very fast and is pretty basic.

Free shuttle busses all day to Leuven where there is tons of shops, Aldi, Lidl, Carrefour etc and they never run out of stuff, what we usually do is bring a few cans/food with us from home, set up camp and then get the shuttle back into Leuven to stock up.

Prices in Belgium are pretty cheap in supermarkets, beer wise, a decent 500ml can can be got for 50-60cent!

I've been to Werchter, Pukkelpop and Dour festival a few times over the last few years and they have randomly limited us to 12 cans sometimes when entering the campsite and other times not bat an eyelid. So It's not a myth, I'd advise to just bring enough for that day and and not the entire weekend and just go back out later or the next day for more drink if you wish.

They dumped our extra cans in the bin.

By any chance, does anyone know what campsites open for the xl camping? Kinda wanting a spot under a tree, dont wanna be roasting every morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have also been to all 3 many many many times and have never seen that :eek:

At Werchter/Pukkelpop when you're queuing to get into the campsites on day 1 most people are bringing tolleys filled with beer!

I'd probably laugh in his face if you said I can't bring in over 12 beers!

Although its probably a better idea to re-stock each morning (saves you carrying in everything at once, beers getting warm).

Also increases their chances of selling their beers in the tents and stalls in the campsites!

Advertisement