Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have also been to all 3 many many many times and have never seen that :eek:

At Werchter/Pukkelpop when you're queuing to get into the campsites on day 1 most people are bringing tolleys filled with beer!

I'd probably laugh in his face if you said I can't bring in over 12 beers!

Although its probably a better idea to re-stock each morning (saves you carrying in everything at once, beers getting warm).

Also increases their chances of selling their beers in the tents and stalls in the campsites!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

there's no hiding from the heat!

That wine barn does a job plus with 2 roofed stages now there is at least shade available in the festival grounds.

But yes the heat can get pretty ridiculous over there at times

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

afaik its 3am wednesday, and you can get your festival wristband aswell. (which will save you ages as the queues are horrible on the first day).

If I remember correctly, A2 & A1 have the most amount of shade, A3 and A4 is essentially just a huge field with no trees apart from the side.

Would recommend a gazebo/marquee - pretty much every year i've been at RW its been ridiculously hot at least one of the days (one day it was about 35+c every day untill the Monday) and there's no hiding from the heat!

Yeah the site says 4pm, and that there are 3 sites open, will still be tough to get a good spot. For an extra 7 quid, its worth it for getting the band the day before and not staying on the road all night and being totally wrecked for day 1.

We are going to get tents over there, maybe a marquee too would be a good idea.

Kings of Leon the last headliner. Really hope a good band play a different stage!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

KOL have literally played that festival every year since time began.

6th time in 8 years :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Tis the same venue I last saw them, in 07. Not even Eddie Vedder could save their woefulness!

They must be cheap

Ellie Goulding, Babyshambles, Birdy, MGMT, and Crystal Fighters have been announced for Belgium's Rock Werchter

Yaaaaay!

May end up seeing none of them, bar mgmt for the craic and maybe ellie goulding!

Imagine Dragons self-confirmed tonight. Hope its a sign of a few more bands being announced.

• Advertisement

Imagine Dragons, Dropkick Murphys, Agnes Obel, Passenger, Metronomy, and The Naked and Famous have been announced for Belgium's Rock Werchter, happening from Thursday 3rd to Sunday 6th July 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Looking at going to this for the first time this year.

Any tips from people who have gone in previous years?

Is Ryanair to Charleroi the best bet for flying?

I got my flights to Charleoi, so its grand, out the Wednesday morning, back the Monday evening. You could fly to Eindhoven as well, or anywhere in that region, the cities aren't far apart. Aer Lingus also go to Brussels main airport, all depends on your budget really!

Eindhoven's a bit of a pain to get to Leuven (where you get the shuttle busses to the festival)

Charleroi and Zaventem are the 2 airports, Ryanair fly to Charleroi and AerLingus fly to Zaventem.

Ya just swap trains in Brussels. Maybe it was Maastricht I was thinking of. Don't Ryanair fly there now?

Damon Albarn headlining Klub C tent on the Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Eindhoven's a bit of a pain to get to Leuven (where you get the shuttle busses to the festival)

Charleroi and Zaventem are the 2 airports, Ryanair fly to Charleroi and AerLingus fly to Zaventem.
    There's a bus that goes straight from Eindhoven airport to Leuven. It drops you about a 25 minute walk from the train station where you get the shuttle bus to the festival

http://en.airportbus.eu/

I got it back in 2012 without a problem.

Dublin to Brussels with Aer Lingus for me. It's cheap enough if booked early

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Today another 6 names join the Rock Werchter bill. Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shift-ers and Valerie June will perform at Werchter on Thursday 3 July. The 1975 join the acts for Friday 4 July. New for Saturday 5 July are Kodaline and Haim. And Foals come to Werchter on 6 July. More on the way soon. Stay tuned!

Looking forward to going to this . Shaping up to be a great festival.

Some nice additions today, namely Robert Plant and kinda Foals, both of whom I'll definitely see. The 1975 I must have more of a listen to, I heard one song and it was boring, but that was only once or twice. Rest I'm not gone on/don't know, but might see Haim if I'm struggling for something to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Any thoughts on these kinds of ticket/hotel/shuttle packages: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical-info/tickets/the-official-rock-werchter-hotel-packages

Looks like an awesome line-up, am not a fan of camping and don't particularly mind spending a bit more as long as I'm not getting completely gouged on price - do you think the organizers add a massive margin on these kinds of packages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Dublin to Brussels with Aer Lingus is the best root, if it seems a little more expensive now, you'll save on travel from the other side, Train station under Brussels will bring you straight to Leuven covered by your ticket.

ionapaul wrote: »
    Any thoughts on these kinds of ticket/hotel/shuttle packages: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical-info/tickets/the-official-rock-werchter-hotel-packages

Looks like an awesome line-up, am not a fan of camping and don't particularly mind spending a bit more as long as I'm not getting completely gouged on price - do you think the organizers add a massive margin on these kinds of packages?
    There is a massive margin on that, but it's still much cheaper than what you'd expect to pay for similar at a UK or Irish festival. A package like this also saves the hassle of trying to organise transfers yourself in a foreign country.

I was thinking of going for a package, but think I might just end up staying in the Park Inn which is practically right beside the train station where the shuttle buses are.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

AdMMM wrote: »
    There is a massive margin on that, but it's still much cheaper than what you'd expect to pay for similar at a UK or Irish festival. A package like this also saves the hassle of trying to organise transfers yourself in a foreign country.

I was thinking of going for a package, but think I might just end up staying in the Park Inn which is practically right beside the train station where the shuttle buses are.

does any one know how hard it is to get from brussels to the concert and back every day? Also not a fan of camping

Dublin to Brussels with Aer Lingus is the best root, if it seems a little more expensive now, you'll save on travel from the other side, Train station under Brussels will bring you straight to Leuven covered by your ticket.

Bar the fact the trains are free so wont cost ya anything more.

The package seems pricey, but all hotels will be expensive. It works out at 360 for hotel, transfers and breakfasts, so 72 a night...thats good.

It should just be a quick train journey from Brussels. You can get on any train that will be stopping at Leuven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

You're making up my mind for me! The wife's even on board, which I can't believe... The only hotel packages left are the most expensive one, but as it is in a much nicer hotel I don't mind paying an extra €100 for the four days. Flights for €150 with Aer Lingus.

ionapaul wrote: »

That's not too far off what I'm paying for the festival and Ibis in Leuven. Good value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Big announcement today; Midlake, London Grammar, Bastille, Wombats, Miles Kane and BIFFY CLYRO all gonna be there. Time to book I'd say! http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/news/detail/bastille-biffy-clyro-miles-kane-the-wombats-midlake-and-london-grammar-also-at-rock-werchter-2014

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Only half the line up announced and the amount of great names ,would happily see 95 percent of bands .

• Advertisement

'Mon the Biff! Delighted with them.

Advertisement