Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Biffy were excellent last year. Great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Foster The People, Trixie Whitley, George Ezra, The Strypes, Angus and Julia Stone and Interpol announced

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Happy with Foster the People and George Ezra there!

I think its sold out now too, oesn't appear to be any tickets on sale.

Only Friday and Sunday left. Have the 4 day tickets have sold out faster than any year before?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

This is the fastest i can remember since i went first about 7 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Wow, feel very lucky to have gotten in on the official hotel packages via a waiting list! Can't believe everything is sold out so early...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Gesaffelstein, The Subs, SBTRKT, Trentemøller, Moderat, Rudimental, Chase and Status!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Trentmoller would be a must see.

D.Q wrote: »

Going to see him this sunday night -

D.Q wrote: »

I think hes gonna play late on, so thatll likely mean clashing with Pearl Jam/Black Keys/Pixies so thatll be me out. Will prob see C+S as they closing it out totally although not pushed by them. Trent is one I probably would have seen though, annoying!

• Advertisement

Seen Chase & Status a few years ago. Good show

More additions today. From their site
    That's right, we are announcing some new names for Rock Werchter once again. Warpaint, White Lies and Milow have been added to the Thursday programme. Parov Stelar Band and Rodrigo y Gabriela have confirmed attendance on Friday. Melanie De Biasio is new for Saturday. Reignwolf has been added to the Sunday programme. Stay tuned for more!

I have a dreaded fear that there will be many clashes for me

Eels added for the Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Have me name on the waiting list for tickets fingers crossed, fantastic line up

• Registered Users Posts: 19 OmarMcNulty

Im on the waiting list for a combi ticket myself. I got on the list within an hour of it going live.They say that people on the waiting list will get tickets from unpaid reservations but they wont say when the deadline for paying for the reservations is. I assume once this deadline passes there will be a lot of tickets going to people on the waiting lists.

Anyone ever gotten a ticket from the waiting list before? Do RW usually issue more tickets if it sells out this early?

Deadly lineup. Hope i'm lucky.

So is there many from Boards heading over? Was really hoping Deftones were gonna get added to Line up or Frank Turner but still looking forward to it. As long as Pearl Jam and Pixies dont clash

So is there many from Boards heading over? Was really hoping Deftones were gonna get added to Line up or Frank Turner but still looking forward to it. As long as Pearl Jam and Pixies dont clash

I am. Cannot wait for it. Think organisers are trying to work out avoiding big clashes, so this one seems likely. Least im seeing pixies over here.

Hoping trentmoeller doesnt clash with them.

Mushy wrote: »
    I am. Cannot wait for it. Think organisers are trying to work out avoiding big clashes, so this one seems likely. Least im seeing pixies over here.

Seen Pixies and Trentmoeller in Luxembourg in the last few months and both were class but really wanna see Trentmoeller again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My wife and I are going, we got one of the official hotel packages so will be staying in one of the airport hotels outside Brussels I think. Can't wait, will be our main summer holiday!

ionapaul wrote: »
    My wife and I are going, we got one of the official hotel packages so will be staying in one of the airport hotels outside Brussels I think. Can't wait, will be our main summer holiday!

Same for myself and the OH regarding it being main summer holiday. Camping for us though. It will be grand bar the morning wake up when gasping for air. Think there is 27 bands I want to see!

• Advertisement

As long as Pearl Jam and Pixies dont clash

I would be very displeased if that happened. I'd say both will be main stage anyway but if they did clash I'd go with Pearl Jam. I'm seeing the Pixies in Cork too.

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/line-up/overview

Timetable up.

Lots of running for me, but get to see most of black keys and trentmoeller before a whopper Pearl Jam set is amazing!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Timetable up.

Lots of running for me, but get to see most of black keys and trentmoeller before a whopper Pearl Jam set is amazing!

Jaysus 3 hours of Pearl Jam = Very Jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wow three hours at a festival is unreal.

Feck me - Pearl Jam and Pixies clashing.

But at least 3 hrs for Pearl Jam

They did say full show when announced them, so I expected it!

Sunday middle of day is so weak, wish some of the world cup matches were on then. They showing those matches in 'the hive' section.

48 days now!

I notice that the stage times are out. Pearl Jam are clashing with the Pixies which is a shame but I'll be seeing the Pixies a few days before in Cork anyway so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Napoleon in rags

Im goin to the saturday of Rock werchter but staying in Brussells. Anybody know of logistics without leaving Pearl Jam early because Id rather walk to brussels than miss that.

Im goin to the saturday of Rock werchter but staying in Brussells. Anybody know of logistics without leaving Pearl Jam early because Id rather walk to brussels than miss that.

Youll get a shuttle bus to Leuven alright. Dont know if trains will still be running, but maybe a taxi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Napoleon in rags

Thanks Mushy, Its looking like the best option.

Advertisement