Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 OmarMcNulty

Woohoo! Tickets came through from the waiting list. Cant wait for Metallica

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thanks Mushy, Its looking like the best option.

No worries, enjoy it. Absolutely buzzing for this fest!
    Woohoo! Tickets came through from the waiting list. Cant wait for Metallica

When did you sign up for the waiting list? A nice lasy minute thing really to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 OmarMcNulty

Mushy wrote: »
    When did you sign up for the waiting list? A nice lasy minute thing really to look forward to.

Went to book combi tickets in Feb only to find out they had all been sold out half an hour previously. Once the waiting list went live I'd say I was on it within an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭rob w

Does anyone who has been to RW before know what the deal is with campsite facilities......Do all campsites have the same, showers etc..??

I have had a look at the practical info on the website but its a bit vague about facilities bar "The Hive" campsite?

Really looking forward to it now though! Cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Only two days (plus the rest of today) of work left to go - getting really excited!

What act is everyone most excited about?

Can't wait for Pearl Jam, The Black Keys, Foals and the Arctic Monkeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Seen the foals on Sat night in Luxembourg and thought they were awful and i am a fan.

Mostly looking forward to Pearl Jam - just raging clashing with the Pixies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mostly looking forward to Pearl Jam - just raging clashing with the Pixies

It's a crying shame they're not playing the same night as kings of Leon or arctic monkeys. Seen them last night anyhow

ionapaul wrote: »
    Only two days (plus the rest of today) of work left to go - getting really excited!

What act is everyone most excited about?

Can't wait for Pearl Jam, The Black Keys, Foals and the Arctic Monkeys.

Leaving Cork at 1am tonight, let the good times roll.

Can't wait for Pearl Jam and Biffy Clyro, even though I saw the latter on Friday.

Well, that was a pretty awesome weekend! Not sure how I did four full days as I'm the wrong side of 35, but having access to the RW Terrace beside the Main Stage was a lifesaver in that regard.

Pearl Jam were amazing, as was Robert Plant, The Strypes, Eels, Haim and Rodrigo Y Gabriella.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Don't know how people survived camping, stayed in a hotel and even at that was wrecekd after the weekend of it.

• Advertisement

redved wrote: »
    Don't know how people survived camping, stayed in a hotel and even at that was wrecekd after the weekend of it.
    Did you go with one of the official RW hotel packages? We did, will do the same if we return, definitely got more than we paid for in terms of relative comfort and experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

nope missed out on the official package. Pity as they looked ideal. Stayed in mechelen which is about 20k away.

I stayed in a hotel myself in Leuven and I'm still shattered. I can't imagine what camping would have done to me. Great weekend though even if it did rain for some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭rob w

Camping was tough going, (dont know how I ever talked the missus into it).....pretty wrecked after it, but still a brilliant weekend! Some excellent bands on show, Pearl Jam topped it for me though. I would have watched their set 4 nights in a row!

Cracking weekend. Survived the camping fairly well, got like 6-7 hours each night so handy enough. And that was beside a comfort zone in the hive.

Thursday was too hot. Saw all the bands I wanted too, but needed a hell of a lot of shade, which only came at about 7-8pm. Damon Albarn and Robert Plant were brilliant.

Friday, much the same weather-wise until the evening. The strypes were excellent, Rodrigo y Gabriella too. Paulo Nutini and Arctic Monkeys were weak, not enough presence for that size crowd/stage. Was quite drunk so left early, missed Eels though. Foster the People also sounded poor.

Saturday, thank christ for some cloud cover. Saw Haim first up, thoroughly enjoyable stuff, want to see them again. Biffy were Biffy, great but no surprises. Black Keys were good although the rain but severe dampner on it. Skipped Imagine Dragons for the football, saw some Trentemoeller to be in a tent for a bit. Pearl Jam were just incredible, what a set.

Sunday, grand mix for weather bar that torrential shower. Lucky enough to squeeze into the Coke bus though so pretty much avoided the worst of it. Saw very few bands that day, Reignwolf were good, Royal Blood too. Left during Bastille time (didn't watch them though of course), had some drinks in the stalls roadside and in the hive.

Grand craic, camping beside sound people, hopefully get to return soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Loved it as always - just wish they would put screens outside the tents like at Pukklepop and speakers outside as missed the Eels as was too crowded.

Pearl Jam highlight of wend and was great that dutch game was same time as could just walk to the front. Eddie seemed hammered most of the time talking but no problem with his singing voice. Camping was grand for me but vals helped that. Still have few scars under my eye from 2nd degree burns from wed/thur/fri . Roll on Rock En Seine

just wish they would put screens outside the tents like at Pukklepop and speakers outside as missed the Eels as was too crowded.

We were commenting on that too. When it was just the main stage and pyramid tent there was a screen outside that tent. It wasn't perfect but it was so much better than no screen at all.

Advertisement