Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers, swings etc!! Babybjorn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I have a fisher price rocker. 125547_L.jpg

This one. It is bulky, but sturdy. There are a few types out there, just shop around and see what you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We're going for this one - pricey but it will last until they are 18kgs and if my other kids are to go by we'll get a loooong time out of it!

http://www.toys.ie/Tiny-Love-3-in-1-Rocker-Napper-!126049-prd.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I have a fisher price rocker. 125547_L.jpg

This one. It is bulky, but sturdy. There are a few types out there, just shop around and see what you like.

Is this the boy version of it?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Infant-to-Toddler-Rocker-and-Seat/dp/B00AXX7476/ref=sr_1_46?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1386078320&sr=1-46&keywords=Fisher+price"]

I am totally clueless at this stuff it is my first child!

January wrote: »
    We're going for this one - pricey but it will last until they are 18kgs and if my other kids are to go by we'll get a loooong time out of it!

Which one January? The fisher price rocker?

Millem wrote: »
    Which one January? The fisher price rocker?

No, sorry, I forgot to put a link but have fixed it now.

I swear I am going batty :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Yeah, there is one of each. They are easily assembled too. It just takes about 10-15min. Good and sturdy. but I would love if it fold.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Yeah, there is one of each. They are easily assembled too. It just takes about 10-15min. Good and sturdy. but I would love if it fold.

This May sound like a stupid question but after 6 months does it still bounce? Or do you just have it with stand thing as a chair?

January wrote: »
    No, sorry, I forgot to put a link but have fixed it now.

I swear I am going batty :\

That one looks good! I didn't realise it went up to 18kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭SeventySix

We have a BabyBorjn, its one with a netting type seat. Our baby loved it and she was in it up to about 13 months. It was handy for giving her bottle as it kept her contained.

It was easy to clean - the whole fabric part goes in the washing machine. Its perfect now for the next one.

SeventySix wrote: »
    We have a BabyBorjn, its one with a netting type seat. Our baby loved it and she was in it up to about 13 months. It was handy for giving her bottle as it kept her contained.

It was easy to clean - the whole fabric part goes in the washing machine. Its perfect now for the next one.

I think the one amazon has for €70 is mesh it's silver and black? Is it sturdy? Is the toy bar a must?

• Advertisement

That one looks good! I didn't realise it went up to 18kg.

It's a bit cheaper on amazon.co.uk too - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiny-Love-Rocker-Napper-Red/dp/B008VU3A1C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386080039&sr=8-1&keywords=tiny+love+3+in+1+rocker+napper

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭SeventySix

I think the one amazon has for €70 is mesh it's silver and black? Is it sturdy? Is the toy bar a must?

We never had any issues with sturdyness but we dont have a dog or anything. It never came close to toppling over, even when she got bigger and used to stand on the seat and bounce it that way. We went with the mesh as our baby was born in July and we thought it would be cooler, dunno does it make much difference though. I woudlnt say for us the toy bar was a must, for the cost of it, she didnt play with it much and never noticed when we took it off.

SeventySix wrote: »
    We never had any issues with sturdyness but we dont have a dog or anything. It never came close to toppling over, even when she got bigger and used to stand on the seat and bounce it that way. We went with the mesh as our baby was born in July and we thought it would be cooler, dunno does it make much difference though. I woudlnt say for us the toy bar was a must, for the cost of it, she didnt play with it much and never noticed when we took it off.

One of my dogs is blind! Blind as a bat! And I think a swing might scare her. Obviously they will be in their beds when babs is in bouncer but you know yourself!! €70 is a bargain for it? I watched some YouTube videos on it any some baby's were bouncing themselves like mad! It was a bit scary!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We have the baby bjorn and both mine hated/hate it. On my son I then bought a 2nd hand fisher price one and for my daughter I got a loan of a fisher price one and bought a secondhand swing chair.

We got it as a present but it was a total waste of money considering that we bought two other ones since and it's usually folded up.

I know other peoples babies loved it but not mine!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Both look good.
    We bought a fisher price one with vibrations for the last baby but it was a waste of money as he was 2 big for it by 3 months old. he was huge at 3 months though.
    We bought a fairly basic one in Smyths when #1 was born it has a toy bar and it has an alien face behind the head and think it was 40 euro,it was the best buy ever and goes completely flat and it is huge so they did not have to come out of it until they started climbing out. 5 years on and it is still useable despite older kids climbing in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 redbutler1

We have the babybjorn and the baby loves it. She's been bouncing by herself since we first put her into it.It's very sturdy. We have the toy bar too, but it isn't necessary. The fabric comes off and washes easily. It's easy to put into the three different positions as well.

redbutler1 wrote: »
    We have the babybjorn and the baby loves it. She's been bouncing by herself since we first put her into it.It's very sturdy. We have the toy bar too, but it isn't necessary. The fabric comes off and washes easily. It's easy to put into the three different positions as well.

I love that about the fabric! What age did you first use it from? I think €70 is the best price I am going to get?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Both look good.
    We bought a fisher price one with vibrations for the last baby but it was a waste of money as he was 2 big for it by 3 months old. he was huge at 3 months though.
    We bought a fairly basic one in Smyths when #1 was born it has a toy bar and it has an alien face behind the head and think it was 40 euro,it was the best buy ever and goes completely flat and it is huge so they did not have to come out of it until they started climbing out. 5 years on and it is still useable despite older kids climbing in to it.

My niece is very big for her age and was 9kg by 3-4months!!! (She was 11lbs when she was born) So she had to get a new chair! She ended up getting the fisher price 3 in 1 swing thing! I don't think my baby will be as big as her!! They reckon around 8lbs but will know more next Monday at scan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 redbutler1

I love that about the fabric! What age did you first use it from? I think €70 is the best price I am going to get?

We used it from about 1 week! I spent ages looking for a good price and got it for 90 inc delivery, which was the best I could find at the time, but that company don't ship to Ireland any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I have the Babybjorn and couldn't recommend it enough. Love it. We used it from week one I think, and on my first she was still sitting in it when she was 2 to watch tv but we'd to take it away to prepare her for the new baby!

The baby is 6 months now and its a lifesaver. He lives if we put him in front of the couch, facing the couch, and he pushes his legs off the couch and bounces for ages!

• Advertisement

Actually do you have the Amazon link? If it's only 70 I might get it for a friend that's due soon.... Think it was around 120 when we got it!

sillysocks wrote: »
    Actually do you have the Amazon link? If it's only 70 I might get it for a friend that's due soon.... Think it was around 120 when we got it!

Amazon are doing their thank you family event again. So if you sign up for amazon family (I am on a 3 month free trial) you get 20% off selected items one of which is the babybjorn bouncer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_link_178653847_1?ie=UTF8&node=3955306031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=1MHVY33X6A76XTFGDZTC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=450888047&pf_rd_i=3949973031"]

Just saw it has gone up since this morning!! Now coming in at €82!! Prices on amazon are changing daily but still very good price. See what it is tomorrow as the frog fisher price bouncer was £20 more expensive yesterday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

We got this for a LO

Fisher-Price Rainforest Deluxe Baby Bouncer
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3768150/Trail/searchtext%3EBABY+BOUNCERS.htm
    Found it very good, LO loved it, the toy bar is detachable so you can you juts a seat or bouncer, you can put the seat on to vibrate as well.
    The toy bar is also good, you can put it on all the time or set it up so that the music and figures only move when your child moves the hanging toys.

If you put Rainforest Deluxe Baby Bouncer into google you can see a review

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Friends had that one for their 4 kids and loved it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9021073/Trail/searchtext%3EBOUNCERS.htm is the one that I bought last time but it is tiny. It is gorgeous though.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Friends had that one for their 4 kids and loved it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9021073/Trail/searchtext%3EBOUNCERS.htm is the one that I bought last time but it is tiny. It is gorgeous though.

What age is 9kg? 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Depends on the baby, normally around 9 months. My LO wasn't 9KG until about 13 months.
    I had that bouncer for my daughter and she loved it. It is small but light so if she fell asleep I was able to carry it from room to room as I done things/ had a shower etc. I had to stop using it around 4 or 5 months as she was able to sit up unaided and was pulling herself forward a bit too much for my liking.
    It has a vibration also which was great for a really bad teething day.
    Its still in perfect condition so will be used for no 2 next march.

Sorry for hijacking but I'm only seeing the Babybjorn for 84 sterling on that link so that's about 105 eur. I signed up to Amazon family but is there something I need to do to get the extra 20% off or was the price just £84 rather than €84? thanks!

Normally around 10/11 months but many 1 year olds would still only be around the 20lbs and of course large babies will be heavier earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

One of my family members brought the Babybjorn from Adverts.ie.
    They found there baby loved it, it could be washed and it did not take up to much space.
    In fact they bought a few things from adverts.ie.
    If you get a small hand held steamer it does a good job on buggies, seats ect.
    I would not buy a 2nd hand car seat for safety reasons.

• Advertisement

sillysocks wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking but I'm only seeing the Babybjorn for 84 sterling on that link so that's about 105 eur. I signed up to Amazon family but is there something I need to do to get the extra 20% off or was the price just £84 rather than €84? thanks!

Yes you need to type In promotional code at checkout to get the 20%.
    AMZTYE2O
    It comes to £69

Advertisement