Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Price Increase

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

It's in their T&Cs that they can increase prices by as much as 10% in a 12 month period. I see nothing unfair or onerous so it doesn't fall down under unfair terms (IMO). Under what theory are you suggesting it is illegal out of interest? I'm not trying to be confrontational - perfectly reasonable for you to ask the question - I just wondered if you had some idea for me to chase down.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

My only suggestion would be that Sky tie people in for 12 months to cover the cost of the box etc. after that it's rare enough to be in another 12 month contract (usually new equipment). With UPC they maintain ownership of the equipment so I suppose this could be a reason why.

As I say I can't, off the top of my head, think of any legal reason just differing company policies. I stand to be corrected however.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement