Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running streak

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Name|Distance (km)|Date streak started|Date streak ended
    Tunney|21.22|1st|
    AKW|12|1st|
    ray o|11.8|1st|
    GoHard|0|1st|
    shotgunmcos|16|1st|
    fermanagh_man|7.5|1st|
    mo_runner|13|1st|
    keelang|0|1st|
    Trig1|0|1st|
    zico10 |47.23|1st|
    68LostSouls |0|1st|
    Jackyback|10.20|1st|
    Enduro|75.0|1st|
    BM|26.0|1st|
    Pointer28|16.6|2nd|

Running concurrently to the December streak. Can join this if your streak started in August 2010 or if you don't plan on starting until next week.

30 minutes a day running.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

This being the Tri forum, would a training streak not make more sense. At least 30minutes per day, at least one leg of a sprint tri covered distance wise per day. Leave running streaks to the jogging forum. (my max streak in the next month will likely be 3 days so this aint so I can take part)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

On second thoughts, the guys below me are right, keep it simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Lads are you trying to make Tunney explode?
    He proposed something nice and simple - run at least 30 minutes every day in December - and within 2 days it's "do I have to start on this day?", "do I have to run?"
    Next it'll be people looking for partial credit because they ran for the bus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

sweet overcooked banana cakes...

If you don't want to do it, just don't do it.

A running streak thread in December is a brilliant idea. Well done OP.
    It has me thinking will I get a wee run in after night classes this evening, a thought that wouldn't have occurred without the impetus of the other thread.

edit : Ray beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

BTH wrote: »
    This being the Tri forum, would a training streak not make more sense. At least 30minutes per day, at least one leg of a sprint tri covered distance wise per day. Leave running streaks to the jogging forum. (my max streak in the next month will likely be 3 days so this aint so I can take part)
    I think a core work streak would be something i consider doing without affecting swim bike run trainingI propose a cetain no of situps , timed plank and leg raises daily. Thoughts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Name|Distance (km)|Date streak started|Date streak ended
    Tunney|21.22|1st|
    AKW|12|1st|
    ray o|11.8|1st|
    GoHard|0|1st|
    shotgunmcos|16|1st|
    fermanagh_man|7.5|1st|
    mo_runner|13|1st|
    keelang|0|1st|
    Trig1|0|1st|
    zico10 |47.23|1st|
    68LostSouls |14|1st|
    Jackyback|10.20|1st|
    Enduro|75.0|1st|
    BM|26.0|1st|
    Pointer28|16.6|2nd|

This training lark is working hit a PB tonight for 5km 27:48. 20 seconds off my previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

BTH wrote: »

Could put a "streak" column in the SBR Challenge? Like consecutive sessions until a day off. So 4 double days followed by a rest day would be a streak of 8...

Then not only does it encourage junk kms but avoiding rest days too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Could put a "streak" column in the SBR Challenge? Like consecutive sessions until a day off. So 4 double days followed by a rest day would be a streak of 8...

Then not only does it encourage junk kms but avoiding rest days too :pac:

Jesus no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

tunney wrote: »
    30 minutes a day running.
    This training lark is working hit a PB tonight for 5km 27:48. 20 seconds off my previous.

So you're out then?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Shedite27 wrote: »
    So you're out then?
    :D

that made me smile ;-) well played sir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭delboyfagan

For an internet idiot, how do u add to the box/table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

For an internet idiot, how do u add to the box/table

Quote the most recent table and remove the quote parts in brackets at the start and end of your post. Make sure the 'TABLE' bits in brackets are still there though.

Advertisement