Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Webmail Problems

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

My Mother is using an eircom.net email address that I set up for her about 10 years ago.

She uses the Apple Mail program to view her emails and has done so for 6 or more years.

In the last week there seem to be a lot of issues with emails not coming through to her and also her password being rejected.

When she goes to use the browser version of Eircom Webmail it seems to connect her to the Basic interface regardless of whether she ticks that option or not.

Anyone else with this problem?

Cheers!

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

G200 wrote: »
    My Mother is using an eircom.net email address that I set up for her about 10 years ago.

She uses the Apple Mail program to view her emails and has done so for 6 or more years.

In the last week there seem to be a lot of issues with emails not coming through to her and also her password being rejected.

When she goes to use the browser version of Eircom Webmail it seems to connect her to the Basic interface regardless of whether she ticks that option or not.

Cheers!

G
    Hi I have the same issue with the incorrect password prompt.  See here as others are reporting the same problem http://community.eircom.net/t5/E-mail-Online-Services/bd-p/36

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Cheers!

G

Hi G200,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having however I am not aware of a resolution from my channel here. We've no known reports logged for issues with the mailing service.

You can contact our support team on 1890 260 260 (option 0) or email webmaster@eircom.ie They'll be able to investigate the issue and hopefully resolve it for you.

Thanks

Tracey

jspuds wrote: »

Cheers!

G
    Hi I have the same issue with the incorrect password prompt.  See here as others are reporting the same problem http://community.eircom.net/t5/E-mail-Online-Services/bd-p/36

Hi jspuds,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with our service.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be aware of a resolution from my channel here however if you contact the support team on 1890 260 260 (option 0) or email webmaster@eircom.ie They'll be able to help you with this.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Citizensmith

Hi There
    Apologies if this isn't the right forum/post for this but I thought it could be related:

I run a small business supporting customers with PC problems
    Over the past 3 weeks, I've had 3 separate customers reporting problems with both indigo.ie and gofree.indigo.ie mail accounts.

Same issue on all of them: intermittently (but frequently) their Outlook can't log into server. After a few attempts it then connects.
    This started about 2 weeks ago and has been happening on and off since up to 10 times a day with it then working fine for a while before happening again. Webmail login works fine so it's not the login credentials

Eircom report "no problems" however, the line in "Goldfinger" comes to mind:
    'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action'
    Regards
    Citizen Smith

Hi There
    Apologies if this isn't the right forum/post for this but I thought it could be related:

I run a small business supporting customers with PC problems
    Over the past 3 weeks, I've had 3 separate customers reporting problems with both indigo.ie and gofree.indigo.ie mail accounts.

Same issue on all of them: intermittently (but frequently) their Outlook can't log into server. After a few attempts it then connects.
    This started about 2 weeks ago and has been happening on and off since up to 10 times a day with it then working fine for a while before happening again. Webmail login works fine so it's not the login credentials

Eircom report "no problems" however, the line in "Goldfinger" comes to mind:
    'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action'
    Regards
    Citizen Smith

Hi Citizensmith,

I'm afraid I wouldn't be aware of the issue from my channel here.

The best channel to contact is the support team on 1890 260 260 (option 0) They'll be able to help you with this.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Eircom is shocking to be honest , id get away from their email full stop

Crap tech support

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rtfm

Cheers!

G
    Looks like a lot of people have the same problem

The front end authentication is working fine i.e. if you enter via  https://secure.eircom.net/email/ and input the correct user/pass you get load balanced to the backend. If you input an incorrect user/pass here you get bounced - hence auth works OK.

Once at the backend you may hit a non performing server i.e. https://vzmbx26.eircom.net/zimbra/mail works intermittantly, your email client interprets backend lack of response as badpass as it never sees beyond the auth issue.

This looks like a performance problem or a bad load balancer set up i.e. least loaded not working or just glitching at the server end.

On the plus side, its gratifying to see a vast improvement in the look and feel when using the web client and open source also - it will settle down soon I'm sure but its definitly a bit flaky right now.

Advertisement