Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to BOI

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys. 

I've been a BOI customer 3 years ago when I moved to Ireland. Then I switched to Ulster (mainly because they were open on Saturday, had the iPhone App, and no costs involved). Then Ulster had the terrible IT incident, and I moved quickly to Permanent TSB.

I've my current account and Credit Card with them, but it's really a basic bank... I've seen Money Manager from BOI, Contactless payments, etc, so I want to try it again :) 

My question is, if I call into the branch, will I be able to open Current Account and apply for a Credit Card at the same time, with no recent history with the bank of Ireland? I don't wanna transfer my existing CC balance until I'm sure to keep the account.

Ideally I'd lodge half or full salary into BOI, move some money into PTSB to keep the account and credit card active until I decide to keep only one account.

Any help here is appreciated!

Thanks,

Dario

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Dario.

We are delighted to hear you are considering returning to Bank of Ireland.

There are many ways you can discuss this with us. You can simply fill in your details online here, you can call 0818 354 454 and a member of our Switching Team will assist you with the process or alternatively you may contact your local Bank of Ireland branch and a representative will be happy to help you. Contact details for all our branches can be found here.

It will not be necessary for you to have recent history with us, however we will require at least 6 months bank statements from your current bank to support your application.

You can find more information on switching your accounts to us here.

Hope this helps. If we can help with anything else, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement