Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84x service - 24th Dec

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Looks like the 84x will not be operating on Christmas eve so those of us that use it to get to/from work will have to find an alternative. Dublin bus website says sat only timetable on that day. Bit annoying to say the least!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cranipea

Not only the 24th. Also the 27th, 30th and 31st. All of which i have to work :( The 27th is a public holiday but the 30th & 31st are regular working days so seems ridiculous that Dublin Bus dont provide the regular service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Cranipea wrote: »
    Not only the 24th. Also the 27th, 30th and 31st. All of which i have to work :( The 27th is a public holiday but the 30th & 31st are regular working days so seems ridiculous that Dublin Bus dont provide the regular service.

the 27th is only a holiday if you work in a bank, for everyone else its a working day.

can you use the Dart?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cranipea

I work in a bank and dont have the 27th off. Only Irish banks have it off.

Dart is a 20 minute walk away each side. And i have a bus ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Get the regular 84 and change onto a 145 in Bray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

According to the Dublin Bus website, there will be a limited 84X service on Christmas Eve and on the 27th, 30th, 31st, 2nd and 3rd.
    A limited service will operate on 84x (not via Sea Road) with trips at 7:00 and 8:00 from Newcastle and 17:00 and 1800 Trinity College.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

While I see the dublin bus website says this service is running the real time app doesn't show it at all. Anyone know if the 7am bus left Newcastle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

Yep, got to Greystones around 7.20!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

ro23 wrote: »
    Yep, got to Greystones around 7.20!

Thanks a mill. Looks like the 8am service is delayed!

Advertisement