Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I Be Unbanned from AfterHours Please

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:57pm

I was banned from afterhours for posting videos instead of the proper section

it was a few months back

can I be return to A/F I promise to follow all the rules :)

I don't understand about the Prefix I add to added so I picked SOC thinking maybe that stands for society

thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The correct tag would have been rec, rather than soc.

However, if you're not disputing the ban, or looking for it to be reviewed by a cat mod or admin, then DRP isn't the place for this.

A request like this should just be PM'd to the AH mods first.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi tajd,

You were given both a warning and an infraction for repeatedly starting threads in After Hours which were better served elsewhere, and asked to have a bit more care. When you did it again one week later, you were given another infraction and told not to start any more threads in After Hours for the rest of 2013.

Four days later, you started a thread in After Hours and were banned for one month and reminded again that you were not to start any more threads for the remainder of the year.

One week after your ban was up, you started another thread, thus getting a permaban for repeatedly ignoring the moderator's instructions.

The moderator is willing to lift your permaban on the condition that you simply do not start any more threads in After Hours for the foreseeable future. You can post in and read other people's threads, but if you start a thread in After Hours again, the full permaban will be put back in place.

Maybe after about six months or so we can discuss relaxing this a bit, but for the meantime, if you agree that you won't start any more threads in After Hours, we'll agree to lift the ban. Deal?

Penn wrote: »
    Hi tajd,

You were given both a warning and an infraction for repeatedly starting threads in After Hours which were better served elsewhere, and asked to have a bit more care. When you did it again one week later, you were given another infraction and told not to start any more threads in After Hours for the rest of 2013.

Four days later, you started a thread in After Hours and were banned for one month and reminded again that you were not to start any more threads for the remainder of the year.

One week after your ban was up, you started another thread, thus getting a permaban for repeatedly ignoring the moderator's instructions.

The moderator is willing to lift your permaban on the condition that you simply do not start any more threads in After Hours for the foreseeable future. You can post in and read other people's threads, but if you start a thread in After Hours again, the full permaban will be put back in place.

Maybe after about six months or so we can discuss relaxing this a bit, but for the meantime, if you agree that you won't start any more threads in After Hours, we'll agree to lift the ban. Deal?

I promise I wont start any threads on after hours , deal (yes) thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I promise I wont start any threads on after hours , deal (yes) thank you

Okay. Your ban will be lifted in the next 24 hours.

This dispute can be marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement