Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to setup as Ltd company for invoicing

Options
  • 03-12-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Possibly not the correct place but I've accepted a 1 year contract. I've never worked on contract before and have to setup as Ltd company so I can invoce the company. Is there a lot involved to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

post moved to new thread in Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Have you considered umbrella services? They either take a percentage or flat fee and do most of the paperwork for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

If you are looking for a software for invoicing

http://www.invoice2go.com/

Very happy user

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Lots of threads on this topic, both here and on the taxation forum. Use the search function - keywords being "contractor, umbrella company" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Yea probably quickest to use an umbrella company probably cost about 100 per month. Just google umbrella company( icon accounting and fenero) You could setup your own ltd company but will probably cost you 200 to set up.

Don't forget you may need professional indemnity.

As for invoicing software waveapps is free for unlimited invoices, works for expenses as well though accounting is way too US for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Peppa

Hi there

You can invoice using word and without being a company (i.e. as a sole trader) unless they will only deal with you as a limited company in which case you still don't need any software for that small an operation. However in line with previous posters I think umbrella is definitely the way to go for you.

I am a qualified accountant (out of practice 2 years now) and I do all my husbands accounts for him. But you need to be up to speed with it. Opening a company costs and closing it costs!!!!

He used to use umbrella companies until he had to open his own company or couldn't get certain contracts and I was forced to become his accountant :-). I have one company that we would recommend above the others - no connection with them other than purely business. Pm me if you want me to find out the name for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 bigdone

Is it true that TD is talking to bring back Social Welfare Christmas bonus this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

bigdone wrote: »
    Is it true that TD is talking to bring back Social Welfare Christmas bonus this year?

Weird place to post that!! Doubt it would go down well with all the people who are paying their property tax! Can't see them doing it myself.

Advertisement