Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees - Closing my Account?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    there is no contact email anywhere on your BOI website. the only contact is a phone number which is no good to me.
    my fees are 43euro per 3 months aswell as additional interest of 13e per 3 months. this is onlya recent development as I always used to make the online payments to qualify for free banking.
    I have no intention of paying over 50euro in fees so i will close my account and move to permanent tsb if this is not resolved.
    my account is with nuigalway branch and i have been with BOI for over 15 years.
    Can you give me the email address for the NUIG branch manager as that is all I really want
    thank you,
    Sinead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

posiepop wrote: »
    Hello,
    there is no contact email anywhere on your BOI website. the only contact is a phone number which is no good to me.
    my fees are 43euro per 3 months aswell as additional interest of 13e per 3 months. this is onlya recent development as I always used to make the online payments to qualify for free banking.
    I have no intention of paying over 50euro in fees so i will close my account and move to permanent tsb if this is not resolved.
    my account is with nuigalway branch and i have been with BOI for over 15 years.
    Can you give me the email address for the NUIG branch manager as that is all I really want
    thank you,
    Sinead
    you can't close the account until you pay the amount owed by you in fee's and charges …. and you'll have some government levy probably included also. …..but move to another bank in protest….nothing wrong with that.

its more than likely you built up these charges by using your account - it has been well flagged that BOI were going to charge customers (I think last year - 2012) and €43 for 3 months is actually not that bad - I usually get charged around €35 by AIB …but I've decided to take out a lump sum every month and use case - so I keep my banking transactions to a minimum (saves me around €75 a year) ….. I apologise for this but why is a phone number no good to you !! surely talking to the person is better than an email account….or are all you kids these days not capable of talking over a phone or in person (call into the branch and speak with the manager). 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi posiepop.

Thanks for getting in touch.

On the 19th of August 2013 we introduced a new fee structure which replaced our previous fee options, therefore you may have noticed some changes to the fees charged this quarter.

For more information on our fee structure please see here.

If you wish to discuss the charges on your account, please contact your account holding branch and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately we do not have an email address for the branch however you can find all branch contact details here.

Hope this helps. If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement