Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Project CARS

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A.C. on the console is piss poor to be honest. The ffb and physics are excellent with a wheel but that's pretty much it.
    On pc, the modding community have transformed the game into what it is there. Kunos themselves have released tons of patches for it too due to the fact it's so easily done through Steam. We don't have those luxuries though unfortunately.
    I get that, the thing is it's doing what is was intended to do. I think there is a difference between simulating software and racing games. It's kind of like the difference between a tool and a toy. Assetto Corsa can be used as a professional tool to learn racing theory. If all you're worried about is recreating driving physics then AC is perfect.

It's partly what annoys me about some "racing games", there's all this additional unnecessary stuff I have to sit through like animated menus to get to what I really want, track time.

They're two different philosophies. But if AC is going to succeed on console (and even on PC these days) they need to put some more game into their simulating software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Doge wrote: »
    I'll tell you whats piss poor, project cars support for the Logitech G29 on console!

That ****ing centering spring which cant be disabled drives me mad, the game is virtually unplayable with it, the steering is far too stiff and keeps pullin to the centre.

When i see all you guys online i wish i had a thrustmaster wheel so i wouldnt have the issue.

And its a project cars issue too, dirt rally and assetto have perfect wheel support.

Im hoping when the next assetto update comes up for private matches ill be able to kick you guys off Pcars and onto assetto. :D

I can't wait for the patch to come out tbh. There are so many great cars there to have one make races. It's gonna be great.

I didn't know there was a centering problem with the G29 in PCars man, that sucks. Have you tried the settings in that link I posted from the official forums? A lot of guys were raving about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

I can't wait for the patch to come out tbh. There are so many great cars there to have one make races. It's gonna be great.

I didn't know there was a centering problem with the G29 in PCars man, that sucks. Have you tried the settings in that link I posted from the official forums? A lot of guys were raving about them.

Thurlesdrunk just sent them to me tonight on your behalf and man, the difference is like night and day!

Thanks to you both for regaining my interest in Pcars!

That night we played online i had only dialed in the ffb settings per car and didnt know about there was more settings for the main menu!

Its finally drivable now, youre a genius for figuring all of them out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cool beans, are you running the stick ffb settings? As I'm sure you've read on here they're a bit of a minefield to say the least.

Have a look here, people have posted their overall wheel settings for others to try. Most times the stock settings are fairly fine, the per car settings are pretty important though.
    A guy by name of Jack Spade came up with a formula for them, they really help.
    I use the classic set myself, they work. You input the settings in the tuning section.

http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

EDIT

Here's a thread from the official PCars forum, the first post has a set up that's supposed to be the Mutt's nuts for your wheel. Hopefully they'll light your fire.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35635-G29-Discussions-Plus-Support-and-Settings

So the oscarolim link,i follow that and used the tuning section to setup an Audi R8 LMS Ultra. Feels mich better and the wheel doesnt feel anywhere near as twitchy in a straight line.

Is that how its done? Manually put in the settings?

The home pages askes to export a csv file,not sure what that is. Sorry for such noobish questions:(

Also the stand came,and its awesome. Difference is night and day

EoinHef wrote: »
    So the oscarolim link,i follow that and used the tuning section to setup an Audi R8 LMS Ultra. Feels mich better and the wheel doesnt feel anywhere near as twitchy in a straight line.

Is that how its done? Manually put in the settings?

The home pages askes to export a csv file,not sure what that is. Sorry for such noobish questions:(

Also the stand came,and its awesome. Difference is night and day

That's how I do it on console anyway, I know it can be done differently on PC.

If you enter the settings whilst in the "My Garage" section and save the settings for every track, you'll only have to enter them once and they'll load up automatically for every track you go to.
    If you enter them whilst at a track, they'll only save for that particular track.

Please, don't even attempt to call them noobish questions man. Ask away, I'll help you any way I can.

Thurlesdrunk just sent them to me tonight on your behalf and man, the difference is like night and day!

Thanks to you both for regaining my interest in Pcars!

That night we played online i had only dialed in the ffb settings per car and didnt know about there was more settings for the main menu!

Its finally drivable now, youre a genius for figuring all of them out!

Nice one, I'm glad I could help man. Are you using those settings on a G29? And they work?That's mad.
    Thurles and myself came up with those settings on his T300!

Im just a bit overwhelmed trying to set everything up at the momemt. Finding where the settings are and stuff.

But man every car ive used those online settings for has felt so much better. I changed the overall settings on the FFB as per the guide also so im sure thats helping too. When it comes together its fantastic. Really worth the small bit of effort to change the settings.

Thanks for the advice so far,both links really are a great resource.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Im just a bit overwhelmed trying to set everything up at the momemt. Finding where the settings are and stuff.

But man every car ive used those online settings for has felt so much better. I changed the overall settings on the FFB as per the guide also so im sure thats helping too. When it comes together its fantastic. Really worth the small bit of effort to change the settings.

Thanks for the advice so far,both links really are a great resource.

You're welcome man, don't worry, PCars 2 is promising to be much easier to just set up and race with. SMS have learned from their mistakes the first time around.

Shoot me a FR on PSN when you get a chance, I'm not on as often as I'd like to be, but I'm working on it. My GT is TitzonToast.

You're welcome man, don't worry, PCars 2 is promising to be much easier to just set up and race with. SMS have learned from their mistakes the first time around.

Shoot me a FR on PSN when you get a chance, I'm not on as often as I'd like to be, but I'm working on it. My GT is TitzonToast.

Cool man,appreciate it.

Yeah ill fire off an invite,ive nothing on the PS4 regarding racing though:( Next time PC GOTY goes on sale for about €20 ill pick it up,ive a lot to learn but doing a few races with boardsies would be great

More pics from PCars 2.

• Advertisement

Nice one, I'm glad I could help man. Are you using those settings on a G29? And they work?That's mad.
    Thurles and myself came up with those settings on his T300!

Yeah, using them on the G29 and they feel fantastic!

There's probably some tweaks to make them better on the G29 but it feels great now so I'm sticking with it.

Anyone up for a few laps later on tonight?
    I'm probably putting the mockers on myself, but I'm hoping to get online.
    That's assuming that my spawn cooperate and go asleep.
    Little shîts seem to be able to sense my wheel powering up start running amuck!
    If I spot any of you online I'll fire off some party invites.

At a family outing tonight so won't be online but hopefully youll get some action in.

Project CARS 2 has "absolutely cracked" the handling according to “The Stig”

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Project-CARS-2-has-absolutely-cracked-the-handling-according-to-The-Stig

I see Ben Collins has gone from someone giving their "opinion" to a member of staff.

I'm not going to get excited, celebrity endorsements and hype just can't be trusted. I'm still highly suspicious at this stage, the bottom line is the hard core sims put a lot of processing power into the physics. When my PC was pushed hard by VR I was getting slow down in AC when I lost traction and the tyre model was pushed hard.

That says to me that proper physics is a heavy burden, and Pcars seems to be dedicating a lot of time and energy into graphics and atmosphere and we're only told the physics is going to be great but every time they make everything else in the game better they're taking processing power away from the physics engine.

I could be wrong but it seems like they're rolling out the standard hype train. If they had cracked the physics they'd be showing that off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Funny how they admit "shortcomings" in PCARS only now when the PCARS 2 hype train is just starting to roll :rolleyes:

While the rest of the sim community were slating PCARS physics we had Ian Bell spout on every sim forum on the web that they had the best physics and AI of all sims :o that didn't end well.

Now we have Ben Collins claiming similar about PCARS2 now that hes been paid .

Id like nothing more than PCARS2 to deliver, eye candy as good as what PCARS2 will have but with a top class physics engine would be every simracers dream.

Sadly I doubt it, they just seem to be spinning the same stories and claims as they did leading up to PCARS release.

Fingers crossed ill be proved wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Pad support hopefully improved, it was annoying spinning out at low speed because I put the analogue stick all the way to the left or right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

eyerer wrote: »
    Pad support hopefully improved, it was annoying spinning out at low speed because I put the analogue stick all the way to the left or right
    Or if you hit the accelerator, or brakes , or just held a pad the car had a tendency to spin!

• Advertisement

I've been run over by the hype train too many times in the past myself, I'm looking forward to PCars 2, but I'm still a little bit weary.

That said though, I'm confident that SMS will have learned from the many mistakes they made with the original PCars.

If any of you haven't read the AMA thread that Ian Bell did over on GTP, it's worth a look.
    He's promised to address any and all issues that were raised since year dot.

I know he's finally given me what I was after anyway, the ability to disable the racing line in custom online lobbies. I asked him personally on their forums and after much bruhah he agreed.
    Check out the pic.

One thing's for certain though, us console racers are going to be spoiled rotten by years end, I can't wait.

I know he's finally given me what I was after anyway, the ability to disable the racing line in custom online lobbies. I asked him personally on their forums and after much bruhah he agreed.
    Check out the pic.

One thing's for certain though, us console racers are going to be spoiled rotten by years end, I can't wait.

Isnt the ability to do that for PC only though?
    Saw people on facebook talking about it, that its yet to be confirmed for consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I've been run over by the hype train too many times in the past myself, I'm looking forward to PCars 2, but I'm still a little bit weary.

That said though, I'm confident that SMS will have learned from the many mistakes they made with the original PCars.

If any of you haven't read the AMA thread that Ian Bell did over on GTP, it's worth a look.
    He's promised to address any and all issues that were raised since year dot.

Check out the pic.

You mean an Ian Bell ask me anything but if I don't like what your asking ill block you from the forum.

The man dont know how to deal with people he threats everyone negative the same way as if they were all trolls and didn't pay for a product.

I enjoyed Pcars but the one thing that spoiled it for me was that man's attitude. I couldn't possibly say what I'd love to call him without getting a card so at that I'll just leave it ha.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how quickly the idea that sims are for PCs and console users wouldn't understand, flipped on it's head. It went from 0 to 3 or 4 sims fighting it out.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pretty crazy how quickly the idea that sims are for PCs and console users wouldn't understand, flipped on it's head. It went from 0 to 3 or 4 sims fighting it out.

But they aint all sims :):)

Isnt the ability to do that for PC only though?
    Saw people on facebook talking about it, that its yet to be confirmed for consoles.

He promised me it's coming for consoles too. I'll hound him forever if it doesn't.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    You mean an Ian Bell ask me anything but if I don't like what your asking ill block you from the forum.

The man dont know how to deal with people he threats everyone negative the same way as if they were all trolls and didn't pay for a product.

I enjoyed Pcars but the one thing that spoiled it for me was that man's attitude. I couldn't possibly say what I'd love to call him without getting a card so at that I'll just leave it ha.

This was an AMA on GTP, he didn't have the power to block anyone from there.

I know he's a bit of a headcase but I like the fact that he doesn't pull any punches, rightly or wrongly of course. I know he's gone over the top loads of times.

There was always a core of console racers like myself and others here who were crying out for a decent sim on console. Like you said, it's completely flipped now, about time too.

I'll get a pc myself someday, it's just on the long finger for now.

Tbh I was delighted when I heard Forza was coming to PC. I didn't want a subscription based sim on the PC so the options were more limited, before Assetto Corsa as well. The direction Dirt has taken has also been a very welcome turnaround.

Tbh I was delighted when I heard Forza was coming to PC. I didn't want a subscription based sim on the PC so the options were more limited, before Assetto Corsa as well. The direction Dirt has taken has also been a very welcome turnaround.

Is forza a sim? I never played it but I always thought it was a gran turismo kind of game

There were a lot of sims on the PC, the biggest problem was they were as old as the hills.

Dirt is becoming a big disappointment for me. I have to go back and try again but it didn't work to well in VR, I need to do some more setup but I didn't last more than a few minutes at it.

• Advertisement

There were a lot of sims on the PC, the biggest problem was they were as old as the hills. 
    Yeah I remember GTR (iirc) being about 5 years old and still being one of the main players, or iRacing monthly sub.
    Forza is like GT but I dunno afaik.. I thought the handling was supposed to be realistic (on pad btw) and there is some sort of career in it which is entertaining. I was recommended not to get assetto corsa unless I have a wheel, which I dont currently.

Dirt is becoming a big disappointment for me. I have to go back and try again but it didn't work to well in VR, I need to do some more setup but I didn't last more than a few minutes at it.

I find it very comfortable with the PSVR.
    That may be because the PS4 is rendering it at 60fps though and the headset is interpolating it at 120hz.

You could always try it with the Asynchronous Time Warp mode on the Rift to see if it improves the motion sickness.

Edit: just spotted there's Asynchronous Space Warp now which may even be better.

I find it very comfortable with the PSVR.
    That may be because the PS4 is rendering it at 60fps though and the headset is interpolating it at 120hz.
    It was one of the first things I tried and I've improved the experience a lot lately. So I should give it another go, and maybe stay away from the snow stages at the beginning. :D

Some videos of gameplay are out.

The live track is a great feature, they even say the track will be different each time you load it based on many different variables.

Developer video explaining features.

Rallycross

Initial impressions seem good, people are saying it's much improved on Pcars 1 but still not in RRR, AC, iRacing league. But there's room to improve yet.

I still refuse to get excited about it. :D

It's starting to look really promising at this stage. My two biggest complaints about Project Cars 1 appear to have been sorted out for the second installment.
    The guy from ISR disliked it for the same reasons, he seems convinced now though, I can't wait to get my hands on this game now.

https://youtu.be/tgi4aadWN6s

[YOUTUBEhttps://youtu.be/tgi4aadWN6s/YOUTUBE]

I hope this video shows up, apologies if not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Is PC the only sim with the Le Mans track in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

superg wrote: »
    Is PC the only sim with the Le Mans track in it?

According to their twitter the new GT Sport is hinting at it

It's starting to look really promising at this stage. My two biggest complaints about Project Cars 1 appear to have been sorted out for the second installment.
    The guy from ISR disliked it for the same reasons, he seems convinced now though, I can't wait to get my hands on this game now.

https://youtu.be/tgi4aadWN6s

I hope this video shows up, apologies if not!

Fixed that for you, looks really promising.

Most sims on PC have Lemans thanks to mods, the assetto corsa one ive been playing over the weekend is as good as any official tracks.

Inside simracing of late have been praising pretty much everything, lots of chatter within the sim community suggest they are being paid to do so.
    While i wouldnt be surprised if what he says is true pcars 2 will be a welcome surprise.

Dcully wrote: »
    Most sims on PC have Lemans thanks to mods, the assetto corsa one ive been playing over the weekend is as good as any official tracks.

Inside simracing of late have been praising pretty much everything, lots of chatter within the sim community suggest they are being paid to do so.
    While i wouldnt be surprised if what he says is true pcars 2 will be a welcome surprise.

Not so sure about that, they criticized the physics in Dirt 4 and seemed honest enough.

• Advertisement

True about dirt 4 but i wouldnt be surprised either.
    Very few simracing youtubers/reviewers i trust, Jimmy Boradbent and empty box are the exception.

I have had feedback from two friends who backed pcars2 early doors and have access to the latest build, one is raving about the physics the other says they have improved upon pcars [which lets be honest wouldnt be hard] but still fall behind AMS,AC,RF2 and R3E
    Time will tell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Back playing this after a long break and trying to continue the career mode, but the wet races are driving me crazy.

I'm doing the GT3 Euro championship and it seems every second race is wet. But what's even more annoying is that the AI cars don't seem to have to pit for wets, and continue on their merry way while I tippy toe around the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Anybody playing this online PS4 at the moment, only got it a couple of weeks ago but enjoying it and looking to start playing online. Be good to race with some boards lads and not the bumper car lads online. PM for PS4 ID.

Advertisement