Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Project CARS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Have you raced monza yet? I don't know what it is about monza but the track seems so much nicer then on any other game I've played it on. The banks on the track seem much higher then in the f1 games and I just went to watch a few videos to see I that's what they are like in real life and the are.

No only tried out my favourite Spa and the ever daunting Nordschleife before I began my karting career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Could someone try 5 laps in Watkins Glen with the Ford Focus and tell me what lap time you get? Still running on 90 AI, I can qualify first easily with the Formula A car, but with the Ford Focus, I'm literally at least 7-10 seconds a lap slower than everyone :eek:

When they come up behind me, it's like everyone is in a different class (but they are the same). I've watched their laps and their telemetry but if I try to carry close to the speed they do, I just understeer off wildly. Something seems wrong.

I've only got a pad so I'd be slower than a wheel anyway I'd presume and I don't know that track very well so I'm probably not much use to you! There is plenty of bugs though. I was leading a race and kept getting blue flagged. Only noticed after about 14 laps that the game had me down as being last and the laps weren't being counted up.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Absolutely love this game, thinking about shelling out €200+ for a Logitech G27 :eek:

It works great on controller but I want the proper experience

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking of getting this myself, wheres the cheapest to get for PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Was thinking of getting this myself, wheres the cheapest to get for PC?

31.99 at instant gaming, I've used them twice before, first time I had to send I'd for anti fraud but prices good
    http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/456-buy-key-steam-project-cars-digital-edition/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Dcully wrote: »

Thanks for sharing this, as soon as SMS actually let me calibrate my wheel I'm gonna try it out for sure!
    Where that guy has a picture of the T300, I've only got a blank screen unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Bought this last night , spent most of the night playing it it's absolutely brilliant.

Thinking of getting a full set up I've only ever played racing games on controller , where/how could I go about getting a good drive set up wheel , shifter , pedals and seat?

Any decent websites or companies that do them?

I know adverts and that for second hand but what about new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

cheers for that Cully, having trouble with the ffb at times not telling what the rear of the car is doing, will give these ago later.

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Bought this last night , spent most of the night playing it it's absolutely brilliant.

Thinking of getting a full set up I've only ever played racing games on controller , where/how could I go about getting a good drive set up wheel , shifter , pedals and seat?

Any decent websites or companies that do them?

I know adverts and that for second hand but what about new?

playseatstore.com will sell you a ready to race bundle with your wheel and seat of choice and a discount for buying the two together. I'm hovering on the buy button myself, credit card will take a bashing if I can't hold out:D

superg wrote: »
    playseatstore.com will sell you a ready to race bundle with your wheel and seat of choice and a discount for buying the two together. I'm hovering on the buy button myself, credit card will take a bashing if I can't hold out:D

Do it, do it.

Do it, do it.

Stop that, I'll be battered :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

cadete wrote: »
    Let me/us know how the t100 goes, really tempted to pick it up

Shh... I got mine here for the best price around...

http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90532643/thrustmaster-t100-force-feedback.asp

If you keep an eye on the price ,it fluctuates quite a bit . I payed €90.35 delivered.

Also keep checking here,once again the prices go up and down like pair of knickers ,

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/Playstation+3+Accessories/139149/T100+Force+Feedback+Racing+Wheel.article

The prices always seem to be far more expensive at the weekends.

I got the last one in stock last monday from CU .I had a feeling that the prices would rise as soon as demand increased as its the only real budget wheel with ffb for the PS4 .

Just keep an eye on those sites. I've looked at others ...but thse worked out the best overall .

I tip my hat to anyone who can manage quick times on this game using a controller. Thurlesdrunk sent me some settings last night that helped me out but I still found it very tricky if I'm honest.
    This damn patch can't come quick enough.

• Advertisement

I'm in November of the first season of career. Won the Kart One championship by a mile, and I'm racing in the Caterham Seven Classic invitation tournament. Same as above, anything in the road category, the AI absolutely ride me. I'm one of only four drivers not to score a point in 2 races. There's one or two corner in particular where I watched the AI, and if I use the same braking point, turn in point and try to accelerate at the same time they do, I'm no where close to being able to take the corner at that speed. They all out qualify me comfortably.

I either completely suck with road class cars, the AI use assists in road, or the AI is difficulty slide doesn't mean the same thing between categories. Not sure how I can win Formula A and Kart races on 90% and then got absolutely humped with any road class car.

Interesting read about a topic i was going to mention but decided against it such is the size of its minefield.
    This is why the likes of VVV on youtube and many more once useful and vibrant resources of sim news and info suddenly turnined into spamfests of PCARS.

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/the-community-assisted-review-of-project-cars/

Interesting read about a topic i was going to mention but decided against it such is the size of its minefield.
    This is why the likes of VVV on youtube and many more once useful and vibrant resources of sim news and info suddenly turnined into spamfests of PCARS.

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/the-community-assisted-review-of-project-cars/

Painful, painful reading but things are starting to make sense now.
    I can't believe they released such a buggy game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I tip my hat to anyone who can manage quick times on this game using a controller. Thurlesdrunk sent me some settings last night that helped me out but I still found it very tricky if I'm honest.
    This damn patch can't come quick enough.

Any chance you can post those settings so we can test and compare?

god's toy wrote: »
    Any chance you can post those settings so we can test and compare?

Steering deadzone = 10
    steering sensitivty = 0
    Throttle deadzone = 10
    Throttle sensitivity = 20
    Brake deadzone = 10
    Brake sensitivity = 20
    Speed sensitivity = 65
    Control filtering sensitivity = 50
    Force feedback = 100
    Advanced settings off

EDIT
    Copied and pasted from GT planet.

There is one other setting there that I had a read up on and it seems to help even more with making the cars less twitchy at high speed. Its the Controller filtering sensitivity setting. I set that to 50 and it smooths out the steering even more. I'm thinking it might help others with controllers to so give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That kinda explains things. Absolute madness.

Played a bit last night on a PS4, I don't think its for me sadly.

I can see lots of potential for the game. I've actually spent a heap of time on it yet because I've had a busy weekend. Its obvious though that the game needs a patch soon though .

I can see lots of potential for the game. I've actually spent a heap of time on it yet because I've had a busy weekend. Its obvious though that the game needs a patch soon though .

What's it like with the Thrustmaster man? I've heard they're working OK on the PS4.

What's it like with the Thrustmaster man? I've heard they're working OK on the PS4.

The T80 is ok ...I'm really waiting for the T100 to arrive and then I'le give it a blast.

I had the time to read this article earlier. From what I read , it seems to be nothing more than a personal opinion tinted with a bowl of sour grapes ,which I am sure there are many on the internet. Maybe he wasn't happy with the way the game was turning out and decided to bitch about it...I don't know , but it is clear that the author is very pissed with the developers .

I knew before the game came out that it was bound to have a lot of flaws as it was trying to be everything to everyone . i personally think that the main menu is a complete mess and very hard to navigate . Hopefully the patches will roll out fast and clean the game up soon.

I hold out great hope fo the game...but I always have been a glass half full guy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Cheers, just picked up a second hand / practically brand new g27,gonna give it a spin today. Anyone know where I can buy a playseat challenge at a decent price? Or is there any other reasonable alternative?

My plans have been halted , I wanted the G25 or G27 and there was a few of them going second hand but apparently the PS4 won't support them so it has to be thurstmaster , can't find any full set ups for that below €700...

Unless I buy the Logitech and get the PC version , I've a gaming laptop so should be able to handle it, would prefer console though..

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

My plans have been halted , I wanted the G25 or G27 and there was a few of them going second hand but apparently the PS4 won't support them so it has to be thurstmaster , can't find any full set ups for that below €700...

Unless I buy the Logitech and get the PC version , I've a gaming laptop so should be able to handle it, would prefer console though..

When you say "full setup" do you mean a Obutto rig or something. I run a T500rs which I bought on ebay for 300 euro (often seen them used for 250 on adverts.ie) and matched it to a used TH8RS shifter for around 80 euro on a GT Omega Wheelstand which has been very stable even with heavy FFB from the T500rs. Cost about 160 euro new with 2 shifter arms. Its sold out at the moment but send Leo an email in GT Omega and he's usually pretty quick in getting back with info.

http://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-steering-wheel-stand

Its not cheap but its doable for about 500 all in.

Thanks for that, yeah I mean full set up as in a wheel , paddle shifters , gear stick shifter , pedals and a seat.

Which way does the three pedal set up work? Does the clutch work in game with them? I'd like a set up that you have to use the clutch in rather than just brake and accelerator.

• Advertisement

The main problem I have is the extreme motion blur on PS4. It's like a bad effect that you can't turn off. I hope they fix it asap.

Also, I would prefer if the AI were more consistent so I don't have to go into every category having to adjust the difficulty.

One minor thing, the "automatic by weather" tire option doesn't seem to work. You can also seem to get away with jumping the start by half a second or so.

I'm still enjoying the game overall. My head has been wrecked for the last few days, I'm hoping it's from the flu and not from looking at that awful motion blur for a good few hours over the weekend.

Thanks for that, yeah I mean full set up as in a wheel , paddle shifters , gear stick shifter , pedals and a seat.

Which way does the three pedal set up work? Does the clutch work in game with them? I'd like a set up that you have to use the clutch in rather than just brake and accelerator.

Re the clutch yep it works in games such as PCars, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, RFactor etc on PC. Can't vouch for PCars on PS4 as I bought it on PC but have a look at the Racedepartment or GT Planet forum and the guys are sure to know/help. From a quick google it does appear to be a bit buggy at present but that will be patched no doubt. Wouldn't be without the clutch but sadly thrustmaster are selling their new T300 & TX series with 2 pedal plastic setups which is stupid imho. You can sell them and buy their 3 pedal setup or buy used T500rs pedals which are identical. Just to note the T500rs pedals can be inverted GT style which I prefer and while the GT Omega Wheelstand isn't advertised as being able to mount them this way with 2 screws underneath it can be mounted and is rock solid.

Pretty crap news for G25/G27 owners it won't support PS4. That killed a lot of gamers hopes but Logitech are pulling out of the market entirely so I can see their point. Would have been nice to leave a parting gift of compatibility though.

Full rigs are more expensive, take up more room and are difficult/potentially impossible to move whereas wheelstands are cheaper, usually foldable but less stable. I went with the GT Omega after owning a Wheelstand Pro figuring the twin spar design would be more stable and was pleasantly surprised in its ability to handle the T500rs arm wrenching FFB (much more force and precision than the G25 & G27 both of which I previously owned) without swaying. Also I'm not a big fan of centre post wheelstands as they catch my legs (just personal driving style). I've modified mine to use with the Thrustmaster warthog HOTAS on the additional GT Omega shifter plates (version 1 not v2) and flip the top plate to mount a laptop on when I'm playing things like Elite Dangerous and DCS. Its been a very flexible platform for me across driving and flight genres. Basically a moveable cockpit for the man cave on a budget.

For seats naturally a full rig will come with one for a price. Many with wheelstands use office chairs they've fitted with locking castors. Maybe a Playseat could be a good halfway house for you?

Re the clutch yep it works in games such as PCars, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, RFactor etc on PC. Can't vouch for PCars on PS4 as I bought it on PC but have a look at the Racedepartment or GT Planet forum and the guys are sure to know/help. From a quick google it does appear to be a bit buggy at present but that will be patched no doubt. Wouldn't be without the clutch but sadly thrustmaster are selling their new T300 & TX series with 2 pedal plastic setups which is stupid imho. You can sell them and buy their 3 pedal setup or buy used T500rs pedals which are identical. Just to note the T500rs pedals can be inverted GT style which I prefer and while the GT Omega Wheelstand isn't advertised as being able to mount them this way with 2 screws underneath it can be mounted and is rock solid.

Pretty crap news for G25/G27 owners it won't support PS4. That killed a lot of gamers hopes but Logitech are pulling out of the market entirely so I can see their point. Would have been nice to leave a parting gift of compatibility though.

Full rigs are more expensive, take up more room and are difficult/potentially impossible to move whereas wheelstands are cheaper, usually foldable but less stable. I went with the GT Omega after owning a Wheelstand Pro figuring the twin spar design would be more stable and was pleasantly surprised in its ability to handle the T500rs arm wrenching FFB (much more force and precision than the G25 & G27 both of which I previously owned) without swaying. Also I'm not a big fan of centre post wheelstands as they catch my legs (just personal driving style). I've modified mine to use with the Thrustmaster warthog HOTAS on the additional GT Omega shifter plates (version 1 not v2) and flip the top plate to mount a laptop on when I'm playing things like Elite Dangerous and DCS. Its been a very flexible platform for me across driving and flight genres. Basically a moveable cockpit for the man cave on a budget.

For seats naturally a full rig will come with one for a price. Many with wheelstands use office chairs they've fitted with locking castors. Maybe a Playseat could be a good halfway house for you?

Excellent , that was really helpfull thanks for taking the time.

Ok , I think the best option for me is to trade my PS4 version for the PC version and buy a second hand full G27 or G25 set up and run it that way. PC seems to have more sim games available and less compatibility issues , also there is more logitech stuff available second hand in full set ups as opposed to the others.

Excellent , that was really helpfull thanks for taking the time.

Ok , I think the best option for me is to trade my PS4 version for the PC version and buy a second hand full G27 or G25 set up and run it that way. PC seems to have more sim games available and less compatibility issues , also there is more logitech stuff available second hand in full set ups as opposed to the others.

No bother at all. I have a PS4 (love it) and its great the console folk get to play an actual sim for once but for simming PC has the lead just due to the nature of the market audience. Just be aware at present PCars is heavily optimized for Nvidia GPU's with AMD's like my 295x2 lagging way behind so do check your laptops specs. The RD & GT Planet guys are pumping out performance guides and FFB setting tweaks like nobody's business so do consult them before diving in to avoid initial disappointment and get the most out of it.

What is FFB settings? I take it adjustments to the driving set up, I did read that the cars were handling a bit all over the place at the minute. Have found that on nearly all non Formula cars on the Ps4 alright.

I'd be running project cars off my laptop if I went the PC route. This is my laptop spec below , it has a 4th gen i7 and dedicated Nvidia card, should run it ok I think.

http://www.komplett.ie/product/zkb-01lap/80036777/asus-n551jk-cn079h/details.aspx

What is FFB settings? I take it adjustments to the driving set up, I did read that the cars were handling a bit all over the place at the minute. Have found that on nearly all non Formula cars on the Ps4 alright.

I'd be running project cars off my laptop if I went the PC route. This is my laptop spec below , it has a 4th gen i7 and dedicated Nvidia card, should run it ok I think.

http://www.komplett.ie/product/zkb-01lap/80036777/asus-n551jk-cn079h/details.aspx

That should be fine. Your GeForce GTX 850M should be equivalent to a desktop 750ti so I'd check out some vids on youtube of the 750ti running at different settings. Simmers don't generally go nuts over running 'everything' at ultra and throw the rattle out of the pram if it doesn't lock at 60fps so a bit of tweaking from the forum guides will do wonders and try to avoid the traditional non-simmer youtubers who are not used to setting these things up. If they're complaining check their video history as the ones who are real simmers (they wear racing helmets to bed) will be the most helpful. Smooth FPS is king. Everything else is fluff. If people are complaining the face of a spectator in game doesn't look perfect it probably means they've already crashed into the armco and should be more worried about that. :)

FFB = Force Feedback from your wheel. PCars has been getting a lot of stick over its poor default FFB settings and its got a metric ton of FFB options much like Raceroom Experience which can put people off so again the forum guides (yeah I know I sound like a broken record) are your saviour unless you want to spend 10 hours setting it up. The difference these guys can provide you in immersion experience just by changing a few things is immense. Settings vary immensely wheel to wheel so what suits a T500rs won't suit a G25/G27 or a DFGT. Each wheel has a personality for each game.

The cars will all feel different. Try a McLaren MP4-12C vs a Ferrari 458 Italia in Asseto Corsa and you'll think there is something wrong with your wheel. Its not its just the personalities of the cars (assuming you've set your FFB up 1st above). Saying that whenever a new sim is launched there is a teething period as the devs get feedback from the community on what is 'right' and 'wrong' and patch the hell out of it. PCars is at that stage now and its normal. If a car doesn't feel 'consistent' check the forums to see if others are feeling the same and if so await a patch. Patches in the simming world are like death and taxes, its sure to come.

Edit: Pete Froogle (channel is Frooglesim on Youtube) just put up a guide a few minutes ago for PCars. He's not Mr racing sim but he is Mr Sim in general so check it out. He'd tweak a toaster if he could.

v3ttel wrote: »
    The main problem I have is the extreme motion blur on PS4. It's like a bad effect that you can't turn off. I hope they fix it asap.

Also, I would prefer if the AI were more consistent so I don't have to go into every category having to adjust the difficulty.

One minor thing, the "automatic by weather" tire option doesn't seem to work. You can also seem to get away with jumping the start by half a second or so.

I'm still enjoying the game overall. My head has been wrecked for the last few days, I'm hoping it's from the flu and not from looking at that awful motion blur for a good few hours over the weekend.

I'd say it's motion sickness caused by that stupid effect! Lot's of people complaining about it online.
    I haven't even started my career yet, I refuse to even look at this game again until they fix all the bugs, they've got their work cut from what I can tell too.

That should be fine. Your GeForce GTX 850M should be equivalent to a desktop 750ti so I'd check out some vids on youtube of the 750ti running at different settings. Simmers don't generally go nuts over running 'everything' at ultra and throw the rattle out of the pram if it doesn't lock at 60fps so a bit of tweaking from the forum guides will do wonders and try to avoid the traditional non-simmer youtubers who are not used to setting these things up. If they're complaining check their video history as the ones who are real simmers (they wear racing helmets to bed) will be the most helpful. Smooth FPS is king. Everything else is fluff. If people are complaining the face of a spectator in game doesn't look perfect it probably means they've already crashed into the armco and should be more worried about that. :)

FFB = Force Feedback from your wheel. PCars has been getting a lot of stick over its poor default FFB settings and its got a metric ton of FFB options much like Raceroom Experience which can put people off so again the forum guides (yeah I know I sound like a broken record) are your saviour unless you want to spend 10 hours setting it up. The difference these guys can provide you in immersion experience just by changing a few things is immense. Settings vary immensely wheel to wheel so what suits a T500rs won't suit a G25/G27 or a DFGT. Each wheel has a personality for each game.

The cars will all feel different. Try a McLaren MP4-12C vs a Ferrari 458 Italia in Asseto Corsa and you'll think there is something wrong with your wheel. Its not its just the personalities of the cars (assuming you've set your FFB up 1st above). Saying that whenever a new sim is launched there is a teething period as the devs get feedback from the community on what is 'right' and 'wrong' and patch the hell out of it. PCars is at that stage now and its normal. If a car doesn't feel 'consistent' check the forums to see if others are feeling the same and if so await a patch. Patches in the simming world are like death and taxes, its sure to come.

They really to get their act together and offer a couple of preset modes for the FFB on the PS4. It looks like they just got lazy and left everything open for people to tinker with the settings themselves, madness!
    I can't even calibrate my wheel on the damn game until the release one of the many patches this game looks like it needs.

They really to get their act together and offer a couple of preset modes for the FFB on the PS4. It looks like they just got lazy and left everything open for people to tinker with the settings themselves, madness!
    I can't even calibrate my wheel on the damn game until the release one of the many patches this game looks like it needs.

Yep agreed. I really appreciate they left it open to change FFB settings, calibration etc but for console folk with no experience of sims and who may be of a "if it doesn't work out of the box in 2 minutes its going back in the box" mentality its a very bad move (not saying thats you but they know they are trying to draw those people into the genre with PCars). At least presets would give people a path to follow. To think they learned nothing from the Raceroom experience setup fiasco which kept many away from RRE is simply inexcusable imho. Nuts.

• Advertisement

I received my thrustmaster T100 today for my PS4 .

The wheel is great and a major leap over the T80 as the T80 is a Bungee resistance system. I used a DFGT to platinum GT5 and found that setup to be all I wanted . I sold my G27 last week . I found that I did not really want the clutch/stick system . I am definitely more of a casual wheel user .

The T100 definitely fulfills my expectations and is very comfortable. I plugged it in ,entered Project Cars ,PC detected the wheel nps , I Calibrated the wheel ...and I was off. The only thing about the wheel is that the PS button and share function do not work on the wheel ,so you need a DS4 close by for these functions...also , the D-pad and other buttons do not work in the PS4 main dash ...but all work perfectly in game.

If you like the DFGT and do not require a clutch /stick ... this is good to go. I am sure that Thrustmaster will come out with a budget FFB wheel for the PS4 ,but going by what I've seen with TM ,its probably gonna be in the upper €100s region.

I am very happy with the wheel.

RE the motion blur : I use the bumper cam and notice nothing . I have noticed it while trying the helmet cam though...its not for me.

After playing a tonne of PCARS over the weekend im finding a lot of unforgivable issues but more that anything the shocking bad ai punting you off the track no matter how careful you are to give them room, incredibly frustrating.
    Overall im enjoying the game but if anything its shown once again how amazing assetto corsa is to drive [sorry to keep saying it it has to be played to be believed :) ]

Just had my best race with AI so far followed by another disaster with AI lol,this was 5 mins into qualifying session so not as if there was a tonne of cars when it all started, there was very soon though lol.

PCARS clever AI at work lol ,switched to exterior cam to get better view of the gridlock,nothing was moving so it was exit session.

2015_05_11_00004.jpg

I'd say it's motion sickness caused by that stupid effect! Lot's of people complaining about it online.
    I haven't even started my career yet, I refuse to even look at this game again until they fix all the bugs, they've got their work cut from what I can tell too.

I can live with a lot of the other issues, apart from the blur. I'm still enjoying the handling of the cars and having some good races with the A.I, who don't feel like they are on rails like in so many other games. It's refreshing to see them track extending, making mistakes (even if they are a bit too aggressive mostly - a race with the A.I seems like a multiplayer race online. That's not a bad thing, but it's probably gone too far in the opposite direction).

If I was in your position and my wheel didn't work, I wouldn't touch it until that was fixed.

Yep agreed. I really appreciate they left it open to change FFB settings, calibration etc but for console folk with no experience of sims and who may be of a "if it doesn't work out of the box in 2 minutes its going back in the box" mentality its a very bad move (not saying thats you but they know they are trying to draw those people into the genre with PCars). At least presets would give people a path to follow. To think they learned nothing from the Raceroom experience setup fiasco which kept many away from RRE is simply inexcusable imho. Nuts.

I bet there'll be dozens of used copies of this game on the shelves in a couple of weeks.
    Lots of folk will dip their toe in and decide it's not for them. Racing games on consoles are a fairly niche market as it is without added realism turning off the masses.
    I just can't wait to finally start playing it properly.

Just had a great 25 lap race in LMP2 car at Silverstone GP, all assists off , changeable weather,95% AI and it was great fun.
    Great fun that is after i tried to start mid pack after qualifying 8 place only to be taken out by the ai everytime in the first 2 laps :(
    After a few attempts to get away clean i just started from the back of the grid and let the ai settle for 2 laps then i drove the wheels off the car,but what a shame i had to resort to this instead of going door to door with the ai safely from that 8th place,coincidentally i finished in 8th after starting at back of the grid.
    Its gone to the stage where i dont qualify anymore i just start at the back of the grid,once the ai get spread out a bit they are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone up for an online race some night this week?

Im not that good so easy pickings for ye :)

• Advertisement

The head of SMS is posting away on their forums as we speak, says he delighted with sales and that they're working on fixing the reported bugs.
    I've never seen that type of thing before.

Nedved85 wrote: »

I can't wait to jump online with a load of the lads posting away here. Even doing some practice laps together would help us all dial in our tuning settings and what not on the fly.

Nedved85 wrote: »

Love to but I'm not joking but I might be up a mountain from tomorrow onwards till around the time of the apocalypse and it won't be for fun :) (cryptic I know). Even if you were racing drunk with a head wand you'd probably still beat me.
    The head of SMS is posting away on their forums as we speak, says he delighted with sales and that they're working on fixing the reported bugs.
    I've never seen that type of thing before.

We got that kind of treatment from Kunos, the devs of Assetto Corsa. They were out on the RD and GT Planet forums regularly as well as their own. Its very much a sim-world thing which you really don't see in AAA games these days. Passionate about their creation and all the better the titles become for it. Fair play to SMS for listening to the fans.

Just want to reiterate a post earlier from Titzon Toast on the Jack Spade FFB files. Seriously to all playing PCars with any wheel do not play the game without downloading and applying both the files and settings 1st. For consoles users while the files can't be used the settings apply equally to you guys. I played PCars for the 1st time tonight on PC (had it from release but have been very very preoccupied) and the FFB by default from my T500rs was the worst I'd ever felt in any sim.

Applied Jack Spades files and now I can feel the kerbs and the cars feel much more communicative. Night and day in game. No more floating and sudden breakouts without warning. Heres the link again but thumbs up should go to Titzon Toasts post earlier for bringing it to everyones attention. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

I thought I posted them files on Saturday,hmm my bad I was sure I did,they make a big difference for sure on my G27

I thought I posted them files on Saturday,hmm my bad I was sure I did,they make a big difference for sure on my G27

Oh sorry my bad. Ahh sure thumbs to both of ya :)

Just for the G25/G27 users like yourself keep an eye on this RD thread posted by Bram the owner of RD. Its reserved for the best settings for the G series with PCars which are being posted this week. http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-logitech-g25-g27-settings.105555/#post-2001702

• Advertisement
Advertisement