Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSA offering low cost index funds

Options
  • 03-12-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this topic has been discussed previously, but couldn't find it discussed elsewhere.

I am finally getting round to starting a pension. I work for a small business that does not offer a pension scheme so I'm going to have to set up my own PRSA account.

I have been looking at the major PRSA providers and the management fees on their funds seem pretty exorbitant. I really just want to squirrel some money away in some low-cost index tracker funds. Are there any providers out there that offer such funds under a PRSA plan?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I would look up prsa.ie as they offer a Execution Only service so they will not give you financial advice based on your own needs.
    You could go to an fee based financial Advisor to chat about this.
    They charge you x amount and they will ask you about your income, outgoing, loans ect so they can give advice based on your own needs.
    They are giving you advice based on your own requirements and not on what product pays them the most when they sell it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrBrightside 1981

Thanks OKiss

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

No matter where you go, if you choose a PRSA you'll pay at least 1% per year of a fund charge. You might get slightly lower charges by choosing a Personal Pension instead.

Advertisement