Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meditation Teacher Training

• 03-12-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Anyone know of a good course available to become a teacher of meditation? I have been practicing meditation and yoga for years but do not wish to become a yoga instructor - just would love to give guided meditations (there is a pastoral and life-coach element to my work and I would love to develop this further).
    I am based in the South West and with a toddler and newborn, the possibility of me travelling far afield or staying away for lengthy retreats may not be possible at this time, but I would consider them in future. Any other suggestions welcome.
    Much thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭pinkbear

Did you get any further with this? I would also be interested....

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rosemalin

Hi Pinkbear,

No not really. But looking into it further and working on my mindfulness as well as meditation, I've been really impressed with this MBSR teacher training course.
    http://www.sanctuary.ie/training-courses/mbsr.aspx
    They run it every year. It's quite expensive so I might leave it for another year or two.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

If you had one or two other friends that were spiritual, you could organise a group meditation, once a month or so. It would give you confidence and a feel you leading a group. If that worked out you could rent a room for an hour or so in a local community hall , etc for very little money. Start small and go with the flow. There's always a group going in the south west somewhere, go to one or two meetings to get the feel for what others are doing.

Advertisement