Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay (sellers with 0% feedback)

• 03-12-2013 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I think I made a mistake buying something of Ebay from a seller in the USA.

It was Garth Brooks new boxset but its not released here. Im a massive fan of him.

Anyway there's not alot of them available yet on Ebay as its only a new release.

Anyway, I found a seller and I really wanted it so I bought it and proceeded to pay through paypal. That was over a week ago.

But I stupidly never checked out the seller until. They have 0 % feedback and they only registered with Ebay the day before I bought the thing. This was last Sunday 24 of November. And the boxset wasnt available until Friday the 29 of November. Stupid mistake of mine.

So I put alot of trust in this seller and I hope I get it.

There's an estimated delivery date of the 5 of December. But im not sure if something can ship that fast from the USA. So maybe give it a few more days?

I contacted the seller just to see if they would respond and asked if they shipped it yet. But its only been two hours.

So what do I do if I dont get it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Open a Paypal dispute if you don't get it. If the seller can't provide proof to Paypal its fairly straightforward to get cash back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Don't worry. The seller may be genuine and just new. They may be taking orders now for a box set that hasn't been released yet. Things often take 2-3 weeks to arrive from the states.

It's all a moot point anyway because you paid using PayPal. If the item doesn't arrive after a reasonable amount of time, you just open an 'Item not Received' case with PayPal and they will refund you regardless of what the seller does or says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

It doesnt look too good. He has nothing else for sale. It was only the one boxset. 0% feedback. Signed up the day before I bought it. And has an unverified email on paypal.

It looks dodgy and I dont trust him.

On top of that, the total amount was $70 which I payed through paypal. Clicked the buy it now button, signed into paypal and that was it.

Now when I check the order details on ebay, the total amount has been changed to $140.

So the invoice goes something like this

Boxset $55
    P & P $15
    Total 140

And asking me to pay.

Is this carry on accepted? $140 was never in the original advert.

Im guessing, thats the reason to why it hasnt been shipped yet. But he's hasnt replied to my message.

Glad I can get my money back. Im normally a very patient person. I can order something and just forget about it and three weeks later I get it. But this doesnt look good. Im waiting on my boxset which I already paid and he's waiting on $140. Was he hoping I would leave it after paying $70?

So rather than sit waiting for him to reply, I will open a dispute.

I didn't think it was possible to change the price after the sale.

It certainly looks dodgy now. Open a dispute and get your money back. It may take a while to get your money back as eBay expects you to try to resolve the problem first, then they try to contact the seller on your behalf etc. but bear with it and you will get your money back. In the meantime go get the boxset elsewhere.

I ordered it again through another ebay user. This time with 100% feedback and tracking number. I hope I get it before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Not sure if I'm reading the thread correctly - but I see it as you paid 70 and now the amount in order details has changed to double that amount 140.

So looks like you might have bought 2 instead of 1

Don't let zero feedback stop you shopping on eBay , as everyone has to start somewhere .

A seller with 100% feedback could be as dodgy as a seller with no feedback .

None of this matters , because at the end of the day , you have online buyer protection , so feedback is only a guideline .

If you have problems with sale , you can raise a claim , and it will be dealt with by the proper authorities , whether this is eBay - Paypal - Bank - .

No, I definately bought one. It was expensive enough as it was. And that and when you go and pay straight away with paypal, $70 was the full amount.

I think he's definately pulling a fast one. He hasnt even replied to my message and I dont think he will.

I opened a dispute and il see what happens.

Edit: checked the details and definately just the one.
    No explanation to why the price doubled and why im not getting it.

There's an ebay community and it turns out there's a few of us who has the same problem.

After paying there's an egg timer on ebay with 'payment in process through paypal'.

The payment is complete on paypal. But never got a receipt from paypal either. I cant mark the item as paid on Ebay.

They have also had the same problem where the price has doubled.

Appartently its down to a technical problem but I dont have a clue. It doesnt help that the seller hasn't replied to my messages in over a week.

One person even said that their seller even posted their item. I still didnt get an item despatched icon on ebay but not all sellers update this, do they? So it could be in the post.

Im not happy with the lack of communication from the seller. And I dont want to be sitting around waiting for something that may not come and then wait for ebay to sort it out. Thats why I opened the dispute last week.

I dont know if im being scammed or not.

Stick with the dispute procedure. If you are being scammed you will get your money back. If you are not being scammed you can always send the money to the seller later. However the fact that the seller has not responded to you is dodgy, also they will have received emails from ebay telling them you have opened a case. If they were genuine they would be responding to someone.

Advertisement