Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightforce lamp mount/bracket for Burris Laser Scope

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

A friend of mine owns a Burris Laser Scope XTR B-M-Dot 4-12x-42mm
    BURRIS-LaserScope-4-12x42-Rifle-Scope-XTR-Ballistic-Mil-Dot-Reticle-Matte-Black-200111.jpg

He has it on a Remington model 700 .223

He got the scope 2nd hand this year and thinks it is brilliant for shooting foxes.
    But when he is on his own, he has no means of mounting his lamp on top.

Does anyone know where lamp brackets can be got for this scope?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

does anyone have any information where I can get the lamp bracket for this scope?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What kind of stock is on his rifle?

He could try side mounting a small picatinny rail on the stock somewhere and putting a high power torch on that. Not ideal to alter the stock but works real well when done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Vegeta wrote: »
    What kind of stock is on his rifle?

He could try side mounting a small picatinny rail on the stock somewhere and putting a high power torch on that. Not ideal to alter the stock but works real well when done right.

he has a standard wood sporter stock for it, doubt he would do what you suggested but I could say it to him anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

He could always try something like this
    mdK9EkEB5KorymVL_pZ8hCg.jpg

But those scopes really don't seem easy to put a lamp onto.

He could try something like this:

mini-flexible-tripod-281x300.jpg

Mount it underneath the lamp (some lamps even have a threaded insert in the handle), spot fox, place lamp beside rifle and beam on fox, switch to rifle and shoot.

Advertisement