Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows RT flash compatibility and free games

• 03-12-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, my girlfriends mother is asking me what kind of laptop to get her for xmas. Im looking at something with Windows RT on in but reading about it im a little confused..

Can you play flash games in the browser on sites like miniclip.com or do sites have to be on the microsoft white list? There are a lot of sites saying you cant but they all seem to be from early 2012.

Then also are there good games on the microsoft store, i understand you can only add apps from the store which doesnt sound great but she like the stuff on the play store so hopefully its similar or getting close to being similar in terms of quality.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rowan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

miniclip wont work on RT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Overheal wrote: »
    miniclip wont work on RT

Strange I just loaded up pool on miniclip without a problem. Its mot touch friendly though.

I believe Microsoft changed to a backlist rather than whitelist for flash on rt a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Thanks, im not sure what to do, sounds like RT is a bit hit and miss depending on what you want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its good for 90% of the stuff you would normally do, and the other 10% frankly thats why you'd have a PC, but the RT platform seems to really be just a bridging point for a couple generations of tablets until the product line sports exclusively intel based CPUs.

Advertisement