Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoff Question

Options
  • 03-12-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

In the AFC at the moment myself and Rock are tied for the sixth playoff spot.

Both of our final games are against CPU opponents.
    Not saying its a given (I did lose to the CPU Bills in Week 1 after all), but what happens if we both win our games? (or lose them??)
    We haven't played against each other, so no h2h.
    What would it come down to? Goal difference? Cos if its that we should be allowed to go bat**** crazy against the CPU in the final game ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You are not in the same division and you have no head to head so next is conference record.

You need to compare your records against AFC teams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

guns4all wrote: »

Not saying its a given (I did lose to the CPU Bills in Week 1 after all), but what happens if we both win our games? (or lose them??)
    What would it come down to? Goal difference? Cos if its that we should be allowed to go bat**** crazy against the CPU in the final game ;)

Conference record I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I think there may be a European spot for the team which has a better FIFA Fair Play rating so check and see how many yellow and red cards each team has.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well if its conference record, I'll guess i'm out, 2 CPU Teams in the AFC East, 1 in the South.

Damn CPU's :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

yeah but i have a certain Berty in my division

• Advertisement

yeah but i have a certain Berty in my division

and I have Giffney and Heli :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well if its conference record, I'll guess i'm out, 2 CPU Teams in the AFC East, 1 in the South.

Damn CPU's :mad:

Conference is the entire AfC, you're thinking of the division

Conference is the entire AfC, you're thinking of the division

what happens if we're level on that record, Points difference?

Only difference between us at the moment is in division wins, where Rock has a game more won than me

Points difference is +103 Rock to +130 Guns

Only difference between us at the moment is in division wins, where Rock has a game more won than me

Really, I just looked at the league standings on the website, and noticed the conference record was level, taught you would have more divisional wins then me.

• Advertisement

Really, I just looked at the league standings on the website, and noticed the conference record was level, taught you would have more divisional wins then me.

I lost to the bills in my 1st game. Beat fins twice lost to berty twice and we probably split the bills.

Bloody knew that loss would come back to haunt me!!!

I lost to the bills in my 1st game. Beat fins twice lost to berty twice and we probably split the bills.

Bloody knew that loss would come back to haunt me!!!

I think i lost to the bills in pre season, i'd have to check my schedule, but im nearly sure i did, they were good, especially in defense

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'll take a look in a bit but after conference it goes to common opponents then strength of schedule then points

Ok..

Colts Pats
    Raiders Buccs
    9'ers Falcons
    Jags Bengals
    Chargers Fins
    Rams Steelers
    Titans Panthers
    Cards Texans
    Titans Fins
    Bengals Ravens
    Jags Bills
    Fins Jets
    Hawks Bills
    Broncos Jets
    Texans Saints
    Texans Broncos
    Chiefs Browns

Ok,so not bolded are the wins for both teams (expecting both to beat the CPU)
    In bold are the losses

In red are the common games, so the Colts are 1-3 and the Pats are 3-1,so on the above the Pats

Dont hold me to this though!

Ok..

Colts Pats
    Raiders Buccs
    9'ers Falcons
    Jags Bengals
    Chargers Fins
    Rams Steelers
    Titans Panthers
    Cards Texans
    Titans Fins
    Bengals Ravens
    Jags Bills
    Fins Jets
    Hawks Bills
    Broncos Jets
    Texans Saints
    Texans Broncos
    Chiefs Browns

Ok,so not bolded are the wins for both teams (expecting both to beat the CPU)
    In bold are the losses

In red are the common games, so the Colts are 1-3 and the Pats are 3-1,so on the above the Pats

Dont hold me to this though!

Just seen the highlighted games now, Gilberto where ever you are, i will now never forgive you for leaving the Dolphins shortly after you played me :mad: :pac:.

Well done Guns :)

i'm not 100% sure on the above rock, im not sure how it works for inter-division cos while the you play the texans twice (say 1 loss and 1win) which one is counted??

If we take those examples out (Fins/Texans) you guys both beat the Bengals, so it goes to strength of schedule then

i'm not 100% sure on the above rock, im not sure how it works for inter-division cos while the you play the texans twice (say 1 loss and 1win) which one is counted??

If we take those examples out (Fins/Texans) you guys both beat the Bengals, so it goes to strength of schedule then

Ah i'm fairly sure i'm out, it says on the NFL site best win/loss/tie record in common games if the conference record is level, and i didnt beat the Texans or Broncos.

Pats didn't beat the broncos either

Advertisement