Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying through the CAO: Issues.

Options
  • 03-12-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Howdy folks, been a while. Hope everyone is well.

So I'm looking to apply for GEM in UCD after my degree is completed (in my final year.)

I have my GAMSAT result already and should be on to get the 2:1 thanks to results from last year.

The CAO's document states that any candidate like me must provide the GAMSAT results, original transcripts and proof of degree to be conferred. The first 2 are no issue but, for anyone who has experience with this, what exactly is the proof of degree to be conferred? Do the transcripts not suffice? Is it a different document?

I e-mailed CAO about it, quoting the document and asking the same question. The reply was a link to the document again which didn't really help my situation.

I am probably being exceedingly thick however I really could do with some know how, last thing I want is to f**k up the application process. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Final transcripts are grand, once they're official and/or verifiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

I know from other job applications, that you can get a statement from the records office, which is proof of your enrolement and states when you are expected to graduate. Perhaps this is what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SquarePeg1

Yes, your best bet is records / admissions........they will know exactly what is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Somalion

Great stuff, thanks for the help folks. It was a bit of a head scratcher for myself anyways!

Advertisement