Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Nappies - 12hrs?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

Hoping for someone familiar with the Lidl Toujour Nappies who can set my mind to rest! Just in the early phase of the bedtime routine for our 13mth old and its the first time I've used one of these nappies (busy day and bought nappies at a Lidl I passed as I didn't have time for my usual shopping in Aldi) I am baffled by how thin they are, and though the packet says its a new technology I'm just a little worried :confused: When I pick her up it feels like she has no nappy on under her sleepsuit!

She tends to sleep 11-12hrs a night and we never have to change her at night nor do we have leaks at all. So have things come on so far that these really thin nappies will do an overnight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

KGLady wrote: »
    Hi,

Hoping for someone familiar with the Lidl Toujour Nappies who can set my mind to rest! Just in the early phase of the bedtime routine for our 13mth old and its the first time I've used one of these nappies (busy day and bought nappies at a Lidl I passed as I didn't have time for my usual shopping in Aldi) I am baffled by how thin they are, and though the packet says its a new technology I'm just a little worried :confused: When I pick her up it feels like she has no nappy on under her sleepsuit!

She tends to sleep 11-12hrs a night and we never have to change her at night nor do we have leaks at all. So have things come on so far that these really thin nappies will do an overnight?

Hi

I don't find the Lidl nappies good to be honest, I tried them once and my little fella was constantly waking up during the night soaked, I use the aldi ones and find them so much better, the Lidl ones are OK during the day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I used those new thin ones and found them to be fantastic! Better than aldi but a little dearer. I buy them when they go on sale, aldi otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

Rachineire wrote: »
    I used those new thin ones and found them to be fantastic! Better than aldi but a little dearer. I buy them when they go on sale, aldi otherwise

I also think they are better than aldi's. I actually refused to try them for a long time cause I had such a bad experience with aldis nappies. It was the only time my daughter had a rash ever! That never happened with lidls nappies. I regret not trying them sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I need not have been worried at all :) She slept through and there was no issues at all with the leaks, the nappy was full but still not even bulky.

I am so surprised that something that thin did her overnight and she seems to like them too. Soon as I had one on her, she kept sort of squatting down and standing up again repeatedly, almost like she was feeling it out knowing it was different. The speed of her running around and climbing both in the hour before bed and this morning is very amusing, like how she is when she runs around naked. Clearly she has more freedom of movement and so all going well by the time we finish this pack, I may even swap to them for the reminder of her time needing nappies, its really great to see how much freer she is :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

We sware by Lidl Toujour Nappies, and we wouldn't buy abything else, apart from maybe Aldi nappies? When we had our 1st baby we tried Pampers, then Huggies, and then Toujour, and to be honest we couldn't justify the extra cost of the first two brands, so we stuck with Toujour, and we've never looked back. We're now on Toujour size 5+ with our 2nd child.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

We only buy Lidl or Aldi nappies. We used Huggies when he was a tiny thing, but everytime we tried pampers they leaked everywhere. We use the normal Lidl, the thin Lidl and the Aldi ones, haven't had any issues with any of them.

Advertisement