Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with eye brushes

• 03-12-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've recently become more interested in makeup etc. so recently Ive bought some new face brushes and now I want to invest in some eye brushes but theres so many that I'm utterly confused and really welcome any help!!

I love real techniques brushes but Ive heard that their eye brushes arent so great.

I already have one from eco tools but its quite big .... i tried getting a picture off their site but it doesnt seem to be available anymore...but its quite large for an eye brush and I think its just called a shadow brush.

I also have the naked palette brush: http://www.urbandecay.com/urban-decay/eye-makeup/naked/245.html

And I plan on buying the naked3 palette so I'll have that brush too.

But to be honest, Ive never used the urban decay one as i really dont know how to use it!

As you can guess I'm a complete novice so am looking for any advice really! I guess I only really need maybe 2 or 3? But I dont know anything about crease brushes or angled ones or buffing brushes!

So if anyone could recommend specific brush types (crease/buffer etc.) and brands that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I have both of the Real Techniques face and eye brush set and love them both. See below for what they do:

The base shadow brush does what the Urban Decay one does, although I find the UD too hard and flat to use. The accent brush I use to do a shadow liner under the lower lid and for highlighting the inner corner. The brow brush does what it says...brows and same with the crease brush, which whilst a tad big is good for crease blending and buffing. I'd definitely recommend it as a starter set for eyes.

PIX..jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

aw thanks for the quick reply! I've been looking at that set on iherb so might just go for it! I just had heard they werent good brushes...but i love their face ones so might just go for it! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I've had my set (lost the eyeliner one) for almost 2 years and they're still in great nick.

I would love a MAC 217 blending brush though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anabelle

I am also looking for suggestions for eye brushes (other than Real Techniques).

Or even the types of brushes eg blending, pencil, crease etc. that would be essential

I have heard that the mac 217, 219, 224 and 239 would be a good place to start but I'm looking for equivalent of these from another brand (obviously I know the quality will not be as good)

So any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 purpleturtle21

I personally love blank canvas cosmetics for brushes, but that's just my opinion :-) if your unsure what brushes you need, have a look on YouTube. Themakeupchair just posted up a really informative video on eye brushes and what are the essentials etc :-) I would link it but I'm on my phone so can't! But she has some blank canvas cosmetics brushes, gives you names and what they are used for :-) similar idea no matter what brand you use!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I would also recommended the real techniques, I bought the set last week after reading some reviews and they were well recommended here too and I love them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anabelle

Can anyone recommend a lip brush?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Thanks so much everyone! I decided to splurge on iherb since real techniques were on sale so bought the eye kit and some more face brushes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

whats an accent brush?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Real Techniques and Eco Tools are great brushes, I personally prefer my Real Techniques expert face brush ans stippling brush to my MAC 187 and MAC 190.

I have a MAC 217 brush and love it, but find this one from No.7 to be just as good, the bristles aren't as soft/fluffy as the MAC one, and the handle isn't as long either, but for €9 its a good brush.

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Eye-Contour-Brush_1261143/

Advertisement