Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 "Rollback" Problem

• 03-12-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Issue I've been having with Win7. Last night I logged in and everything looked fine, except that all my auto logins were failing (gtalk, viber, steam etc.). Also noticed all my bookmarks in Chrome were gone. Bit strange, but no big deal. I restarted to see if that would do anything but the next time it started was when the big problem happened.

Windows was in it's default state, all my programs are uninstalled and all my files are gone. Old files I had deleted are there again now but I can open or access them. Essentially it appears as if my OS has "Rolled Back" about 7 months. No idea why. Obviously my files are somewhere because I still have the same amount of HD space, but just can't see them anywhere.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

did you do a system restore or logon as a different user ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

did you do a system restore or logon as a different user ?
    Nope to both. It seems very much like a system restore to me, but I never intentionally did anything to make it happen. Just logged into Windows and it was like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I would recommend checking the Event Viewer, as there might be something pointing at the System Restore.

Have you turned the power off rather than shutting down the system? I think this forces Windows 7 to roll back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Had a scroll through the event viewer and couldn't see anything relating to rollback.

Advertisement