Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Eye Surgery Sydney

Options
  • 03-12-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

I've been wearing glasses since I was a child and contact lenses for the last 7 or 8 years and I'm fed up with both. I hate wearing glasses and contacts can be a pain at times and are a big financial drain. I know there's a dedicated eyecare forum on here that has threads on this but I'm hoping to hear from people who had laser in Australia and their experiences, good places to get it done, satisfaction with results, price etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

You might be better off getting this done at home.

Also how old are you? I got laser done when I was 25 and my eyes have not kept the 20 20 vision. They are better than before but I am going to see if I can get it done again.

I got my wisdom teeth out over here. Some guy in the CBD in Melbourne quoted me a price of $2,000. I found some cheaper guy in Footscray that did it for $600.

Maybe shop around but personally for eyes I'd do it at home or in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'm 25 now, 26 in 2 months time. Yes I was thinking it would probably be pretty expensive out here but I doubt I'll be home for another year to year and a half and as I said I'm pretty fed up with glasses and contacts so I wanted to see if anyone had it done out here so I could get a feel for what I'm dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

You should wait until you go back to Ireland for financial reasons and medical ones.

Australia is too expensive in my opinion for things like this

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

I have heard figures like $15,000 on the west coast

ifeelill wrote: »
    I have heard figures like $15,000 on the west coast

Holy sh*t, that's an insane price if true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

I believe somewhere around the $5k mark is the norm. You get 20% tax back for any medical expenses over $2k and i know my private health insurer gives $1.5k towards laser eye surgery too after 12 month waiting period!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

A mate had his done in Sydney back in Feb, he priced Melbourne and it was almost double the price. So flying to Syd, staying at hotel it still worked out a lot cheaper. He had done a lot of research beforehand and spoken to quite a few. I could find out name of clinic. He's very happy with the result.

Ya Cooperspale if you could that would be great! Or even just a few websites or whatever he used for his research so I can do some reading up of my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

pal went here
    http://www.eye.net.au/
    at Darlinghurst and saw Ilan Sebben
    his eyes were 0.75 after op and got to zero in 4 months, which is what they said would happen

Advertisement