Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business name

Options
  • 03-12-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I'm starting a business. e.g Goldman advice

In this business no money will be exchanged. I will be doing pro bono work for different people to gain experience.

I was told I didn't need to register my business name or any legal stuff with revenue?

Any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You *could* register the business name via the CRO

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

Don't know what your business is but giving advice to gain experience, would you need insurance in case it's wrong? Should you be regulated by someone?

Goldman would suggest financial advice to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Certain advisory activities require registration/certification, you cannot give financial/lega/medicall advice without such. But if you are giving gardening/interior design/clothing styling etc, you can do what you like. You are unlikely to get any useful pointers here unless you actually give some factual description of what you are proposing to do!!

Advertisement