Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winds Likely Thursday 5th Dec Morning (Northern areas most at risk)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Flooding looks inevitable tonight/tomorrow in Hamburg. Water is already very high.

Bau6QKMIQAArKpv.jpg:large

Similarities to 1962 :

european_windstorm_xaver.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Someone I work with who lives on the East Anglia coast has been told to evacuate his house until tomorrow evening, seems they're expecting a lot of flooding all along the coast. Hopefully won't be too bad though it's looking worrying for Holland and Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Lads anyone with in depth knowledge which ye have in abundance hazard a guess at ferry sailings from Dublin to Holyhead in the morning? Due to get the 8am Ulysses and getting worried

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

davehey79 wrote: »
    Lads anyone with in depth knowledge which ye have in abundance hazard a guess at ferry sailings from Dublin to Holyhead in the morning? Due to get the 8am Ulysses and getting worried

AFAIK Ulysses has yet to miss a crossing due to the weather. Now if you were booked on the Swift it'd be a different story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

P_1 wrote: »
    AFAIK Ulysses has yet to miss a crossing due to the weather. Now if you were booked on the Swift it'd be a different story

This has me worried though

http://www.irishferries.com/ie-en/sailing-update/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

The Azores high is revisiting the country tomorrow again. Seas should be calm. I live in Meath, about 20km from the Irish sea, and it's very calm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Storm arrived here in poland during the night. Some very large gusts with bangs around the premesis. Electric outages and lots of thunder snow. Looks like some large snow drifts out there.
    All fairly calm now with some beefy snow showers. Will head out soon when light to see what's damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

eigrod wrote: »
    Note the top of the flagpole

5a8VXV.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That is terrifying - why would anyone still be standing there with the sea coming in? :eek: I'd be gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Flooding caused by the storm is clearly not an issue for this (Swedish?) bus driver:

Advertisement