Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

• 03-12-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Two free transfers, Townsend & Amalfitano out for whoever with .2 in bank.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yep, two FT's myself. Looking at Reid + Brady OUT, Ramsey + Olssen IN.

Waiting until tomorrow night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Shane Long a short term option for Remy. West Brom have some tasty fixtures coming up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Might get rid of Brady if he doesn't look at himself again this GW. This Bannan lad at Palace people are recommending. I also need to think about banking a transfer for Dmas sometime soon.

Xmas even....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Brady out. Somebody cheap in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

roryc wrote: »
    Yep, two FT's myself. Looking at Reid + Brady OUT, Ramsey + Olssen IN.

Waiting until tomorrow night though.

Finally getting on that bandwagon.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Was thinking of getting in Kos as an Arsenal defender but they don't exactly have the best fixtures coming up... clean sheet wise that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Morrison has a one match ban after tonights match, already thinking Bannon.

Had only planned to bring in a new Goalie in place Mignolet, any suggestions, for same fee or less, other keeper is Pantilimon. Although if he starts to show an ownership increase after tomorrow night, might turn my attention to shipping out Dawson again.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Morrison has a one match ban after tonights match, already thinking Bannon.

Had only planned to bring in a new Goalie in place Mignolet, any suggestions, for same fee or less, other keeper is Pantilimon. Although if he starts to show an ownership increase after tomorrow night, might turn my attention to shipping out Dawson again.

Dawson is on the chopping block for me. Just not a priority at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Long for Remy anyone ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Morrison with the red... worth holding onto hi for the week? I thinks so, prefer to get Brady out instead i think!

• Advertisement

Thinking of getting rod of Mig for Pants. Also have McGregor. Is there a logic to it?

Thinking of getting rod of Mig for Pants. Also have McGregor. Is there a logic to it?

Made that move last week, Mig and Davis out for Pantilimon and Mcgregor! reasoning being that if Hart gets back into the team ill have a keep who plays! Paid of with a CS for Pantilimon at the weekend too!
    G1032 wrote: »
    Brady out. Somebody cheap in.

Yes who though?? I'm thinking of bench fodder but fodder thats still guaranteed gametime, Kasami, Diame and Bacuna are all names im looking at.

Would leave me with Ozil, Ramsey, Hazard and Morrison and ?

Made that move last week, Mig and Davis out for Pantilimon and Mcgregor! reasoning being that if Hart gets back into the team ill have a keep who plays! Paid of with a CS for Pantilimon at the weekend too!

Yes who though?? I'm thinking of bench fodder but fodder thats still guaranteed gametime, Kasami, Diame and Bacuna are all names im looking at.

My cheapie is Al Ahmadi for 4,4 Hopefully get a few points out of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

You could look at Bannan or Mutch. I have Mutch at the moment but after tonight I might look at getting Bannan in instead. I also have Brady so I could also do Brady-> Bannan and have both Bannan and Mutch as my two cheap mids. Would leave me with a lof of cash to sepnd elsewhere

thunderdog wrote: »
    You could look at Bannan or Mutch. I have Mutch at the moment but after tonight I might look at getting Bannan in instead. I also have Brady so I could also do Brady-> Bannan and have both Bannan and Mutch as my two cheap mids. Would leave me with a lot of cash to spend elsewhere

Palace are muck at scoring goals, I have Gabbidon and he has come good lately but i don't see Bannan doing a whole lot, for the same price El Ahmadi looks a much better bet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ward prowse ? Cheap as chips but has started the last 5 games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Any ideas on what i should do? two free transfers and 0.6M in the bank

ABGGlTU.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

sea_monkey wrote: »
    Any ideas on what i should do? two free transfers and 0.6M in the bank

ABGGlTU.png

Given OUT, Gazzaniga / Speroni / McGregor IN

Januzaj OUT, Oviedo IN :)

Might keep my transfer this week.. Really considering Pantilimon before he rises in about in 15 minutes..

I have a feeling a banked transfer will do me better though.. Only concern at the moment is Mignolet to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Looking at Chester out and Gabbidon in. As was pointed out last night, Palace have some good home fixtures coming up.
    I only brought Chester in a couple of days ago because I thought I needed the cash he freed up for me. But I'll be holding off on Ramsey for a few weeks so Chester can go now again, but what a serious waste of a transfer that was.
    8 points lost and 0.1m lost cos I chose Chester over Gabbidon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Best Cheapy mids are Morrison, Brady, Mutch, JWP and Brunt ...no one else worth considering imo

Try a punt on Panti if you have a back up keeper but if you don't maybe Marshall and Speroni

Palace defence could be of use with Pullis doing his thing and Chester may be back for Hull

-

As for me trying to save the transfer this week! No problems on the team so all good 8)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Danger781 wrote: »
    Might keep my transfer this week.. Really considering Pantilimon before he rises in about in 15 minutes..

I have a feeling a banked transfer will do me better though.. Only concern at the moment is Mignolet to be honest

Now we all know that's not going to happen!!!

There'll be a few new shiny things after tonight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »

I'm looking at my team and can't see any obvious changes at present.

I bet after tonight though I'll want to make 3 or 4! It's always the way in this game.

Morrison with the red... worth holding onto hi for the week? I thinks so, prefer to get Brady out instead i think!

I just got him in before Palace, picking up the yellow was perfect last night (everything else wasn't crap) as he wasn't going to be starting against Liverpool and he was only going to start against Palace, Sunderland (H) and WBA (H) for me in Dec. The fear was that he'd miss either of those home games.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Finally getting on that bandwagon.

:P

I'm not on it yet. I've said I'll get Ramsey a number of times, even had him in my team for a few days during my wildcard week, and yet I've never pulled the trigger. I don't want him to play tonight... but then will that convince me not to get him?

Barring injury it would be borderline retarded if I don't have Ramsey in my team by tomorrow morning.

roryc wrote: »
    Barring injury it would be borderline retarded if I don't have Ramsey in my team by tomorrow morning.

Have you got to the self harming phase too?

The one advantage we have in getting him in now is that if he does get an injury we can transfer him straight back out, where as all the £5.5 brigade will find it very difficult to part ways.

Totally worth it (keep chanting this over and over)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

2FT's leaves me the possibility of buying Aguero.

Would be.....
    Zabaleta -> Chester/Brown (Chester is cheaper but Brown has a nice run of home fixtures)
    Remy -> Aguero

Remy is 4.5m cheaper than Aguero. That would strengthen 3/4 other positions in my team. Still trying to decide if he's really worth that.

I just got him in before Palace, picking up the yellow was perfect last night (everything else wasn't crap) as he wasn't going to be starting against Liverpool and he was only going to start against Palace, Sunderland (H) and WBA (H) for me in Dec. The fear was that he'd miss either of those home games.

Slight worry that Big Say may be a bit annoyed at him and he wont walk straight back into the team. He should though as he's the best attacker they have and the pressure is on now.....

• Advertisement

Bacuna -> Bannan is my only definite transfer this week. (No pressure in rises or falls so I'll leave it for a while to press the button)
    Frees up 0.2 and I now have additional midfielder...

4jqscj.jpg

2.5 in the Bank:

And I've two main options in mind for that, the first one being the most likely but I just can't get the second one out of my head.

Either a Brady -> Lampard which might be done tonight to avoid missing a rise

Or

Wait for it......
    I might hold onto the 2.5 and keep it for

Suarez or Aguero -> RVP

If I see RVP back fit and looking good somewhere in the near future or if I get a whiff of Aguero being rested or City or Liverpool losing a bit of form.
    I'd really like to be in early on a RVP bandwagon (don't think those words have ever been muttered) as his price could rocket if he was to find last years form.
    He has only dropped 0.2 with nearly 750,000 transfers out, if, and if, he becomes the phenomenon of old, those transfers back in would see him push close to 15 million.
    It's a gamble and one I'm not willing to take at present, but RVP is on my watchlist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

@PARlance: You know you could just afford Ramsey if you ditched Ravel. Join me friend :D

A chorus of echoes chanting "join us friend, join us

@PARlance: You know you could just afford Ramsey if you ditched Ravel. Join me friend :D

Do I know you?

:D

Who did you get rid of to get Ramsey in? I can get upgrade Morrison alright but I would rather upgrade one of my 2 4.4 MF's. (Mutch / Al Ahmadi) team would be a lot stronger for it. Dawson is the bait in all of this

Edit

Can do Dawson & Mutch ---->>>> Ramsey & Collins

Interesting!! .....

Who takes Palace corners and free kicks does anybody know?

FHFC wrote: »
    Who takes Palace corners and free kicks does anybody know?

Watched bits and pieces of it last night and Bannan was on frees and corners.
    I haven't seen an awful lot of Palace so there'll be better placed to advise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

I've had it ….. finally decided to give RVP the chop …switched himself and Sturridge to Aguero and Suarez !!…. neither scored last week so … here's hoping for a bumper crop from them in the midweek games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Corkbah wrote: »
    I've had it ….. finally decided to give RVP the chop …switched himself and Sturridge to Aguero and Suarez !!…. neither scored last week so … here's hoping for a bumper crop from them in the midweek games.

I was carrying RVP for the first 6 gameweeks and watching red arrows everyweek. I ditched him then for Suarez and upgraded Giroud to Aguero at the same time and watched the points fly in since. Best move i ever made. I would be a lot higher too if i had ditched him from the outset.

Watched bits and pieces of it last night and Bannan was on frees and corners.
    I haven't seen an awful lot of Palace so there'll be better placed to advise.

I know there was a comment above that Palace not scoring many, but if Bannan had set pieces he would definitely be of interest as a possible alternative to Brady given Palaces home games coming up.

Corkbah wrote: »

You do know the deadline was last night?
    Those transfers, if made today, are for the weekend games not tonights

The only person I want rid of is Mignolet, I think :)

But he has two very decent fixtures coming up, so unless he's due to drop in price I'll hold onto him

• Advertisement

You do know the deadline was last night?
    Those transfers, if made today, are for the weekend games not tonights

yup - got them done before the deadline … had a miserable week last week 30+ points …dropped down to around 900K overall …. from around 400/500K mark….whats even more annoying is that I tipped Lampard to score against West Ham and I had him captained - until 10am Sat morning …and I changed it to RVP with my vice as Yaya Toure …. bad decision making has cost me badly this season.

the only good thing is I opted out of my pay-in league this year due to getting married in August and going on Honeymoon I figured a 4/5week headstart for the others was not worth it.

We pay €75 each in …league is limited to 20 and top 3 share spoils …there's also monthly prizes and bottom 3 not allowed to re-enter the following year (keeps it interesting all year around - everyone aims for mid table respectability - to avoid relegation)…. prize pot is decent enough but makes all the year long effort worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Who did you get rid of to get Ramsey in? I can get upgrade Morrison alright but I would rather upgrade one of my 2 4.4 MF's. (Mutch / Al Ahmadi) team would be a lot stronger for it. Dawson is the bait in all of this

Edit

Can do Dawson & Mutch ---->>>> Ramsey & Collins

Interesting!! .....

I had 2.2 in the bank and I did Terry to Ben Turner, Townsend to Gerrard and Sess to Ramsey with .5 left in the bank now. I had 2 FTs so just one hit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I've two free transfers and a lot of low-priority transfers to make, but nothing urgent.

Would *like* to remove Dawson, would *like* to replace Brady.

I'll probably just go Hangeland to a CP defender and see how the boy Ozil does tonight.

I was gearing up for Remy to Rooney but I think I might opt for Lukaku instead. I'll decide later in the week. Would like a Rooney booking tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I was gearing up for Remy to Rooney but I think I might opt for Lukaku instead. I'll decide later in the week. Would like a Rooney booking tonight.
    Lukaku's plays Arsenal at the weekend then.....
    Fulham (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Southampton (H)
    Stoke City (A)
    Norwich (H)
    West Brom (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Lukaku's plays Arsenal at the weekend then.....
    Fulham (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Southampton (H)
    Stoke City (A)
    Norwich (H)
    West Brom (A)

Everton players all back in the groove for those fixtures,Remy out for me looking at those fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Getting rid of Evra to free up some funds to upgrade my midfield. Thinking of bringing in either Lallana or Mirallas

HighClass wrote: »
    Getting rid of Evra to free up some funds to upgrade my midfield. Thinking of bringing in either Lallana,

Think you forgot to finish that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Either the boss or the missus must have walked in on him:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Aye that's the problem with using a phone, slip of the finger and hit the wrong button!

finally my decision to make transfers works out nicely … think I've over 80pts thanks to getting rid of RVP and Sturridge - replacing with Augero and Suarez (with Suarez captain)

not bragging - in a bit of shock - first time in ages that my team gets decent points.

• Advertisement
Advertisement