Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Maybe knee jerk but I think terry out and kompany in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Rooney suspended
    Morrison suspended
    Fonte leaking goals
    Pieters off injured tonight
    Brady subbed early again

Looks like a points hit will be needed.

At least Remy has a handy fixture :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mignolet/McGregor

Chester/Terry/Coleman/Clyne/Chico

Ozil/Toure/Ramsay/Ravel/Ward-Prowse

Suarez/Aguero/Lukaku

Want to move quick on a transfer tonight. Looking to get rid of Mignolet with my FT. Is there another player that should take priority for getting rid of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dempsey wrote: »
    Mignolet/McGregor

Chester/Terry/Coleman/Clyne/Chico

Ozil/Toure/Ramsay/Ravel/Ward-Prowse

Suarez/Aguero/Lukaku

Want to move quick on a transfer tonight. Looking to get rid of Mignolet with my FT. Is there another player that should take priority for getting rid of?

You may be a bit light in midfield if one of Ozil or Ramsey gets rested.
    Ravel being suspended.

Ravel suspended doesnt bother me

How likely is that though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ravel suspended doesnt bother me

How likely is that though?

Well I'm part of the Anti Ramsey Brigade BUT he was taken off tonight and they mentioned on commentary that there had been rumours about him being rested tonight due to a minor ankle injury.

I have Ozil and he looked very tired towards the end, went down and stayed down for a bit longer than you'd want.

Those reasons and the fact that Walcott is back and they have loads of other options make me nervous for Ozil.... (I'd love for Ramsey to have a break)

Even from the bench, either could notch up points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Looks like Vlaar is injured:

Southampton 2-3 Aston Villa
    Aston Villa captain Ron Vlaar
    "Massive win, great goals. Special words for Fabian Delph's first goal in the Premier League! Amazing! Hope the injury is not too bad, really frustrating."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Looks like Vlaar is injured:

Southampton 2-3 Aston Villa
    Aston Villa captain Ron Vlaar
    "Massive win, great goals. Special words for Fabian Delph's first goal in the Premier League! Amazing! Hope the injury is not too bad, really frustrating."

This hurts, he is out of the equation now then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

With Rooney out I'm thinking about this...

Rooney - Remy
    Evra - Distin
    Bacuna - Hazard

Have 2 transfers so 4 point hit to bring in Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Welcome Aaron. I eagerly await your injury.

Right folks, are people dumping Morrison or Brady?

Looking at the two, Morrisson seems to rotate well with Bannan. That said, Redmond could be a decent punt as well.

He was playing well earlier in the season until he got dropped but Pilkington is now out for a while.

I rate Brady but he just doesn't seem right after that hernia op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ideally i'd like a midfield of Ozil Ramsey Yaya and Hazard (have the first 3) and some cheap 5th midfielder but i cant see a way of squeezing Hazard into the team with a frontline of Aguero Suarez Lukaku.

I think the only way to fit those 4 mids in is to have a backline and both goalkeepers all under 5 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

My team is a mess after tonight. Morrison suspended, Vlaar looks to be injured and Pantilimon will surely lose his place now. To top it all off I brought in Gabbidon last night to avail of his price rise. Regretting that now.

There's also the possibility of players being rested at the weekend.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Right folks, are people dumping Morrison or Brady?

Looking at the two, Morrisson seems to rotate well with Bannan. That said, Redmond could be a decent punt as well.

He was playing well earlier in the season until he got dropped but Pilkington is now out for a while.

I rate Brady but he just doesn't seem right after that hernia op.

Was thinking of Brady to Bannan.

But then I was chuffed with my team this morning and now looking at a possible hit two weeks running which I didn't want to do in FFS cup week.

Seriously short after both my recent signings Rooney and ravel suspended and clyne an injury doubt. The thought of going into a weekend with only 2 up front scares me!

Mignolet (Lewis)
    Terry, Dawson, Merts, Chester (Clyne)
    Hazard, Brady, Ramsey, Gerrard (Morrison)
    Suarez, Aguero (RooneyStupidFckHead)

...is how I look for the weekend and I don't like it.

Which would yous prioritise?

1. Brady (swans a) to Bannan (Cardiff h)
    2. Clyne (MCity h and possibly injured) to Joel Ward
    3. Terry to Kompany
    4. RooneyStupidFckHead (after 1 game in my team!) back to Lukaku (who I stupidly sold 3 weeks ago) and who has great fixtures and is not a StupidFckHead.
    5. Dawson to a cheap defender as Spurs seem to have lost the plot defensively.

95 points and pissed off. Who'da thunk it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Benimar wrote: »
    Rooney suspended
    Morrison suspended
    Fonte leaking goals
    Pieters off injured tonight
    Brady subbed early again

Looks like a points hit will be needed.

At least Remy has a handy fixture :D

In a similiar position but add yanga mbiwa (dropped) and myhill (injured?) to the list. So frustrating because I planned everything so meticulously in recent weeks, esp in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I made one transfer in getting rid of Shaw.... talk about prematurely,, stuck with a keeper that could be dropped come Sat, who I had taken a -4 hit for to begin with and further compound this with the fact that Rooney, who I had also brought it, get's suspended. I've got Morrison who is also suspended too, but will hang on to him.

Made too many rash decisions in weeks past, getting Walcott back too early, and Ozil out as a result, then cashing in on Yaya far too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

BNMC wrote: »
    My team is a mess after tonight. Morrison suspended, Vlaar looks to be injured and Pantilimon will surely lose his place now. To top it all off I brought in Gabbidon last night to avail of his price rise. Regretting that now.

There's also the possibility of players being rested at the weekend.

Would be extremely harsh to drop Pantilimon, very unlucky to concede the OG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Called it last week! :D
    Danger781 wrote: »
    Januzaj OUT, Oviedo IN

Bandwagon ahoy! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

who's Oviedo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Mignolet
    Ivanovic Fonte McAuley
    Mirallas Hazard Ramsey Townsend
    Suárez(C) Remy Lukaku
    Subs- Coleman Whittaker Morrison

Any ideas?

Do I leave it and do my 2 free transfers next week. Holding of the Ovideo band wagon until Everton play Arsenal.
    Also need to offload Morrison and Townsend ? Possibly Remy

Long/Hernandez for Remy this week ?? Have 0.00 in the bank ?

Who will start for United with Rooney injured ? Hernandez or Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Mignolet
    Ivanovic Fonte McAuley
    Mirallas Hazard Ramsey Townsend
    Suárez(C) Remy Lukaku
    Subs- Coleman Whittaker Morrison

Any ideas?

Do I leave it and do my 2 free transfers next week. Holding of the Ovideo band wagon until Everton play Arsenal.
    Also need to offload Morrison and Townsend ? Possibly Remy

Long/Hernandez for Remy this week ?? Have 0.00 in the bank ?

Who will start for United with Rooney injured ? Hernandez or Welbeck

Surely Hernandez,Welbeck was pants last night

Unsure now after that united performance last night. Tempted to leave Remy in :).
    Keep the 2 transfers for next week. Cant see a real obvious transfer with £0.00 in the bank. Maybe Ivanovic out Zabaletta in ?

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Unsure now after that united performance last night. Tempted to leave Remy in :).
    Keep the 2 transfers for next week. Cant see a real obvious transfer with £0.00 in the bank. Maybe Ivanovic out Zabaletta in ?

get rid of whittaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

had enough of the walcott no shows and changed him for hazard, leaving me with this team, opinions?

Krul Harper
    Terry Zab Coleman Kos Chester
    Hazard Yaya Ramsey Bannan Morrison
    Lukaku Suarez Aguero

Why are people picking Barry Bannan all of a sudden?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Have 2 free transfers, need to get rid off whittaker anyway so thinking of doing Kasami, Whittaker and Rooney -> Lukaku, Lampard and Moxey.

Team would then be...

Mignolet
    Dawson Coleman B Turner,
    Hazard Ramsey Ozil Lampard,
    Aguero Lukaku Suarez

Subs. Daniels, Ravel, Baker, Moxey

Opinions.....?
    Too much Chelski/Arsenal midfield?

Dempsey called the bangwagon effect. Surprised so many are going for Ovideo too. Just noticed he's down as a midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

he is cheap as chips and had a couple of decent games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Isn't Ovideo a defender classed as midfield or something?

Not interested in him tbh even if he is cheap although JWP isn't looking too hot on my team either

93 points this week and only up 3k! Not many overlooked the Suarez captaincy it seems

I'd probably get sick if he wasn't my captain this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Agreed.

I watched the WH game - he was awful. Got lucky with the assist, it came back to him after he took an awful corner. Palace only had one other attempt on goal against a very poor west ham performance. They're going to be very low scoring for the rest of the season.

If you're buying him, you're gonna place him on the bench, and odds are if he ever comes on for you he'll get you 2 points.

Oviedo is a strange one too. Defender classed as a midfielder. 2 goals in 2 games is most likely as far as his scoring streak will take him.

I'd be more inclined to look at El Ahmadi, Mutch or even Delph for a cheap as chips midfielder.

Bannan & Oviedo are another transfer waiting to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I called it in August, just saying :cool:

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

thunderdog wrote: »
    Ideally i'd like a midfield of Ozil Ramsey Yaya and Hazard (have the first 3) and some cheap 5th midfielder but i cant see a way of squeezing Hazard into the team with a frontline of Aguero Suarez Lukaku.

I think the only way to fit those 4 mids in is to have a backline and both goalkeepers all under 5 million

B - I - N - G - fcukin - O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

So after much thought I think a 4 point hit is needed.

Rooney (suspended) - I will hold onto him. His GW16-19 games are fantastic and he will be a guaranteed starter over Christmas now. Personally, I think those selling him will regret it.

Morrison (suspended) - Going to sell him. No guarantee he will start the Sunderland game and he then has ManU (a) and Arsenal (h). Looking at Shelvey (if he isn't suspended) as Swansea have Hull (h) and Norwich (a)

Ollson (suspended) - Selling. Have the cash to bring in a 'heavy hitter' but who is the question? There are no sure clean sheets out there for City, Chelsea, Spurs or Man U (have Mertesacker & Coleman). Might go with a Swansea or a different WBA defender.

Brady, Fonte and Pieters will have to be kept for now which isn't ideal but think I'll do -4 this week and maybe -4 next week too (Lukaku in for Remy will be a cert)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Looking at moving Ozil out for Yaya... cant believe im going to pay that much for Toure but he literally wont stop scoring!!

will give me a front line of:

Morrison--Toure--Ramsey--Hazard (El-Ahmadi)

----Aguero--Suarez--Lukaku----

FutureGuy wrote: »

I could have that midfield but it would require a 8 point hit

Ravel -> Hazard
    Terry -> Moxey
    Mignolet -> Gazzaniga

I'm planning to get rid of Mignolet anyways.....hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Current team is
    Mig Davis
    Dawson Mert Lovren Distin Chester
    Nasri Morrison Ramsey Hazard Jedinak
    Suarez Aguero Lukaku

Worth an 8 point hit for this move? or would that be crazy?
    Lovren -> Zab
    Nasri -> Yaya
    Giroud -> Lukaku

Mignolet being dropped like mad.. Really don't want his price to reduce before I get rid of him but it may force my hand.. I'd like to see him keep a cleanie against West Ham before I drop him :(

Lukaku also rising. Wanted to wait until next week to bring him but again it may force my hand if I want to keep my plans of upgrading Navas

Stupid people not letting me do my plans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

BNMC wrote: »
    To top it all off I brought in Gabbidon last night to avail of his price rise. Regretting that now.

Why?

FHFC wrote: »
    Mignolet (Lewis)
    Terry, Dawson, Merts, Chester (Clyne)
    Hazard, Brady, Ramsey, Gerrard (Morrison)
    Suarez, Aguero (RooneyStupidFckHead)

...is how I look for the weekend and I don't like it.

Which would yous prioritise?

1. Brady (swans a) to Bannan (Cardiff h)
    2. Clyne (MCity h and possibly injured) to Joel Ward
    3. Terry to Kompany
    4. RooneyStupidFckHead (after 1 game in my team!) back to Lukaku (who I stupidly sold 3 weeks ago) and who has great fixtures and is not a StupidFckHead.
    5. Dawson to a cheap defender as Spurs seem to have lost the plot defensively.

On mature reflection, I'm thinking maybe Brady to Shelvey (Hull H), leaving me 0.4m in the bank. Then Clyne to a Palace defender for their good home games ahead. And, after Everton go to Arsenal get back on the Everton defence I mistakenly let go with Dawson to Distin or even eat humble pie and resign Coleman. Also Merts to Kompany/Zab likely before Xmas. Probably need another hit at some stage to achieve all that.

Will hold Rooney as after the suspension he's got good games, good form and he's had his rest.

Any advice appreciated.

FutureGuy wrote: »

I have six of that front seven. Just missing Yaya.

That said, my back five are Zab, Terry, Coleman, Mert and Clyne.

I actually think I'll hold all of those for Xmas rotation. Might just change Clyne.

My two other mids are Brady and Morrisson. Might change Brady this week. Bannan rotates well with Morrisson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I ditched Oscar for Hazard last night. Should have done this a long time ago but was too stubborn.

The midfield is now Ozil, Hazard, Ramsey, Morrison and Barkley.
    Front line is Girod, Suarez and Aguero.

Next step will be to get 15 starters in my team. Rosinger is the main focus there. All others start....but Barkley is wearing my patience.
    After that need to try to get Rooney in for Girod but that will mean downgrading Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm getting in Shelvey for Sessegnon, he's cheap(5.3M) and seems to be playing high up the pitch and taking lots of shots. He also is playing Hull next and rotates well with Morrsion.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Current squad is the below, got 107 points this week and have 2 FT's, up 90K + places overall to 106K, 0.5 in the bank.

Mignolet, Lewis
    Koscielny, Coleman, Chester, Vlaar, Clyne
    Hazard, Ozil, Cabaye, Parker, El Ahmadi
    Rooney, Suarez, Aguero.

Of the above I realise I need to look at Vlaar / Clyne (maybe injured) & Rooney (suspended).

Would I be totally mad to consider the following:
    Ozil ---> Ramsey
    Rooney ---> RVP

Worried Ozil will get rested at the weekend and at the end of the day probably need to get Ramsey in as almost every active manager has him.

On RVP, I think with ManU upcoming fixtures, he could be a good differential as most active managers probably do not have him.

All of the above depends on team news going my way though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm getting in Shelvey for Sessegnon, he's cheap(5.3M) and seems to be playing high up the pitch and taking lots of shots. He also is playing Hull next and rotates well with Morrsion.
    Michu due back this weekend tho, could be back to the bench for JonJo

G5nZOIX.png

Really worried about my team this week - I'd very much appreciate any and all suggestions

1FT but okay with taking a hit if it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

is raheem sterling worth a punt??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

eire_lad wrote: »
    is raheem sterling worth a punt??

No - not guaranteed to start and goals/assists are few and far between...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dumped Boruc for Gazaniga. Opened up an extra £1m which will be handy for the Christmas period transfers.

I fear a bad GW though. If arsenal do not perform, I get hurt.

Might gamble next week on dropping Ozil for Hazard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement