Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

well that was a very entertaining read for the afternoon.

Any good recommendations for 4.0 defenders ? As much as it pains me to say it, it might be time to finally offload mickey turner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'd be shot of Oviedo, why don't you bring in Bannan, he's got a nice fixture this week, he's 4.4m so if you don't play him too often it won't upset you to have him, he's on a lot of set pieces in a team managed by Tony Pulis, and he's a very decent player. I can't understand how a left back classed as a midfielder tempted anyone, despite his fantastic last 7 days it still seems wrong to me.

ah here no i only got oviedo last week (1st sub and he didnt come in dammit!!), everton have lovely fixtures coming anyway and martinez said today baines looks 3-4 weeks away from return so no way i'm shipping ovi. i had noticed bannan mind you - he seems to be doin pretty well under pulis - though i've kind of settled on whittingham as someone who should play all the games over the festive period - the question now is just to take that hit and get him this week, or just wait til next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rikand wrote: »
    well that was a very entertaining read for the afternoon.

Any good recommendations for 4.0 defenders ? As much as it pains me to say it, it might be time to finally offload mickey turner!

Moxey of Crystal Palace

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

8-10 wrote: »
    Yep it's obvious for Ramsey but that was just my example. For instance in what you say, if you think Yaya will do better than Ozil between now and January wildcard then I'd make that switch. You'd have nothing tied up in Yaya so can get him back out for Ozil (who isn't far off what you would have bought him for I guess) in Jan if it doesn't work out.

Basically I know who I want in my team for the season, but assuming I can get them in in January and are planning for that, and I have another player identified as getting better short term returns at the same time, then I'm happy to go with the 'lesser' player now for the extra points on offer and still get my dream team in January.

I agree with you and would never be afraid to take a player out as Ive too much money tied up in a player. I may do aguero to rooney for the xmas games for that very reason as I dont see aguero starting against palace. I would then get aguero back in my jan wildcard even if it cost .5 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

RedPeppers wrote: »
    Anyone see potential in Chris Brunt, im thinking of bringing him in and out with Barkely

West Brom have nice fixtures coming up Norwich (H) Cardiff (A) and Hull (H) and he takes a lot of the set pieces, corners so could be good for assists

Yep I just brought him in for Townsend, he's on good form with 2 assists and a goal in his last four and he has very nice fixtures. He also takes penalties I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Just swapped Ramsey for Shelvey. Looking at Arsenals next three fixtures, Everton, Man City, Chelsea, I dont fancy them to come away with many points from those fixtures.

Shelvey on the other hand is starting to show a bit of form & with Hull & Norwich I think he could potentially pick up a few extra points especially considering Swansea dont have many strikers fit at the moment & he can play in that advanced role.

Good idea? or am I crazy to have just traded the guy with the second highest points total so far

I hope for your sake you're joking..

Everyone should know by now I'm all for bandwagon hopping but what you just did was absolute madness.. I wouldn't even do that and that's saying something :pac:

EDIT: Apologies, just read the last few pages.. Sorry to bring it back up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

8-10 wrote: »
    Yep it's obvious for Ramsey but that was just my example. For instance in what you say, if you think Yaya will do better than Ozil between now and January wildcard then I'd make that switch. You'd have nothing tied up in Yaya so can get him back out for Ozil (who isn't far off what you would have bought him for I guess) in Jan if it doesn't work out.

Basically I know who I want in my team for the season, but assuming I can get them in in January and are planning for that, and I have another player identified as getting better short term returns at the same time, then I'm happy to go with the 'lesser' player now for the extra points on offer and still get my dream team in January.

Very true with regards to Yaya and Ozil, Ozil is actually back at the price i paid for him now but my issue there wasn't with regard to money like it would be with Ramsey im more worried as i don't know who is going to score higher over the next few weeks both have kind of equal fixtures, Arsenal slightly tougher but being the team to beat at the moment its hard to know what way to go! Yaya scoring every week is hurting me though...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Ozil and Clyne out ~ Hazard and Jagelka in. Any advice on this at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ozil and Clyne out ~ Hazard and Jagelka in. Any advice on this at all?

Whats your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Dempsey wrote: »
    Whats your team?
    Mignolet
    Zab
    Ivanovic(Chelsea have palace next week)
    Coleman
    Clyne
    N.baker

Ozil
    Ramsey
    Yaya
    Whittingham
    Morison

Suarez(c)
    Aguero
    Lukaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mignolet
    Zab
    Ivanovic(Chelsea have palace next week)
    Coleman
    Clyne
    N.baker

Ozil
    Ramsey
    Yaya
    Whittingham
    Morison

Suarez(c)
    Aguero
    Lukaku

The strategy going on at the moment, myself included, is to cheapen up the backline for a stronger attack.

You'll have a nice chunk of change tied up in doubling up on Everton defenders. They have been solid lately & fixtures are favourable so its a good bet for a couple of GWs at least.

Ozil to Hazard, Hazard is better value for money but I think Ozil will only get better as the season wears on. Hazard now then look to get in Ozil aswell with the Jan wildcard could be the right strategy.

Is that for a points hit or 2 FTs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Howard, Coleman and Lukaku, too much Everton? i suspect it is but i am looking for a keeper change from Mignolet after this GW.

Original plan was to shift Remy to Lukaku but adding Howard would be overkill i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

PARlance wrote: »

Mig is going to hold. 98.9 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

dahat wrote: »
    Howard, Coleman and Lukaku, too much Everton? i suspect it is but i am looking for a keeper change from Mignolet after this GW.

Original plan was to shift Remy to Lukaku but adding Howard would be overkill i think...

Too much Everton. Keep Mig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone in yet with the pool "bib" team from training? Really need to sell toure if he is not gonna play.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Danger781 wrote: »
    Too much Everton. Keep Mig.

Mig will go but liked Howard but 3 is overkill.....Szceshny or De Gea i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Aguero and Brunt in for Rooney and Barkley for a 4 point hit.

done with about a minute of consideration there.

might even do Vidic/Coleman to Ivan/Terry for an extra hit. i kind of just want the team approaching sorted now, no matter the cost.

what do people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

SlickRic wrote: »

might even do Vidic/Coleman to Ivan/Terry for an extra hit. i kind of just want the team approaching sorted now, no matter the cost.

what do people think?

Why Coleman? Look at the season he's having and looking past this weekends game, he's got a great run till Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why Coleman? Look at the season he's having and looking past this weekends game, he's got a great run till Feb.

I could get rid of Vidic.

I don't really want rid of Coleman tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

what do people think?

I've taken a 4 point hit already. I'm also contemplating a further e 4 or 8 point hit. I just want to start getting some good weekly scores. Money league is over for me anyway. Get rid of Vidic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

This post has been deleted.

im waiting till next week

doubt either will do much this week
    wouldnt mind shane long for one week only though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

G1032 wrote: »
    For those interested in Mignolet developments, FPLStatistics are showing him at just 96.7% of the way to a drop. He might just survive the night!!!

Mig at 98.8 now !

- edit -

And 98.7 right now !!! If he could get a CS this week-end, the trend could really reverse!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Bought Gerrard last GW, and thinking about getting Hazard instead of him already!

Would it be a good transfer? West Ham home, is a better game than Stoke away. But can't really afford to have Hazard rise much more.

Also would having Speroni and buying anotherPalace defender (for Clyne) be a bad move?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hazard is at +51.6% that he all got today. How likely is it that he'll get the other 48.4% in the remaining 5-6h before price changes occur? Keep an eye on it and if he's not going up, you're sorted and can move him in tomorrow after the deadline ;).

Palace have good home fixtures coming. Depending who are your other keeper/defenders that could work out nicely.

Unbelievable Jeff, I had written off that 0.1.... There's half a million Mig owners out there playing chicken :)

Still think he'll creep over but he's doing well so far

Ramsey is going to rise again. He'll be 8 million when I guy after the City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Mig at 98.8 now !

- edit -

And 98.7 right now !!! If he could get a CS this week-end, the trend could really reverse!

I just want him to clear the rises tonight as I'll prob get Howard in tomorrow. He'll drop though, I know it. :mad:

what do people think?

what's your full team for the gameweek? I wouldn't do it if I was you, points hits should be avoided whenever possible. Vidic has a better chance of a cleanie this week than a Chelsea defender and axing Coleman would be madness given his form and upcoming fixtures. Wait till next week and do Vidic out for Terry for free if you want rid of Vidic. He has nice fixtures but I got fed up and ditched him last week for Danny g, his form was just unforgivable for a 6m defender

• Advertisement

I bought Ramsey two minutes ago.
    (Just thought I'd sneak that in here while nobody is looking!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

another one bites the dust. There cant be more than 5 or 6 of us lunatics left at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Im thinking of taking a gamble and shipping rooney out this week for hernandez, il get wazza straight back in next gw.

good move ? I think it could pay off with rvp a serious doubt too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Clyne injured so will offload him and think its time to move Barkley on too. Can see him being rested on sunday. Who to replace them with? Have 10.4m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

No one looking:(
    I remember thinking at some stage early this week "that G1032 fella is a lad I'd go into battle with, he's got principles which are important to him, he's not afraid to reflect thoughtfully and change his mind when he knows he's doing the dishonourable thing"

You sir are nothing but a coward:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Im thinking of taking a gamble and shipping rooney out this week for hernandez, il get wazza straight back in next gw.

good move ? I think it could pay off with rvp a serious doubt too.
    Personally think its a bad move. I would expect Hernandez to start up front tomorrow but no guarantees. It would be a waste of 2 transfers and you would only be going sideways.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Clyne injured so will offload him and think its time to move Barkley on too. Can see him being rested on sunday. Who to replace them with? Have 10.4m

Swansea and west brom have some nice fixtures, or else an Everton defender would be a good idea from next gw onwards. I went for brunt myself think he could score well over the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Welcome friend... It's nice here! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

MR NINE wrote: »
    Swansea and west brom have some nice fixtures, or else an Everton defender would be a good idea from next gw onwards. I went for brunt myself think he could score well over the next few weeks

Brought in McAuley for Clyne and Turner for Rat. Happy enough with rest of the team

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Having spent 5 days in the Pro-Ramsey Brigade the best way to describe having him is like going commando in a bed with new sheets, simply liberating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

I am very very frightened that I'm about to buy Januzaj.......just got a feeling that in United's moment of crisis this little scamp could come to the rescue :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Mig clinging on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

THFC wrote: »
    Mig clinging on..

Not gonna happen. Been stung before so not getting hopes up. There'll be a rush at about half twelve and he'll drop by hitting 100.1%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I have resisted Ramsey but i am starting to crumble, just cant break the top 100k, want to get him and Coleman in now but would need a few transfers to get there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

anyone know what game setanta are showing tomorrow if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

irish son wrote: »
    anyone know what game setanta are showing tomorrow if any?

Pool V West Ham

Did you sign up for the special offer on Setanta and BT for this month only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any update on oscar situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Pool V West Ham

Did you sign up for the special offer on Setanta and BT for this month only?

Cheers. No already had it, its expensive for one but theres four of us so not to bad.

kilburn wrote: »
    I have resisted Ramsey but i am starting to crumble, just cant break the top 100k, want to get him and Coleman in now but would need a few transfers to get there

How much better would you feel getting into the top 100,000 without him... Think about it.
    If you get there, you'll be amongst 99,999 others that have him.

BE STRONG
    BE SPECIAL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Lovren out, Gabbidon in, an extra 1.4m in bank and a step closer to a strong midfield.

No one looking:(
    I remember thinking at some stage early this week "that G1032 fella is a lad I'd go into battle with, he's got principles which are important to him, he's not afraid to reflect thoughtfully and change his mind when he knows he's doing the dishonourable thing"

You sir are nothing but a coward:mad:

Don't get too mad. You'll be having a bit of Ramsey yourself within a couple of weeks I'd say. I held out as long as I could. Blame Brady, because he had to be sold
    Welcome friend... It's nice here! :)
    We'll see. Not feeling it yet. Still a little bit ashamed of my disloyalty to the A.R.B.
    Having spent 5 days in the Pro-Ramsey Brigade the best way to describe having him is like going commando in a bed with new sheets, simply liberating :)
    I'll only feel liberated when he scores a brace! It'd be nice if he did it against Chelsea

• Advertisement
Advertisement