Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Highlighter for everyday wear

• 03-12-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'm looking for a subtle highlighter for everyday wear that's not too shimmery.

For night time I use The Balm Mary Lou Manizer, and I also have a mini high beam by benefit, but I find that these are too bling/shimmery/glittery for daytime.

After some googling Mac Mineralize skinfinish has been suggested, but I'm unsure which one would be suitable for very pale skin, if any.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/6-contour-highlight-palette-1.html

i use this daily.. or your could try catrice prime and refine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Soap and glory have a nice subtle face powder, glow all out. I have the balm too but find it too much for day time. The soap and glory one is perfect for daytime IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Plus one for Soap and Glory Glow All Out. I use that for daytime, it's nice but subtle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Another vote for the Soap and glory one here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I have this ELF palette and use it on my work face - it's quite subtle and it's cheap!

http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/eyeshadow/shimmer-palette/invt/83321

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I've been very pleasantly surprised by Catrice prime and fine powder highlighter, they also do a little stick one which looks fab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I have a TON of highlighters and honestly MAC Skinfinish Natural is the best day time one, the trick is to buff it on on the places you want it to look more shimmery and it gives a really natural glow without loads of glitter!

Soap & Glory is lovely but glittery, Catrice is a great budget option but I'd honestly go with MAC! I'm very pale too by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anabelle

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I have a TON of highlighters and honestly MAC Skinfinish Natural is the best day time one, the trick is to buff it on on the places you want it to look more shimmery and it gives a really natural glow without loads of glitter!

Soap & Glory is lovely but glittery, Catrice is a great budget option but I'd honestly go with MAC! I'm very pale too by the way!

Which colour in the MAC one would you recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Catrice Fine and Prime Highlighting powder...it's about 3 or 4 euro available from Dunnes and it's as good as MAC Mineralize Skinfinish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

No recommendations as I'm currently on the hunt for one myself but I'd give the MAC a thumbs down. I have it at the moment and I don't like it at all, it just doesn't work for me despite its cult following.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have a look at the soap and glory and catrice ones when I am in town next :)
    WhiteRoses wrote: »
    No recommendations as I'm currently on the hunt for one myself but I'd give the MAC a thumbs down. I have it at the moment and I don't like it at all, it just doesn't work for me despite its cult following.

Can I ask which colour you were using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Anabelle wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have a look at the soap and glory and catrice ones when I am in town next :)

Can I ask which colour you were using?

I was using soft and gentle. I just found it very chalky. I'm getting some use out of it as a brow highlight but I wouldn't put it near my cheeks or use it for contouring, etc. I definitely wouldn't repurchase, though. Maybe I just picked the wrong shade because it seems to be amazing for everyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'm loving the MUA highlighter from their Undress your Skin range. I wear it every day, lovely light, buildable shimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Anabelle wrote: »
    Which colour in the MAC one would you recommend?

I have and use for daytime mineralise skinfinish natural in light and then use a dab of lightscapade!

I'm hearing very mixed reviews about the Mac especially after reading some reviews online.

I'm not sure if one of the Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder would be suitable for a highlighter. Anyone used these ?
    http://www.brownthomas.com/powder/brightening-finishing-powder/invt/41x1830xe7yk01

@SmokeyEyes, just noticed you had a blog there and had a quick look. Do you have a review of Lightscapade?

Advertisement