Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent Issue Intel EA-C22L First time set up

• 03-12-2013 11:17pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks ,

I really hope someone here will be able to help me ,

A mate of mine is off traveling the world in the morning at 06.30 AM , He asked me to pick him up a tab from a supplier of mine in the UK which I did ,

The spec on the Intel ea-c22L caught his eye so we went with it.

Having a major issue trying to set the thing up now and I have only just found out about it .

It came with a USB stick which I presume has the OS on it

He is getting the following menu when he turns it on

283122.jpg

I am Mac Man myself and a bit rusty with Windows , it supposed to have Slate Tablet OS on it ,

Now hit enter on either option does not allow him into it , do he have to press the number to get into them rather than the enter key ,

If not what would think the issue is

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barzal

Hi,
    This Intel tablet comes with no operating system installed.
    Despite the information on the box (I mean "Windows 8"), there is no license attached. USB stick that you've tried to boot from contains only drivers.

To make us of this pc, you need to install OS first.
    Of course, the perfect choice would be Win8.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Never ever heard of these!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

barzal wrote: »
    Hi,
    This Intel tablet comes with no operating system installed.
    Despite the information on the box (I mean "Windows 8"), there is no license attached. USB stick that you've tried to boot from contains only drivers.

To make us of this pc, you need to install OS first.
    Of course, the perfect choice would be Win8.

Regards

Thanks very much for coming back to me ,

Is there a purchasable downloadable version of Windows 8 that you would recommend ?

Il be onto Tech Data in the morning , there selling it as having an OS !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

beauf wrote: »
    Never ever heard of these!

Was thinking there was a lot of Machine for €283 !!!! No Flaming OS would explain it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CarlosRJ

Hi.

We have purchased this tab (EA C22L) yesterday. When we modify some parameters in the bios setup (usb parameters), we have disabled the usb ports on error.

The tablet still does not have the os installed.

We can't now to log in, because we can't use usb keyboard and only appears option ATA HDD0.

How can we re-enable the USB ports?

Thanks very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 HTSguy

To do everything through Legacy USB

In order to set legacy boot you first need to set a Supervisor password. Once you do this the Secure Boot Configuration entry will be selectable so you can disable Secure Boot, then you can enable CSM and Legacy boot options. If you like, you can set a blank Supervisor password at this point.

Otherwise; you'll have to set up a UEFI USB thumb drive or something else with the UEFI parameters. e.g. WINpe 64-bit thumb drive.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barzal

Hi,
    You can visit http://www.microsoftstore.com and search for Windows 8.1.
    There is a downloadable version and a quick info about booting from USB drive.

Due to the SeruceLock settings this tablet is compatible only with 64-bit versions of Windows 8 (8.1) and some linux editions.

And about booting from USB pen: I use Universal USB Installer, beacuse it's truly universal and suitable for Windows systems as well.
    http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

After installing Windows 8 your tablet would be ready to use, beacause it's 100% compatible with MS OS.

Good luck and have fun with it!

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hakhak

how to reset the bios for it (C22L tablet)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eac22l

Can someone upload please all the drivers that comes with this tablet in USB flash drive?
    i deleted them by mistake from my USB flash drive...

Thanks in advance!

----edit

i think i found them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pinkz.2

who can i do
    i stuck no usb

how i press

please help i need reset bios combination key

or what i do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pinkz.2

the intel tablet ea-c22l