Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting for learner permit

• 03-12-2013 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hope someone can answer this - I have applied for my learner permit and have completed nearly all the IBT but can't finish it until licence arrives, how long have people been waiting? I applied on the 2 nov :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

B1974 wrote: »
    Hope someone can answer this - I have applied for my learner permit and have completed nearly all the IBT but can't finish it until licence arrives, how long have people been waiting? I applied on the 2 nov :mad:

Call the NDLS. But there are known delays as it is. You'll probably have to wait once you get the licence too because the instructor will have to get a code off of the RSA which, being a government body, isn't as quick as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 B1974

Thanks. He said once I got the licence he just had to complete the paperwork and I was good to go. Ah well have to wait a few more weeks. Damn NDLS how hard can it be??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marieshea

I applied for mine the 2nd of November too. Called them 2 weeks ago they said a 3 week delay, and when I called them today she said there's a 6 week delay? I'm in the same boat though, I need to do my lessons as I have a job early next year where I'll need to drive , but I cant because I've no drivers number. >:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

B1974 wrote: »
    Thanks. He said once I got the licence he just had to complete the paperwork and I was good to go. Ah well have to wait a few more weeks. Damn NDLS how hard can it be??????

You shouldn't have even started your ibt until you had your permit as a receipt is not a permit and no guarantee you will get one. You or the instructor should not have signed the pre training checks form unless all is in order.
    Not your fault but if the RSA had come along to spot check the instructor you would both be in bother.

Thanks Roadskill. You learn something new everyday. Just have to wait. It's killing me sitting in traffic watch you lucky sods cruise by!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Roadskill wrote: »
    You shouldn't have even started your ibt until you had your permit as a receipt is not a permit and no guarantee you will get one. You or the instructor should not have signed the pre training checks form unless all is in order.
    Not your fault but if the RSA had come along to spot check the instructor you would both be in bother.

Yeah, like you would not have taken €400-500 quid or whatever you charge on the spot if the lad only had a receipt in hand to do an IBT course :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah, like you would not have taken €400-500 quid or whatever you charge on the spot if the lad only had a receipt in hand to do an IBT course :rolleyes:

popcorn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

I recently waited six weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I understand your point and some do but we have and will continue to only accept the LP. It's not worth it see below.

Mail from RSA to all instructors
    Dear Trainer,
    I refer to my previous e-mail of the 23rd January 2013 (see below) I would like to take this opportunity to remind all trainers of the importance of checking that all student documentation is in order and up to date. A number of trainers have been in contact recently asking if (IBT) training can commence were the student is in possession of a receipt for a learner permit. This is not permissible as it is a legal requirement to carry a valid driving licence/learner permit when driving a vehicle in a public place including a public road. "The driving licence/permit must be a current valid licence/permit which licences the person to drive such a vehicle and must be in order prior to any training taking place".

We recently had an off in our compound which resulted in the following
    Bike written off
    Rider OK
    Insurance required a copy of the riders learner permit and pre-training checks form which was signed by instructor & trainee before agreeing to pay out
    RSA informed
    Accident report filled out
    Documents checked to be in order.

It is not until something like this happens that you realize why these rules are in place.
    Imagine what would happen if we had accepted a receipt or the rider had got injured. Touch wood this won't happen again but it's our first in 17 years so not too bad.

994034_552329591515750_347554_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

@roadskill

dammit, would have done with that nose cone a few weeks ago. red and all!

/offtopic

hope the rider was ok!

• Advertisement

Called them today and they said it was processed but could still not tell how much longer it would be:mad: told me to wait another 2 weeks. Aaarrrgggghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4 himevendi

OMG!!! And i was worried when i will get mine! i applied only on 29th of November, does it mean that i will get mine in like month or more? 0.O its insane, i waited for 9 weeks now, and i cant start learning how to drive, i am forgetting all her rules now!

himevendi wrote: »
    OMG!!! And i was worried when i will get mine! i applied only on 29th of November, does it mean that i will get mine in like month or more? 0.O its insane, i waited for 9 weeks now, and i cant start learning how to drive, i am forgetting all her rules now!

Call the NDLS and ask what the story is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

himevendi wrote: »

Thats feckin lousy

• Registered Users Posts: 7 davefitz27

Just got mine in the door today. 3 week wait so not too bad.

well, now i feel that something is wrong with mine... will call them tomorrow and see what they will say

...I called 2 weeks ago and they told me that i will get it within 10 working days, which passed last week, its working day number 13, and still nothing... have feeling that i wont get it, ever!

Call them everyday until you get the real story. Keep calling, and if any one of them say it'll be 10 working days again, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Advertisement