Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant for short lunch tomorrow on north side

Options
  • 03-12-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Gonna be in Cork tomorrow. Meeting someone for lunch but don't have allot of time so restaurant needs to be around Summerhill/McCurtain street area.

Price isn't an issue.

I've booked Isaacs but I'm reading varying review.

Anyone recommend something more suitable/better? What's the best that part of Cork has to offer :)

Quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

quad_red wrote: »
    Gonna be in Cork tomorrow. Meeting someone for lunch but don't have allot of time so restaurant needs to be around Summerhill/McCurtain street area.

Price isn't an issue.

I've booked Isaacs but I'm reading varying review.

Anyone recommend something more suitable/better? What's the best that part of Cork has to offer :)

Quad

Isaacs is lovely - Star Anise on Bridge street, if they're open, is also really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Isaacs is great. In my opinion far better than Star Anise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks evilivor.

Looking for someplace that isn't very loud or tight. Where ye can chat easily.

Is Isaacs that sort of place?

Cheers,
    Quad

quad_red wrote: »
    Thanks evilivor.

Looking for someplace that isn't very loud or tight. Where ye can chat easily.

Is Isaacs that sort of place?

Cheers,
    Quad

Isaacs is perfect - my favourite room in Cork. Lovely staff, nice food. If you wish to be more discrete you can go into the back area but I love the main space.

You won't get anywhere better in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Green's (behind Isaacs) is very nice, but I don't know if it's open for lunch. If open, it'd be quiet and not very busy.

Edit - just checked their site, and they are open from 12:30 on week days.

Green's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

+ 1 for Isaacs though as an alternative I'd be heading for Annie's - a while since I was there though.

RoyMcC wrote: »
    + 1 for Isaacs though as an alternative I'd be heading for Annie's - a while since I was there though.

Not exactly "Summerhill/McCurtain street area" though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

evilivor wrote: »
    Not exactly "Summerhill/McCurtain street area" though.

Yup, only saw the 'north side' bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Just an update, went to Isaacs in the end. 'Twas ideal. Fast service, nice staff, plenty of room. Had a lovely beef salad. Nom.

Cheers boardsies!

Advertisement