Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posting within Ireland and trading etiquette ?

• 03-12-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering if I'd be ok to send my Franchi shotty over to Clare from Dublin? Should I package it or declare it in any way? And what's the story with trades , is it just an honour/trust system that he sends me his gun?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Don't think u need to declare it i didn't sending a pistol.Ye its a bit tricky sending and not meeting up not as much he won't send the gun but is it in the condition he said it was.I traded a pistol awhile back for a shotty and was told it was never used.Ha i got it and it wouldn't fire 15ft ended up that the unit that holds the 3 barrels was smashed and it lost power.I had it fixed in 2 mins as i had one for spares.Since that i will never post guns again its either meet up or nothing.This is all on my experience and my opion.There is alot of sound guys on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

It really depends what you feel comfortable with, I've bought alot off boards over the years and 90% has been posted
    You shouldn't have to declare it but if you want, you can send registered post with a specific value and if anything happens An Post will pay for damages (if it happened while in transit)
    It really is an honour system and it may not be much but we do operate a user feedback thread and it's worth reading that if the poster is mentioned and give feedback to the rest of the community on how things went to help us all in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd advise registered post and that is it. Typically An Post national post does not go through scanning, as it is put through to next day delivery.

Never had an issue posting airsoft stuff myself, and I've posted plenty in my time

Advertisement