If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini H

Options
  • 04-12-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys would like to enquire re a price & availability of a bundle on the UK site: 

Onkyo CRN755, Dali ZENSOR 1 & Harman Kardon BTA10

I will also need speaker stands OR wall-mounts and a recommendation on good speaker cabling.

It will be my first foray into "decent" Hi Fi kit and I'm going the networking route as opposed to AV Receiver / AMP as I want to play CD's and access my Spotify account. I have a Samsung TV and Blue-Ray DVD and a cheap pair of MAudio speakers right now - I'd like to connec the TV & DVD through the Onkyo if possible. I can't really figure out from all the info if I need an amp with this ? Perhaps you could let me know ? If it's key one such as the Cambridge Topaz AM5 looks good.

All in all I'm looking to get as close to €500 as possible. I realise the AMP will be more....

Appreicate any advice on the getting the best set-up for that ball-park. Am perfectly open to clearnace offers as I dont feel compelled to have to have the latest and greatest.

Thanks
    Niall (living in Dublin)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Niall, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately we are out of stock of the CRN755 and at the moment we do not ship this system as stock is particularly tight.

We can try and get one in but it would need to be collected from the store.

Speakers and BTA10 are in stock.

I take it the CD playback and other features on the Onkyo unit was something that you liked as I may be able to recommend an alternative ?

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nobeards

Unfortunately we are out of stock of the CRN755 and at the moment we do not ship this system as stock is particularly tight.

I take it the CD playback and other features on the Onkyo unit was something that you liked as I may be able to recommend an alternative ?

ATB

Dave
    Yes David am open to suggestions. One thing very important is that I get access to spotify, either on the unit itself, or via bluetooth with PC.
    I do not own an IPOD any longer, have a blackberry as my work device, but again can invest in IPOD if there is a great deal to be had on something like the newer Marantz's etc.
    Lastly I could drive to Belfast to collect if it makes sense.....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Nobeards wrote: »

ATB

Dave
    Yes David am open to suggestions. One thing very important is that I get access to spotify, either on the unit itself, or via bluetooth with PC.
    I do not own an IPOD any longer, have a blackberry as my work device, but again can invest in IPOD if there is a great deal to be had on something like the newer Marantz's etc.
    Lastly I could drive to Belfast to collect if it makes sense.....
    NoBeards,

How about the really cute ( and great sounding ) Denon Piccolo DRAN5? This is wifi, with Spotify & Airplay & DLNA and its got a direct USB input - if you wanted this with the excellent Monitor Audio BX1 speakers AND the Harman Kardon Bluetooth receiver ( just to cover all options) we can discount that package down from £469 to £349.95/ €429, and its available in Black & white!

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/product-detail.aspx?catid=Systems&subid=NetworkMusicSystems&productid=dran5

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-bx/bx1/

If you wanted to go up a little the Teac CRH700 is stunning value at £319.95 and again it has Airplay and you should be able to stream your Spotify via your PC as it's DLNA certified - we can do it with the Monitor Audio BX1 at £419.95 / €499.99 ( I'm just squeezing the exchange rate to make that one fit :D ) the main difference over the Piccolo of course is that the CRH700 includes a CD player.

You can connect your TV to either of these units - on the CRH700 you will have to use the Analogue inputs - however on the Little Denon you can use the Analogue inputs - but it also has optical input which means (assuming you TV has an opti output) that it will sound Smiles better!

Thanks again and kep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John Mc for the suggestions.
    I'm probably more intersted in the origional set of kit I had asked for so I'll give the store a call next week to discuss further.

Niall

Thanks John Mc for the suggestions.
    I'm probably more intersted in the origional set of kit I had asked for so I'll give the store a call next week to discuss further.

Niall
    Nobeards,

unfortunately the CRN755 is still outt of stock and I dont have a restock date at the moment - but please do drop us a line if we can help or if you have any other ideas,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Guys, ordered my kit on thursday and it arrived on Friday PM. :)
    Very happy customer - had a lot of fun over the weekend.

Thanks for all the help, advice and putting the overall deal together for me. Love the Marantz + Dali combo!

Guys, ordered my kit on thursday and it arrived on Friday PM. :)
    Very happy customer - had a lot of fun over the weekend.

Thanks for all the help, advice and putting the overall deal together for me. Love the Marantz + Dali combo!
    Nobeards,

manymanymany thanks for taking the time to post - its brill when Customers take the time to post and we really appreciate it.

Hope you have many years happy use out of your system - its a really nice combo and should sound great!

Thanaks again and keep us posted if we can ever assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.