Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help with Graphic Design

Options
  • 04-12-2013 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi I want to do up a sign for my shop. I have zero in terms of paying a graphic designer for the sign, it's a simple information sign.

does anyone know of a website that I could copy and paste the information to and it would fancy it up a bit? I've tried wordle but to no avail.

Anyone any other ideas, anything I do on word is very basic looking.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Take your idea to the person doing the sign they'll usually knock something up for you. Just look at fonts you like. Start here http://www.1001fonts.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iamafoodie

I am the person doing the sign. It's not really a font issue for me, I usually use word and I have bought fonts on occassion but it ends up taking me hours and to be honest it still looks pretty bad!!
    It's a very small business so I do most jobs I'm afraid, Jack of all trades master of none!!

Thanks and I am appreciative on your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

There are some great links to inexpensive design services on this thread, not for signs but the same overall topic!! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87638162

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

depending on how big this sign needs to be you may need some proper software so it doesn't look bad at full size. Blowing up and A4 word file wont do the trick. It its just an A4 sign or A3 then its probably going to be OK.

Just bear in mind the impact of a bad signage on a business if it looks less than professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

iamafoodie wrote: »
    Hi I want to do up a sign for my shop. I have zero in terms of paying a graphic designer for the sign, it's a simple information sign.

does anyone know of a website that I could copy and paste the information to and it would fancy it up a bit? I've tried wordle but to no avail.

Anyone any other ideas, anything I do on word is very basic looking.
    Thanks in advance

The question I have is how important is your brand? In the ideal world you ought really to get a designer to look at it. However, in terms of being practical.

There are a number of open source image manipulation programs out there which are straightforward to use and you can use a wide variety of fonts.

Dafont.com sticks out as one such website where you can get a fancy font for your sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

http://www.fivesquids.co.uk/categories/Graphics

Have a look at the site above and see if you can find what you need for a fiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iamafoodie

I think I didn't make myself clear. It's a just an information sign for my shop. A4 or A3 I was hoping to copy and paste it into something like wordle.com and a decent look comes back to me. It just takes me forever on word.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

iamafoodie wrote: »
    I think I didn't make myself clear. It's a just an information sign for my shop. A4 or A3 I was hoping to copy and paste it into something like wordle.com and a decent look comes back to me. It just takes me forever on word.

Thanks

Maybe it's not as simple a job as you think it is. Pay someone to do it. There's a link above to people that will do it for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Perhaps you could offer a deal, a discount or something in terms of what product or service you offer for some assistance.. a fair trade...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Piriz wrote: »
    Perhaps you could offer a deal, a discount or something in terms of what product or service you offer for some assistance.. a fair trade...

I'd be happy to barter expertise for some discount/product.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

What's the product and what's the deal you can offer? i'm not looking for it myself but you need to invite people to strike a deal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement