Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP5 Drum Mag

• 04-12-2013 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

Craic lads, just wondering, can you get an drum mag for an MP5, ive looked and had no look as off yet. Any help would be much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Searching...

Yeah they are not bad bits of kit, only problem is you tend to go through a lot more ammo..........

thermo wrote: »
    Yeah they are not bad bits of kit, only problem is you tend to go through a lot more ammo..........

Totally worth it with one of these :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

Hobby Airsoft use to stock double stack 850rd electric mags if that may interest you also but is 850 Rd any competition against 2500 rds? I son think so!!! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

thermo wrote: »
    I have to laugh at the tag line on top of the page over that "Equipped Like Real"
    Ha!

mhm921.jpg
    You can get them for a real mp5 so, why not? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

This makes me sad.

NakedDex wrote: »
    This makes me sad.

what if we made you a c-mag to fit an airsoft china lake pump action grenade launcher?

I don't even use a box mag on my M249, nevermind SMG's, and that's on the list of acceptable uses for box mags.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen that gun in a while. I wonder where I left it...

• Advertisement

Haters gonna hate,,,,,,,,,,,,,, potatos gonna potate,,,,,,,

Someone has to stand for decency, honour, and good whiskey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

NakedDex wrote: »
    Someone has to stand for decency, honour, and good whiskey.

There is nothing more glorious then seeing Dex with his 249 using STANAG's, it's a beautiful thing.

I'd agree that MP5 and a drum mag would make me weep. Thankfully boxmags, and drum mags on things other then designated LMG's seems to have all but dissapeared from weekend games. And that's a good thing.

Considering it's the questions forum, can I ask why your thinking of going with drum mag onto your MP5?

TheDoc wrote: »
    There is nothing more glorious then seeing Dex with his 249 using STANAG's, it's a beautiful thing.

I'd agree that MP5 and a drum mag would make me weep. Thankfully boxmags, and drum mags on things other then designated LMG's seems to have all but dissapeared from weekend games. And that's a good thing.

Considering it's the questions forum, can I ask why your thinking of going with drum mag onto your MP5?

I only have a few mids as i play indoor so im going to get this for outdoor

I only have a few mids as i play indoor so im going to get this for outdoor

MIDS are perfect. The transition to outdoor doesn't directly = more ammo. In some cases, playing indoor leads to more use of ammo. Kinda depends on the site and the players.

I'd advise sticking with midcaps to be honest, especially with an MP5. They are cheap enough, and you can stack a fair few of them into pouches. You can also tape two together for that quick reload.

I'm only saying it because if you move into outdoor, one of the critical components to your own play will be how you deal with reloading. Being accurate and fast is a REALLY good skill to have. I think removing it entirely, by just ahving high capacity, would only just hold yourself back from becoming a better player.

And there is also the debate that if everyone had high capacity drum mags etc, airsoft would be totally ****. Reloading is a critical component for gameplay, in that when someone dispenses their mag capacity's, there is downtime for the opposing force to move positions, or put you under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Glad nobody has brought up the M1 Garand C Mag

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lillian2608

I agree with the concept of the midcaps adding to realism. Otherwise you may as well all be equipped with LMGs in the supression role. I'm new to this but spent a long time in the army. I would have loved to have a 200 rd mag on any gun. 100 on the Gimpy was the closest I got. Having said that, my daughter is just gonna want midcaps cos she loves practicing the mag changes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Gatling wrote: »
    Glad nobody has brought up the M1 Garand C Mag

what?

And midcaps because mag changes are fun, especially mid firefight (not so much fun when you just started firing at someone and gave your position away).

I also found that midcaps can help reduce the amount of ammo you use per game. You have less ammo on hand so you will want to waste less.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lillian2608

I think the M1 reference was to it having only 8 rounds in the real steel version. I agree, you keep the fire discipline up with midcaps, but you should still have an idea of how many rounds you have fired. I try to keep a mental count close to what I fire and after 30+ with hicaps, change and rewind the dead mag whenever I can to enable a quick change back. I dont trust my count though!! It used to be the case that we would change mags after 1 less than the max capacity to prevent recocking but that is hard to do if you dont know the spring will keep a feed going. Nothing worse than a 'CLICK' when you thought you had at least five rounds left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Counting is better for low caps and pistols. I usually judge my mids based off use. I always like to change before a game or during a quiet moment so i am ready for the not so quiet times.

A gbbr would have a better capacity to count rounds as it is closer to real steel capacity. Airsoft mids have 80-100 so going by feel whether you are close to empty is better than counting. Also airsoft has more full auto and high ammo usage and reserves than real steel so shot counting can be harder and not as necessary.

• Advertisement

PLus one of the nicest reloads you can have is with an Mp5, I always hold regrets selling guns and my MP5K is a big regret, I just loved how that gun handled and reloaded.

TheDoc wrote: »

Epic lawls. Much brap. So reload. Wow.

Advertisement