Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB to AIB transfer taking 2+ days

Options
  • 04-12-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

My dad transfered 20 euro into my AIB account from his,he does it all the time to cover various expenses like rent/money for food.

Yesterday he put in 20 euro,i logged into my account which was at 0.45( Black friday was heavy on my account :P) and it showed 9.45 and hour later 10.45 and still no 20? What gives,im gona ring AIB tomorrow but maybe someone could explain this in the mean time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Yedya wrote: »
    My dad transfered 20 euro into my AIB account from his,he does it all the time to cover various expenses like rent/money for food.

Yesterday he put in 20 euro,i logged into my account which was at 0.45( Black friday was heavy on my account :P) and it showed 9.45 and hour later 10.45 and still no 20? What gives,im gona ring AIB tomorrow but maybe someone could explain this in the mean time?

Transfers such be instant, and the Phone/Internet Banking support is 24/7 if you want to call now.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Transfers such be instant, and the Phone/Internet Banking support is 24/7 if you want to call now.

The phone support isn't 24 hour, you won't get to speak to anyone at this time of night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The phone support isn't 24 hour, you won't get to speak to anyone at this time of night.

I know the actually Phone/Internet service goes down for a few hours every night, but they normally answer the phone even then, unless it changed recently.

It's certainly working just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I know the actually Phone/Internet service goes down for a few hours every night, but they normally answer the phone even then, unless it changed recently.

It's certainly working just now.

Phone and Internet normally does down at about 4am. There will be someone there now if you call.

Phone and Internet normally does down at about 4am. There will be someone there now if you call.

I just rang it there now out of curiosity and it was closed.

OP what does it say in your 'pending' transactions? And what time did your dad do the transfer?

Then again it could be due to a delay due to all the screw ups with the SEPA introduction. We've had terrible trouble in work getting payments processed due to SEPA and I imagine this could be having a knock on effect to processing times?

• Advertisement

OP what does it say in your 'pending' transactions? And what time did your dad do the transfer?

Then again it could be due to a delay due to all the screw ups with the SEPA introduction. We've had terrible trouble in work getting payments processed due to SEPA and I imagine this could be having a knock on effect to processing times?

I've just been on talking to someone after I sent that message. They are def open.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

It says 20 added,I had to borrow 20 off one of my friends.He sent 20 in and in went instantaneously

What number did you use?

I've just been on talking to someone after I sent that message. They are def open.

That's weird so! Maybe they just don't want to talk to me and I'm on some sort of black list acos I have so little money in the account!! :p

It says 20 added,I had to borrow 20 off one of my friends.He sent 20 in and in went instantaneously

What number did you use?

Dam 48 won't let me call it,I'll try skype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Is there any possibility you were gone 9euro or so overdrawn and that's why your account is now only crediting up to 10euro odd after the 20euro lodgement.

No I can't overdraw my account. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

No I can't overdraw my account. :confused:
    call into any branch and they will go through your ledger. However they cannot give you any details re your dads transfer, he will have to ask them to put a trace on the payment

Advertisement