Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Science UCD

Options
  • 04-12-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi, sorry if this question has been posted already

I want to do science in UCD next year and was wondering if in year 2 when choosing the 2-3 subjects to study, can i pick subjects from different streams? Like, I want to do genetics, neuroscience and physics, but because physics isn't in the BBB stream I'm not sure if i can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anagramish

Yes. It's done on a module system so you just pick the modules you want to do. The streams are just which modules are your core ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

I'm fairly sure you'd be only allowed to pick two streams, so physics and lets say genetics or neuroscience.. but then with your options and elective choices you could pick core modules from the other stream that you didn't pick so that you're qualified to take that stream to stage 3 (third year)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 massive_midget

Hello, 4th year neuro slave here in the middle of exams! PM me If you'd like info.

Advertisement