Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harvey Norman - so called 'online' store

• 04-12-2013 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

First of all - this is NOT a regular online store as many others. See online sale terms
    link: http://www.harveynorman.ie/corporate-information/online-sale-terms.html

"Order" means an offer made by you in response to an invitation to treat made by Harvey Norman via the website.
    and
    Representations of goods or services for sale made by Harvey Norman via the website do not constitute an offer to sell but an invitation to treat.

Next thing - Cyber Monday... I bought something this Monday, and AFTER the checkout I was presented with information that within 24h (!) I will get confirmation if my order was accepted.

Tuesday afternoon (more than 24h after purchase) I got an email, that apart from other information, states:
    If you are still awaiting a order confirmation email please be assured that our team are working through those now, this confirmation will be with you in the next 24 hours.

And Tuesday late night I got another email:
    Thank you for your email, I can confirm we have received your order and all orders are being processed at present due to high volumes of orders we are experiencing delays but you will receive an order confirmation in the next 48hrs and the store will then contact you regarding stock availability and delivery.

Summary:
    I purchased stuff on Harvey Norman website Monday midday, is Wednesday morning and I was just told that it could be Thursday night until I will be assured that offer was accepted and goods were really purchased. That is the 'online shopping' by Harvey Norman. Never ever.

Have a good day everybody :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

whats the problem here? I bought an iPad mini from them and yes i would have liked to have my order conf by now but as they said in the emails i received as well, they were overwhelmed by the cyber monday response and are working thru the orders...

they even put a message up on their homepage saying they are working thru the orders - they must have underestimated how many people knew about cyber monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 msq

What is the problem here?
    Well... I'm kind a stuck with them at the moment. A few good offers around for the stuff I'm interested in and still enough time to purchase it and get delivered before Christmas. I wasn't prepared for locking a few hindered euros with HN for a few days, being unable to move - cancel or just wait for delivery.
    But most of all - such a big retailer is processing orders MANUALLY. That is shocking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bstoran

Same here.

Bought a laptop on Monday, said I would pick it up at my local store (where it was in stock) to speed up the process. I've gotten one email saying that they have received my 'offer'. I've paid over €1000 and I can't go pick it up where I know it is in stock? Ridiculous

... and 48hrs gone, money taken from my account and no confirmation from HN. At this stage it looks like one of the online crimes: bargain >> online payment >> emails about delay >>silence....

Money taken from my card this Tuesday and finally today - after a few phone calls - I got an email saying...

Regrettably we are experiencing a slight delay with the processing of your order. We estimate that your item(s) listed below will be ready in approximately 10 days. Once the item(s) is in stock we will contact you to immediately to avoid any further delay.

If that would be purchased on Amazon, then:
    - money taken from the card once item is AVAILABLE and ready to go
    - purchased on Monday will be delivered today or early next week.

Will never ever spend a penny in this store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Was just about to order from HN, lucky I had a scan on here first. Too close to Christmas for that messin around, very unprofessional

Order cancelled on Saturday, money appeared back on my card today.
    Stuff ordered on Amazon, scheduled for delivery this Friday.
    Lesson is learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Bought something 'online' Thursday. Was assured by 3 separate Harvey Norman sales people beforehand that if I bought it then I would have it Saturday. Got a call the next Monday (yesterday) arranging delivery for this Saturday.

More fool me for believing them. And now I have a dishwasher on the path beside the front door for a week. I'd day the neighbours are just thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cke

Bought an ipad air on cyber Monday, they still cant tell me when the item will be available. Their blaming apple for not telling them when stock will be shipped. Did anyone else order one and have you been told when it will be ready?

Advertisement