Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra xbox one controller and charger

Options
  • 04-12-2013 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

I'm ordering an additional xbox one controller.
    Am I better ordering just the controller, or the controller with Play & Charge Kit?
    Or is there a separate charge kit that can keep two batteries charged?

Finally where would Santa get it if he needed to replenish his stock ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

biebiebie wrote: »
    I'm ordering an additional xbox one controller.
    Am I better ordering just the controller, or the controller with Play & Charge Kit?
    Or is there a separate charge kit that can keep two batteries charged?

Finally where would Santa get it if he needed to replenish his stock ;)
    Someone posted on here that they got a bundle in hmv for 55 euros, or there abouts. May have been 59.99. But still way cheaper then gs or other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Was that bundle when buying a console do you know?
    Just asking as I just looked on their website and see - Xbox One Controller Play & Charge Kit €74.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Possible alternative - I got myself one of these instead of a play and charge kit.

Batteries will give around 15 hours more game play, will charge quicker, and it came about 2e cheaper than the play and charge kit. Also it will keep two controllers on the go easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Wow the controller takes 2 X AA batteries?!

I already have a fast battery charger and some rechargeable batteries lying around. So it sounds like I don't need any other charges then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Better still if you have a charger already:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/7dayshop-Capacity-Performance-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B003DUAEKA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386152719&sr=1-1&keywords=7dayshop

Excellent batteries, I use them for everything. Never again with the play and charge things, they don't hold much of a charge after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah it takes either batteries or a play and charge kit. Stick to batteries if you have rechargeables already!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Possible alternative - I got myself one of these instead of a play and charge kit.

Batteries will give around 15 hours more game play, will charge quicker, and it came about 2e cheaper than the play and charge kit. Also it will keep two controllers on the go easily.

you'd pick them up in woodies or b&q for cheaper than that, I got a set in our local homevalue hardware for €16

Advertisement