Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish to Spanish Bank money transfer

Options
  • 04-12-2013 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I have booked an apartment in Spain and I need to send payment to the apartment owner as it was a private booking done online.

I received an e-mail from the apartment owner and apparently they are unable to take the deposit from my credit card as their system is down.

I have been asked to transfer the deposit (€65) directly into their account.

Does anyone know how to transfer money from a BOI account to a Spanish Company?

Would I bet better off doing a Western Union transfer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

you just need to know their iban and bic and then you make the transfer and then......
    In order to make a money transfer online or via your mobile banking app you must first register the payee account details online. Once registered, the easiest way to transfer money is to use 'Quick Transfer' tool located on the '365 Home' screen. For more information see the Transferring Money video in the 365 online demo.
    http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/product-queries/365-online-phone-mobile/money-transfer/

either that or go into a branch and fill out the form for a transfer which probably will cost a few euros seeing as you are bothering staff with stuff that is free (or minmal cost) online.

from early next year you'll be using iban and bic for irish transfers too so there will be no difference between making a domestic or eurozone transfer then in any way

Advertisement