Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structutal Engineer/Surveyor

• 04-12-2013 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi lads
    We have a problem with damp/structural cracks in our house which is only 7years old.Can't locate the engineer we used at the time.
    House was built direct labour so can't go back to the builder.
    So want to have it looked at to get advice so be great if anyone could suggest an engineer or surveyor I could contct around Limerick.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I can highly recommend Simon Touhy
    http://www.tmbuildingdesigns.com/index.html

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Thanks. Had you a similar issue or do you just know him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I had structural issues with a house and engaged Austin Dennany of Dennany Reidy. Can highly recommend him.

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Thanks. Had you a similar issue or do you just know him.

Not a similar issue. Just used him when I was purchasing a house.

Thanks lads.
    Looked at there websites and they seem to be very big outfits.Would they look at something like my problem ?
    Any idea what kind of prices they would charge to come out take a look and do up a report with guidelines to rectify the issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Why not ring them and ask? I'm sure they will give you a rough price.

Thanks lads.
    Looked at there websites and they seem to be very big outfits.Would they look at something like my problem ?
    Any idea what kind of prices they would charge to come out take a look and do up a report with guidelines to rectify the issues.

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Thanks lads.

Well my job was quite small and he had no issue doing it. I genuinely cannot remember how much I paid for the survey. As Bazz said just give them a quick call and you'll soon know.

bazz26 wrote: »

Just waiting on a reply. Thanks

bazz26 wrote: »

Just waiting on a reply. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement