Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value on beer in Dublin pubs on Wed?

Options
  • 04-12-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭

I have a favour to ask.

I will be in Dublin on Wed 11-Dec. I would like to visit some pubs, probably from 4-9pm.

I would like to drink "craft" beer.

I am looking for value.

I know about the J.W. Sweetman house beers, and I have been in that pub before.

Q1. Can somebody confirm: 4.00 or 4.50 for JW Sweetman house beers?

Q2. Any other offer like this on a Wed in Dublin city centre?

I don't want to pay 5+, I would prefer to pay 4.00 per pint, maybe 4.50.

I have heard something about Farringdon's, but no details?

The Gingerman - any offers??

The Bull and Castle - did I read something about 4 euro pints?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

B&C do €4 pints Mon-Wed

57 The Headline pouring Bo Bristle IPA for €4 at the moment

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Sweetman beers are now €4.50 but they have a rotating beer of the week for €4.

Bull and Castle have O'Hara's Stout, Buckleys Golden ale, Galway Hooker and Metalman Pale Ale for €4.

Porterhouse also has a €4 pint on every day of the week but it's not well advertised. You might need to confirm this.

Not sure about Farringtons but I'm pretty sure they don't do any great deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Drunken Destrier

Porterhouse is always affordable, much more than it has anyright to be when it's in Temple Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Dublin-specific thread - moved from B&W&S.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

MacTurkails have pints for 3.50 midweek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Black Sheep on Capel St has a massive selection of craft beers and ridiculously good food! Beers range from about €4.50 all the way up to €30 (must be some bottle of beer for thirty bucks!) its not far from Temple Bar either so nice and central. If you happen to be from Galway its part of Galway Bay Brewery group that have Oslo, Salt House, Cottage bar etc around Galway/Salthill.

jimmii wrote: »
    Black Sheep on Capel St has a massive selection of craft beers and ridiculously good food! Beers range from about €4.50 all the way up to €30 (must be some bottle of beer for thirty bucks!) its not far from Temple Bar either so nice and central. If you happen to be from Galway its part of Galway Bay Brewery group that have Oslo, Salt House, Cottage bar etc around Galway/Salthill.

That's cheap how?

chopper6 wrote: »

That's craft beer how?

That's cheap how?

Its not cheap (you seem to be confusing cheap and value) it starts at the range the OP was looking for and is a craft beer pub which is exactly what they were asking for. Macturcaills on the other hand....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

irish_goat wrote: »

Not sure about Farringtons but I'm pretty sure they don't do any great deals.

Farringtons is pricey, no good deals to be had there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Since when? Their prices have gone up steadily in the last couple of years. I also suspect that they don't clean their lines frequently enough.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I also suspect that they don't clean their lines frequently enough.

It's the breweries who look after the line cleaning, not the pub.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Since when? Their prices have gone up steadily in the last couple of years. I also suspect that they don't clean their lines frequently enough.

Guessing they just looked on publin the blurb bit says €3.50 all pints then the price list below says €4 all pints Tuborg €3.60! Guess its been a while since the page was updated though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Probus on Fenian Street have an amazing collection of beer. They do food as well, its more an off licence so good value as well as you just pay a percentage on top of offy prices if you want to drink in.

Should mention it shuts at 9pm, but check their page. I'm pretty sure most bottles of beer are under €4.

https://www.facebook.com/www.probuswines.ie

Guessing they just looked on publin the blurb bit says €3.50 all pints then the price list below says €4 all pints Tuborg €3.60! Guess its been a while since the page was updated though.

I must confess i havnt been in the place in a while but they *used* to have 3.50 pints midweek.

Anyway,3.60 for Tuborg isn't bad...after all 10 million danes can't be wrong!

And anybody who pays 30 quid for a pint of beer(craft or not) not only needs thier head examined but they also need a good kicking for being a show-off!

I must confess i havnt been in the place in a while but they *used* to have 3.50 pints midweek.

Anyway,3.60 for Tuborg isn't bad...after all 10 million danes can't be wrong!

And anybody who pays 30 quid for a pint of beer(craft or not) not only needs thier head examined but they also need a good kicking for being a show-off!

Yeh I totally agree I couldn't believe it when I saw the price on the list its ridiculous only a 650ml bottle too not like you get a few litres or something! Turburg seem to be doing a lot of promotion on the value side seen a few places with posters in the window with around that price on it not a bad beer either!

Yeh I totally agree I couldn't believe it when I saw the price on the list its ridiculous only a 650ml bottle too not like you get a few litres or something! Turburg seem to be doing a lot of promotion on the value side seen a few places with posters in the window with around that price on it not a bad beer either!

Tuborg is mostly sold as a loss leader at the moment which is a pity because IMO it's far superior to Heartburn Cralsberg or Pisswater Heineken.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Turburg seem to be doing a lot of promotion on the value side seen a few places with posters in the window with around that price on it not a bad beer either!
    Diageo seems to have decided to present it as the budget version of Carlsberg. In Denmark there's no status difference between the brands, even though they're made by the same company.

Tuborg is mostly sold as a loss leader at the moment which is a pity because IMO it's far superior to Heartburn Cralsberg or Pisswater Heineken.

Yeh I can't stand those either happy to drink a loss leader while they're doing it thats for sure!!

BeerNut wrote: »
    Diageo seems to have decided to present it as the budget version of Carlsberg. In Denmark there's no status difference between the brands, even though they're made by the same company.

Sure everyone here is so hung up on brands. Better for people are willing to try something a little bit different.

• Advertisement

Sure everyone here is so hung up on brands. Better for people are willing to try something a little bit different.

Look at Budweiser...the least beer-tasting liqiuid ever devised and yet it's all certain kinds of people will drink.

Look at Budweiser...the least beer-tasting liqiuid ever devised and yet it's all certain kinds of people will drink.

Yeh ridiculous one place I go Bud is €1 a pint more than Fosters which also tastes of nothing but people still buy Bud because you know its the King of beers and stuff and Jay-Z does the advert if they drink it then its like they're friends with Jay-Z.

Yeh ridiculous one place I go Bud is €1 a pint more than Fosters which also tastes of nothing but people still buy Bud because you know its the King of beers and stuff and Jay-Z does the advert if they drink it then its like they're friends with Jay-Z.

Up my way the scrotes pay a fortune for it in the offies to look cool...eventhough all they're doing is drinking it in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Up my way the scrotes pay a fortune for it in the offies to look cool...eventhough all they're doing is drinking it in a field.

Budweiser= Cool? =Does not compute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Probably a bit late but The Beerhouse up at the top of Capel St does 8 Degrees Sunburnt and something else I can't remember for €4. They also do pizza and a pint for €11 and its proper pizza from some pizza place down the road as opposed to frozen pizza. Not sure if that is every night though.

Beerhouse is a nice spot too its only about 50m from Black Sheep so if you are around for a few hours you could get them both in. At lunch time the Pizza & Pint offer is €7 too which is superb value. Its new and still finding its feet but the guys running it are really nice and they get some good bands playing there too.

Advertisement