Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Everton Match Thread. k/o 19.45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also for those calling for Moyes out, have a look at yourselves, sham fans

Only 12 points off the pace with no win in our last 3 and the gap widening :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Man United 0-1 Everton
    MOTD presenter Gary Lineker
    "Yowzer! Everton have gone ahead against Manchester United. David Moyes might finally see Everton win at Old Trafford."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Empty stadium now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Moyes should be sacked after this.

Give it a break man. For christ sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Red Crow wrote: »
    Everton have a young superstar called Romelu Lukaku. That's the difference but Roberto Martinez will take the credit. Let's give Martinez a few years before we draw any conclusions. Everton are a poor side without Lukaku.

They've conceded 4 or 5 less than utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fellaini, fck off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Sacramento wrote: »
    Moyes set up gave us every chance to win today, there were glaring individual misses and mistakes that meant we lost it. It's not Moyes to blame for today's defeat.

Keeping Welbeck on for 80 mins? Taking off Shinji ? Go away out of that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

gosplan wrote: »
    They've conceded 4 or 5 less than utd.

Who said United were any good? Too many overpaid passengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Don`t bite to the obsessives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sacramento wrote: »
    Moyes set up gave us every chance to win today, there were glaring individual misses and mistakes that meant we lost it. It's not Moyes to blame for today's defeat.

Poor Bollocks

Playing a ****ing average player Like welbeck instead of nani is a disgrace.
    Waiting so long to put chico on when we need a ****ing goal is disgracful.

The man is making a mockery of a team that won the PL last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Thoroughly deserved by Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

LOL at Everton relying on Lukaku. He's awesome but he compliments a nice balanced team on paper. Easily top 7 in terms of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Moyes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Disgraceful post.

It was only a little joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Whats the time frame real fans can start to call for his head so? 2 seasons? 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

mike65 wrote: »
    How's it going lads?

you are really bad at doing that. give it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

2 from a possible 9 over the last 3 games. That has to be the nail in the coffin of the title chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Well I can see this thread is a bundle of joy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd rather we stumble our way through this season to mount a challenege next year, then turn into a joke club like Chelsea or City who chop and change their manager every year looking for instant success.

The story is there, if you want to fall of the face of the planet trophy wise, then make rash decisions with managers.

Call for Moyes all you want, I'd expect him to be there for a number of years, so the muppets calling for him out best just deal with it.

It's more embarrasing then the players performances to be fair. They have been ****ing rotten, and they need a swift kick up the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

How's it going lads?

I feel like how Liverpool fans have been feeling for the last 7 years.

Some people are loving it anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

any one know why he took off kagawa and raf but left giggs and welbeck on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Keno wrote: »

Ah here, it's not that bad! At least we've won the Premiership a few times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

As a Newcastle fan we have a chance at OT on Saturday. Terrible utd side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

sea_monkey wrote: »
    any one know why he took off kagawa and raf but left giggs and welbeck on?

He doesn't know what he's doing.

Valencia, Fellaini and Welbeck are a disgrace to the United shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

7? It's a bit longer than that believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Headshot wrote: »
    Playing a ****ing average player Like welbeck instead of nani is a disgrace. Waiting so long to put chico on when we need a ****ing goal is disgracful.

Exactly what Ferguson done for the past two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

How's it going lads?

after 85 thousand posts i'm finally ignoring you on this

and no I won't lighten up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Fair play to Everton, delighted for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Can't defend him anymore, this is beyond a joke now. Can't even pick a good starting eleven. Players out of form keep getting picked, negative tactics and an attitude that reeks of well we are hard to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Giggs should be sold of to Plymouth or something for a bit of cash, as should Cleverley and Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What ,delusional ?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

greenman09 wrote: »
    As a Newcastle fan we have a chance at OT on Saturday. Terrible utd side.

And Rooney's suspended for it apparently, so definitely in with a chance there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd rather we stumble our way through this season to mount a challenege next year, then turn into a joke club like Chelsea or City who chop and change their manager every year looking for instant success.

The story is there, if you want to fall of the face of the planet trophy wise, then make rash decisions with managers.

Call for Moyes all you want, I'd expect him to be there for a number of years, so the muppets calling for him out best just deal with it.

It's more embarrasing then the players performances to be fair. They have been ****ing rotten, and they need a swift kick up the hole.

Well, it's kind of the managers job to get them to perform, to make changes when they're needed, to motivate the players and get results. However, there's Valencia and Welbeck playing like **** and still being selected. Relying on a bit of genius from Rooney and some world class saves from De Gea to get results every game is pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Agreed 100%. Look at Liverpool, finally show a bit of patience with a manager and are reaping the benefits currently. Before Barcelona became the best team in the world they were toiling in the UEFA cup for a while lest people forget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

miralize wrote: »
    Empty stadium now

Is this your first time watching a game where united lost at old trafford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Some positives can be taken from the game tonight, we were unlucky and things didn't go our way, going forward we must keep working hard and the results will come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Red Crow wrote: »
    Everton have a young superstar called Romelu Lukaku. That's the difference but Roberto Martinez will take the credit. Let's give Martinez a few years before we draw any conclusions. Everton are a poor side without Lukaku.

Haha what? ... I take it you just watched the game??? Lukaku was poor one of his many miscued passes led to the goal. We absolutely and utterly dominated in midfield. Gareth Barry MOTM

COYB!!!!!

I still say Moyes just isn't able to motivate the players cause they're Fergie's players.

The do well enough in the big matches in Europe. Rooney has his own motivation which is what makes him special but the others just don't do it for Moyes.

You could say that's Moyes problem cause he's the manager. You could say it's the players' problem. I still reckon it was inevitable.

Fergie walks out the door and after that it doesn't matter who walks in. Nobody joined Utd to play under Moyes.

Either losing will motivate them or new players will come in.

This was always going to happen though. Utd fans all said they'd take 4th and a cup run at the beginning of the season, they just don't like watching that happen.

• Advertisement

Fair play Everton, nicely done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Delighted for Martinez :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

The club employ someone to do that. Perhaps the hole kicker needs replacing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Everton fans. Better team won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

gosplan wrote: »
    I still say Moyes just isn't able to motivate the players cause they're Fergie's players.

The do well enough in the big matches in Europe. Rooney has his own motivation which is what makes him special but the others just don't do it for Moyes.

You could say that's Moyes problem cause he's the manager. You could say it's the players' problem. I still reckon it was inevitable.

Fergie walks out the door and after that it doesn't matter who walks in. Nobody joined Utd to play under Moyes.

Either losing will motivate them or new players will come in.

This was always going to happen though. Utd fans all said they'd take 4th and a cup run at the beginning of the season, they just don't like watching that happen.

Problem is, with each passing week, 4th is becoming less and less likely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Zico wrote: »
    The club employ someone to do that. Perhaps the hole kicker needs replacing.

It's tough enough for Moyes taking the biggest job in football, it doesnt need to be made harder by the players being ****ing abject.

Also fair play to Everton by the way, and I'm happy for Martinez. Brendan Rogers has long been riding of his success, and I hope his term at Everton is a fruitful one.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Problem is, with each passing week, 4th is becoming less and less likely!

That's true. The current form is distinctly mid-table.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How's it going lads?
    Don`t bite to the obsessives.

A note to all: no more of this please. There won't be any other warnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Really REALLY feckin enjoyed that!!

Come on You Blues!!

Fantastic game

Fantastic night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Well done Everton fans. Better team won.

That very generous of you. While Everton held their own for long periods of the game there was 10/15 minutes in the second half where United threw everything at them and they just about survived it. Saying that, it was the best midfield performance I've seen from an Everton side in years, players who are not only of capable but encouraged to hold onto the ball.

Advertisement