Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 wifi adaptor cheap?

Options
  • 04-12-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

i know everyone is onto the xbox one but spare a thought for the little guy who still has the 360:D does anyone know where i can get a wifi adaptor for the first gen xbox 360 mine is scrap and looking up prices they are crazy, like half the price of a new 360!:( or if anyone has a working one that they don't need anymore i'm sure we can work something out!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

i know everyone is onto the xbox one but spare a thought for the little guy who still has the 360:D does anyone know where i can get a wifi adaptor for the first gen xbox 360 mine is scrap and looking up prices they are crazy, like half the price of a new 360!:( or if anyone has a working one that they don't need anymore i'm sure we can work something out!:D

€33 new including delivery on eBay HERE

or maybe a better alternative and I would suggest it more would be homeplugs/powerline adaptors and can use them with any other device or console. Can get them in Argos for €38 or on Amazon for €32

Argos link here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd go with the powerline adapters, as said you can use them for other devices/consoles too & I much prefer a hard-wired connection over wi-fi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd go with the powerline adapters, as said you can use them for other devices/consoles too & I much prefer a hard-wired connection over wi-fi

/Points at my adverts ad :P

I was using a set on my old 360 as I had issues with the wifi connection dropping on it, can't say enough good them. Rock solid connection using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

DaLad wrote: »
    €33 new including delivery on eBay HERE

or maybe a better alternative and I would suggest it more would be homeplugs/powerline adaptors and can use them with any other device or console. Can get them in Argos for €38 or on Amazon for €32

Argos link here

huh i never thought of those plug in things i always just assumed they were crap! that might just be the way to go.

huh i never thought of those plug in things i always just assumed they were crap! that might just be the way to go.

Nope they're top notch. As you can see by the other guys comments.

I can say myself they are quality, not one drop in ping or download rates over these like you'd get with WiFi. Just a good connection as you'd get if you'd plug your xbox directly into your router! :cool:

• Advertisement

thanks guys i'll give it a go. now to try and find free plug space behind the tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

thanks guys i'll give it a go. now to try and find free plug space behind the tv

It says explicitly on the instructions not to use them on a power strip. I ignored this advice and they worked absolutely fine, no issues with speed or pings.

Well I got a set of the plug in adaptors in Argos today and I'm really impressed they work a treat money we'll spent. I'm kicking myself I didn't invest in them years ago.

Well I got a set of the plug in adaptors in Argos today and I'm really impressed they work a treat money we'll spent. I'm kicking myself I didn't invest in them years ago.

Yup, I remember seeing them years ago in the argos catalogue with a page of information on how they worked and was REALLY interested in them but thought they'd be on of them things that was better in theory then the real World.

Got them for the first time then last year and delighted with them! I was even cheeky enough to bring them back 11 months later and say they didn't work even though they worked fine and got the newer ones that supported higher speeds lol.

I had 150mb with UPC and for some reason the 200mbps home plugs could only give me 50mbps max no matter what I did so that was sort of the reason they 'didn't work'. Thought they 500mbps ones might have done the trick but nope still at 50, ah well lol. Must be just the set up of the apartment, power line going too far back to a central room in the building or something.

<Rant over> Enjoy your new found product! :D

Advertisement