Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Siver looks like calm personified

Thats because he is a professional and doesnt take to a school boy slagging match like Brandao or Poirier, doesnt mean McGregor is not in his head...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Axwell wrote: »
    Thats because he is a professional and doesnt take to a school boy slagging match like Brandao or Poirier, doesnt mean McGregor is not in his head...

or McGregor

JJayoo wrote: »
    or McGregor

Well its sort of implied McGregor is the other one involved, you cant have a slagging match with yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Axwell wrote: »

He answered quickly and very certainly. Booo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

McGregor fans (mostly Irish it appears) behaving like complete ballbags at the Aldo Boston Q&A.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hEfUdDiko#t=363

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Yurt! wrote: »
    McGregor fans (mostly Irish it appears) behaving like complete ballbags at the Aldo Boston Q&A.....

Meh....Jose seemed to enjoy it. I agree with this youtuber comment:
    III Smokey III5 hours ago

Whats everybodys problem? Aldo didnt have one? If you all spent more time listening and less time bitching you'd hear him repeatedly say he enjoys the energy. Him and Conor are the same in the sense that they both love a crowd like this, whether its for or against them. Conor put up with insult after insult in Brazil and laughed, just like Aldo does here. So crack a ****ing smile and stop trying to be so righteous
    :D

'Kerrazy' drunk Paddies singing and shouting over the MC and translator. Irish sports fans are known for conducting themselves well abroad, this is a complete embarrassment. Leave the trash talk to the fighters, at least McGregor is an accomplished athlete and can back up his insults and mind games in the octagon. Looks like an entire postcode of divs saved up their dole money for the year to fly to Boston thinking they can play comedian and disrespect a world class fighter. And as if other people turned up to the event to listen to their dumb football chants. Again, embarassing that these monkeys are carrying around tricolors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Is Jose moving up to 155 after McGregor knocks him out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

'Kerrazy' drunk Paddies singing and shouting over the MC and translator. Irish sports fans are known for conducting themselves well abroad, this is a complete embarrassment. Leave the trash talk to the fighters, at least McGregor is an accomplished athlete and can back up his insults and mind games in the octagon. Looks like an entire postcode of divs saved up their dole money for the year to fly to Boston thinking they can play comedian and disrespect a world class fighter. And as if other people turned up to the event to listen to their dumb football chants. Again, embarassing that these monkeys are carrying around tricolors.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

What time and linky please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just the way it goes unfortunately. Conor got worse in Brazil.

These Q & A's are generally very messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

CoDy1 wrote: »
    What time and linky please?!

What what and what?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Irish fans abroad at football, rugby, Olympics etc, are exactly the same. There's a stark difference between cheering, chanting, banter and abuse and voilence.
    The high horse attitude is tiresome.

Mellor wrote: »
    Irish fans abroad at football, rugby, Olympics etc, are exactly the same. There's a stark difference between cheering, chanting, banter and abuse and voilence.
    The high horse attitude is tiresome.

Disagree. Irish fans generally don't engage in this type of goading and frankly unsporting intimidatory behaviour, particularly abroad. If Irish fans carried on like this at a similar press event at an Olympics or World Cup I'd be on for taking those plonkers passports away. The girl doing MC was barely able to do her job with the crap. I appreciate McGregor is a different type of Irish athlete and shows a bit less humility is a bit cocky (and good on him for his confidence and success) - that doesn't give these 'dudebros' a licence to disrespect the people running the event or the athlete people are there to listen to. Conor makes a big noise about being Irish, but if this is the class of fan following him around count me out of the bandwagon. Its an embarrassing having a high profile Irish athlete being followed around by people that would be better off sticking to Dalymount Park or outside the bookies smoking Benson in their Celtic jerseys instead of stinking up Ireland's image abroad.

'Heyur Des, did you see me on de tellie in Americuh dere being smart to dat pure fool Jose Aldo, did you hear wat I sed to him did yeh?'

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't very much Aldo was intimidated.
    Also, it's funny that you talk about being embarrassed by the lack of respect shown by the fans, when your post is full of insults and ridiculous bigotry.
    Ok just dont see the need for acting offended on Aldo's behalf, over a bit of carrying on.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

Just the way it goes unfortunately. Conor got worse in Brazil.

These Q & A's are generally very messy.

Yeah all the Brazilian commenters on the videos all have said they take it with good humour (Sayonara E Serginho Faria Jugzz • 6 hours ago: "It's fun and entertaining. I'm Brazilian seriously wait for this fight and the build up to it."). Unfortunately some classist bigots left over from the celtic tiger have to show their small country syndrome from time to time on these boards and talk about being embarrassed over a bit of fun leaving no one physically harmed.

Conor makes a big noise about being Irish, but if this is the class of fan following him around count me out of the bandwagon.

blah blah blah celtic tops blah blah people from stereotypical poverty-stricken areas blah blah

Right you've got your bigoted classist rant out now. Feel free to leave the bandwagon. I would put money on the fact that Conor would have ZERO time to be around a whinger like yourself anyway.

If Conor has a problem with his fans, he'll say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭crybaby

Considering the amount of stick Conor got at his Q&A with the Brazilian I can't say I'm surprised that it was given back to Aldo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

bur wrote: »
    Larry-David-Faints.gif

^^ This

Vegas: Oh Im like a foooking dog now, raging :-(

eta that skanky obnoxious loud Dub that that had Aldo drugs comment was embarassing, hope he's not a fellow boardsie. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

I love how Conor upsets so many people especially the Irish high horse brigade.

Oh he's so cocky and arrogant rabble rabble.

People are so precious these days, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Disagree. Irish fans generally don't engage in this type of goading and frankly unsporting intimidatory behaviour, particularly abroad. If Irish fans carried on like this at a similar press event at an Olympics or World Cup I'd be on for taking those plonkers passports away. The girl doing MC was barely able to do her job with the crap. I appreciate McGregor is a different type of Irish athlete and shows a bit less humility is a bit cocky (and good on him for his confidence and success) - that doesn't give these 'dudebros' a licence to disrespect the people running the event or the athlete people are there to listen to. Conor makes a big noise about being Irish, but if this is the class of fan following him around count me out of the bandwagon. Its an embarrassing having a high profile Irish athlete being followed around by people that would be better off sticking to Dalymount Park or outside the bookies smoking Benson in their Celtic jerseys instead of stinking up Ireland's image abroad.

'Heyur Des, did you see me on de tellie in Americuh dere being smart to dat pure fool Jose Aldo, did you hear wat I sed to him did yeh?'

Weh weh weh, cry me a river and pass me a Benson Yurto, you big baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

That was all a bit silly.

I read on another forum a guy who was saying he was 'part irish' embarrassed at the 'pathetic behaviour' of the fans at this. So I tuned in thinking **** some bad stuff must have gone down.
    Then I see this happy atmosphere with fans singing, asking good humoured questions, Jose having a good time on stage, giving witty answers. Was all a good bit of banter and a laugh. Nothing like the open hostility in Brazil. Only George Gurgel got pissed off for a second, but he clearly had a stick up his ass for much of the interview!

Shame on those pathetic Irish fans, singing of all things!! they actually had the nerve to SING!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Some people will literally do anything to be offended.

Lighten the **** up. No wonder yous are posting here instead of having the craic in Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Haha people complaining bout people in Boston, people on complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people in Boston, ironically saying lighten up and stop complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Any amount of fan heckling isn't nearly as bad as the disgusting bigotry and classism in this post.

St.Spodo wrote: »
    Any amount of fan heckling isn't nearly as bad as the disgusting bigotry and classism in this post.

Who's getting offended now? You know exactly the type of punter I'm on about. I grew up on a working class estate btw.

Anyway best of luck to Conor tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Having the fight on Monday morning just prolongs the knot in my stomach....if it feels like this sitting on the couch I wonder how it feels to be participating...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Conor is a bit of a dick imo. But I still support him. It's no different than supporting Man United and disliking Rooney. He may be a tit but he bangs in the goals and gives his all.

Conor may be a tosser, but he is the best Irish fighter on the planet and is doing wonders for the sport both sides of the Atlantic.

Would I prefer him to be more like Swanson for example, of course. But I'm not going to root against him just because I dislike his personality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement