Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 conorGOAT

There is a serious element of band wagon morons travelling to his fights lately the chanting is hideous tbh,Id bet my life half of these people have never seen Jose Aldo fight yet claim hes going to be knocked out,I doubt they could name 1 person outside of Aldo in his weight division.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

conorGOAT wrote: »
    There is a serious element of band wagon morons travelling to his fights lately the chanting is hideous tbh,Id bet my life half of these people have never seen Jose Aldo fight yet claim hes going to be knocked out,I doubt they could name 1 person outside of Aldo in his weight division.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but seems odd that these are your first posts on here and thats the username you choose, very suspect.....few band wagoners about alright!! :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 conorGOAT

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but seems odd that these are your first posts on here and thats the username you choose, very suspect.....few band wagoners about alright!! :D:D:D

Im his number 1 fanboy not denying it,my competition for biggest fan are rookies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Conor is a bit of a dick imo. But I still support him. It's no different than supporting Man United and disliking Rooney. He may be a tit but he bangs in the goals and gives his all.

Conor may be a tosser, but he is the best Irish fighter on the planet and is doing wonders for the sport both sides of the Atlantic.

Would I prefer him to be more like Swanson for example, of course. But I'm not going to root against him just because I dislike his personality.

I wouldn't mind if he was putting on show, but that is really him, love to see a humble side to him, people compare him to Ali, Chael, Anderson.Which is crazy.

Me I compare him to Bisping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

dave1982 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if he was putting on show, but that is really him, love to see a humble side to him, people compare him to Ali, Chael, Anderson.Which is crazy.

Me I compare him to Bisping :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyu6qCnSfw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

conorGOAT wrote: »

So what?

Everyone has to start somewhere, leave them to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Trailer for RTE's new documentary.

The king is back.. #TheNotorious Brand New Series @RTE2, next Mon 26th Jan, 10.00pm
    amp.twimg.com/v/eaf22d7d-d5b…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Horrible fight! really not helping my personal fight to stay up for Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Parke is such a defensive fighter. Doesn't seem to be able to take a punch. His movement is great but it obviously dominates when he's trying so hard to avoid a punch connecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Lots of bewildered people online pi55ed off with the pendred result

Lots of bewildered people posting about Pendred and Parke in the Conor McGregor thread...

So if Dublin is out, it would seem certain that McGregor vs Aldo (next half hour dependant), would be on May 23rd in Vegas, UFC 187?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So if Dublin is out, it would seem certain that McGregor vs Aldo (next half hour dependant), would be on May 23rd in Vegas, UFC 187?

Exactly my thoughts depending on this

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Well that was easy for Conor, Siver had nothing for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Trailer for RTE's new documentary.

The king is back.. #TheNotorious Brand New Series @RTE2, next Mon 26th Jan, 10.00pm
    amp.twimg.com/v/eaf22d7d-d5b…

Looks interesting. In the calendar for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

So anyone got a fight pass I could use to book tickets for Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know the date the fight will be on in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the date the fight will be on in May?

23rd most likely ufc187

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

so,do we think Conor can beat Aldo? Very dominant against Siver,good Octagon control and kept up a good pace. I'm still worried about what happens when Aldo leg kicks take their toll and he can't throw his spinning back kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

JonnyF wrote: »
    so,do we think Conor can beat Aldo? Very dominant against Siver,good Octagon control and kept up a good pace. I'm still worried about what happens when Aldo leg kicks take their toll and he can't throw his spinning back kick.

Leg kicks are a worry for sure. Stylistically I think Aldo's better than Mendes or Edgar for Conor, right now I'd pick Aldo but I genuinely think that Conor has a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

Leg kicks are a worry for sure. Stylistically I think Aldo's better than Mendes or Edgar for Conor, right now I'd pick Aldo but I genuinely think that Conor has a chance.

agree with you there, Conor hasn't fought a high level wrestler yet. No saying that he couldn't handle it but we haven't seen a proper wrestler take him down and how he'd react. it'll be a shoot out against Aldo whereas a fight with Mendes could be more of a slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The main question now is do I take a chance and book my flights and accomodation for the 23rd of may. Quite apprehensive about it, considering Aldo's track record of pulling out of scheduled fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

it'll be a shoot out against Aldo whereas a fight with Mendes could be more of a slog.
    Conor had a 4" reach advantage over Siver. And Siver has a similar 4" reach advantage over Mendes.

Think about that for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I just watched this.....:eek:yikes. But I am sure Conor knows all about it and doesn't seem fazed :

***leg damage shown from 55 secs onwards**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I just watched this.....:eek:yikes. But I am sure Conor knows all about it and doesn't seem fazed :

***leg damage shown from 55 secs onwards**

Nasty alright, just have to come up with a plan to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Nasty alright, just have to come up with a plan to stop it.

Faber didn't seem to be able to check the kicks, or close the distance and counter in that fight. I can't see McGregor allowing that to happen. Distance shouldn't be a problem for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Has Conor actually fought anyone decent??

I've just caught his last 3 now and they were woeful, how are these lads ranked as fighters in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

_Jumper_ wrote: »
    Has Conor actually fought anyone decent??

I've just caught his last 3 now and they were woeful, how are these lads ranked as fighters in the first place?

Have you seen any of their fights before Conor?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement